It appears to me that what all people on this site have in common is a deregulated epigenome that does not allow the DNA to be read properly, thus creating myriads of symptoms including problems for the cells to form proteins properly (including hormones, neuro-transmitters etc…)
I’ve had success fighting back PFS and getting my life almost normal within 3 years of crashing while following the methods below. I went from being disabled to being functional and efficient 97% of the time, with the remaining 3% being just demotivated and lazy.
The only annoying symptom I have left is insomnia, but I don’t get anxiety during the day (less than pre-crash). Sexual, physical and neurological symptoms are gone, again except insomnia which I keep under control with meds and herbs. I live a normal life with a strict diet and I’m in better shape than any other time in my life.
Because I’ve been asked often and I want a reference point for the suggested epigenome fixing tricks I’ve read about, I decided to make a thread on precisely this topic. Please do read the articles. It’s about longevity, aging and NAD+, but aging has been shown to be accumulated damage to the epigenome: what will keep you young will also repair the epigenome and from my experience, maybe our disease too. My story is anecdotal, I have no proof of what made me better. But here’s what I did:
Here are the tricks I learned that are suggested for fixing the epigenome:
- Exercise (It also creates more muscle mass and more androgen receptors: weight lifting, legs exercise)
- low carbs or almost zero carbs or zero carbs
- Higher fat to replace the energy deficit from cutting carbs.
- Fasting 1-3 days. Some do more
- Calorie deficit for a period of time, like from a few days to a week or two. Repeat periodically
- Intermittent fasting: eating only in a window of 1-6 hours. Outside this window, only water.
- Carnivore / ketogenic diet helps with the 5 points above and has extra benefits
- Cold shower and/or hot saunas
- Exercise while glycogen deficient. (at the end of a fast or while being in ketosis)
- Get out of breath exercise (cardio until you’re out of breath)
- Take melatonin as a food supplement
- Maintain a strict schedule: eat always at the same time and sleep at the same time.
- Take NAD+ boosting supplements like Nicotinamide MonoNucleotide (NMN) and NAD+ boosting plants
You know you’re in ketosis when plain water tastes sweet. This is because of the presence of acetone in the saliva which only occurs while in ketosis.
Those are from Epigenome researcher Dr. David Sinclair, among others.
(I don’t suggest Resveratrol, Metformin or Trans-Pterosstilbene as he does. The last two may work for people not on a ketogenic diet Idk, The first one doesn’t seem to go well with PFS)
Here’s a good article on the topic:
And another one: