Support Group for carnivore/ketogenic diet

The longer the better. It takes 3-6 months to become fat adapted and around 9 months to get results on sexual symptoms, according to an other guy who have tried and my own experience… (Data is ver limited as you can see)

1 Like

Guys, don’t forget to eat lots of animal fat. 70% of calories from fat and less than 4% from carbs to be ketogenic.
Being carnivore is good. Being carnivore AND ketogenic is better.

But don’t push too hard. Better go smoothly than break and give up.

Cant understand How its possible that only 4% of my diet can contain carbs, and not to over eat on proteins when i need 1900 calories a day…

While it may be uncomfortable, I love getting morning erections I feel like they’re a great sign. I don’t get them too frequently but maybe every few days I woke up with one. I can’t really remember the frequency before the vaccine but I’m hoping to get back to that level and then continue to get them more frequently than that.

1 Like

Forgive me for asking but what is the science / theory behind carnivore diet?

I understand the idea of keto, as in: the intentions and possible benefits of ketosis. I can look that all up and read about it.

But why abstinate from plant based foods and the many nutrients / minerals / vitamins they have? What is the supposed benefit of that? Just extreme carb reduction?

A carnivore diet is 0 carbs. A ketogenic diet is 70% calories from fat.

If you eat more than 4% calories from carbs, you’ll get kicked out of ketosis. Hell, I eat 8 gr of carbs and I’m out for at least 4 hours… So what’s to understand is that the body does not produce ketones (BHB) in the presence of insulin, which you produce when eating carbs. You need ultra low to zero insulin to produce ketones.

As for overeating proteins, whenever you do eat proteins, your body produces mTOR which ages your body. I try to eat protein just once a day and the rest of the time, I’ll just eat fat.

By the way, 1gr of protein or 1gr carbs will give you 4 calories. 1gr of fat will give you 9. So when you need 1900 calories a day, It’s easier to get them from fat.

@Wintermoon :

Read the articles on the top post here: Tricks to repair the Epigenome

Beside, I do know the theory behind all this but anyone can make theories about anything. I’m judging from the results others and I get. Results are in the body, theories are in the mind. Most of my symptoms disappeared after a few days on the diet. It’s anecdotal but it can hardly be a coincidence.

Plants fight predators by producing chemicals that makes them harder to digest. Lots of people here have leaky guts, allergies, inflammation etc… By not eating plants, you eliminate all allergies and inflammation due to them. Also, plants energy mainly consist of carbs, so no ketosis there. Meat have lots of nutrients, compare !

Because the diet I’m doing is both carnivore and ketogenic, I take vitamin and mineral supplements.
But I’m noticing a skin reaction to the coconut milk I put in my coffee. When you eat mostly animal fat and meat and so little plants, it’s easy to notice what plant causes allergies.

As a trick to all, the brain need 30gr of carbs a day which you either get from carbs or from transforming 60gr of protein into 30gr of glucose. I find that if I eat close to 20gr of carbs a day, I don’t get any carbs cravings and if I’m purely 0 carbs, I get cravings a lot and dream about carbs.
Eating almost 20gr of carbs means 40 gr of protein that won’t be converted to glucose. If you try zero carbs, you need at least 145gr of proteins to keep you muscle mass, with the ketogenic requirement of 20gr of carbs, you can lower protein intake to the suggested ketogenic 130 gr. You need a minimum of 85gr of protein + filling your brain glucose requirement either with carbs or protein to not lose muscles.
Because we are eating mostly fat meat, you need to eat more to get that 130gr. Also you can overshoot. But the more meat you eat, the less fat you’ll eat and the less BHB you’ll produce.

BHB and NAD+ are key to this diet as it will make all the tricks work better. But without the tricks, you won’t produce sirtuin proteins and those are the ones that repair the epigenome.

The tricks are:

• Exercise (It also creates more muscle mass and more androgen receptors: weight lifting, legs exercise)
  • low carbs or almost zero carbs or zero carbs
  • Higher fat to replace the energy deficit from cutting carbs.
  • Fasting 1-3 days. Some do more
  • Calorie deficit for a period of time, like from a few days to a week or two. Repeat periodically
  • Intermittent fasting: eating only in a window of 1-6 hours. Outside this window, only water.
  • Carnivore / ketogenic diet helps with the 5 points above and has extra benefits
  • Cold shower and/or hot saunas
  • Exercise while glycogen deficient. (at the end of a fast or while being in ketosis)
  • Get out of breath exercise (cardio until you’re out of breath)
  • Take melatonin as a food supplement
  • Maintain a strict schedule: eat always at the same time and sleep at the same time.
  • Take NAD+ boosting supplements like Nicotinamide MonoNucleotide (NMN) and NAD+ boosting plants extracts
1 Like

On paper there isnt much science on why carniviore diet is healthy, according to most dietians it is even considered to be one dimensional and bad.

There are some theories I came across though.

1. The things that ozeph said. That it basically creates a enviroment which is beneficial for correct gene expression and signaling.
  2. There is some strange theory that the water that is used in the body through low carb metabolization is actually different from the water the most consume orally. Basically the water used by ketone pathways contains less deuterium. Here is a study:
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309458942_Ketogenic_diet_and_deuterium_depleted_water_for_the_prevention_and_treatment_of_cancer_and_neurodegenerative_conditions
    and here is some information: https://www.ddcenters.com/burn-it-study-participant-info/
  3. Carniviore and low carb work because they are just bascially an elemination diets and certain people develop different food intolerances and allergies. Thats why people with autoimmune disorders may have greater results…
1 Like

Right. Well I’ve been interested in trying keto diet for some time as I am a mild case (only sexual). I wonder if ketosis may result in healing of the sexual sides. This is all based entirely on the assumption that finasteride did in fact cause epigenetic changes in the CNS causing the symptoms, rather than simply CNS-localized hormonal or signalling imbalance.

I’m not sold on carnivore personally, but keto seems worth a shot. I’ve been progessively excluding carb foods from my supermarket shoppings. Currently working towards a meat-eggs-dairy-veggies only diet with water and some low-carb milks like almond and coconut. Maybe some black coffee now and then in the mornings. I’ll see how it goes.

Main thing I’m worried about is constipation, as I’ve always noticed constipation whenever I went with low fiber foods for a few days.
Is there any zero/low-carb-high-fiber food that works wonders for constipation?

Yes there is: cold potato starch mixed with cold water. It’s a resistant starch unless heated to high temperature. It will not be digested and is all available for fermentation by bacteria in your guts. I take it with probiotics.

Inulin is also a soluble fiber. The problem with it is it will be very readily available to bacteria in your upper digestive track and they will consume it all before it can go down the track.

Yes, it can apparently be a godsend for people with autoimmune conditions. It’s very possible that PFS has a significant autoimmune component. That’s on top of its epigenetic repair strengths (though apparently it’s also possible to get those without being meat only for example David Sinclair’s diet)

1 Like

This group was started 4 days ago. I takes 2 days for the carbs reserves in our body to be depleted.

Surely someone must be struggling with intense carbs craving, sudden fatigue, diarrhea or something ?

The group has been formed to give support for those specific cases. After we’ve all pass that point, we be sharing things like “it’s boring to eat the same thing everyday…” (and yes it is)

Of course, we’ll also share results !

Don’t hesitate to share !

1 Like

Just got over the initial hump of fatique and carb cravings and feels good to be on the other side :slight_smile: Felt some pleasant libido while doing yoga this morning. I hope everyone is doing well.

1 Like

Im not 100% on keto yet, but very low on carbs. Its certainly a big job to measure the macros, but with time i think its possible to go full keto. The last three weeks i have done alot of fasting, only been eating meat, dairy and vegetables. Had alot of headache and some diarrhea but that is gone now. My mood and energy has improved much. The last two days i also felt more connected to my body, when i touch my skin it feels better. My orgasms also feels a little better. Today i had an erection from just visual stimuly, cant remember last time that happend.

So i feel positive and im beginning to think that i might beat this shitty condition with time.

Next week im also going to add some supplements one by one.

Congratulation ! That’s the hardest part !
Thank you for sharing results ! Keep sharing as things evolve

@christkr Looks to me like your body has been periodically in ketosis (fasting does that) and it looks like you had keto-flu already. You’re very close ! The only macro to check is the carbs. For the rest, eat a lot of fat and some fatty meat. Dairy is not recommended (too much L-Cystein and too much carbs, plus there’s lactose) and for vegetable you really need to check them out. They can cause inflammation, hormonal changes and have lots of carbs unless you select the few that doesn’t.
Congratulation on the improvements !

Hey guys !

Being encouraged by your efforts on the diet, I decided to cut carbs even further. I must now be below 10gr a day.
I’ve had 2 nights in a row with 7 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep !

In the last 3 months I had a single night of 8 hours uninterrupted sleep (first time since I crashed) but that was after an ugly night the night before, so I was exhausted, I never got such good sleep 2 nights in a row !

Something is happening. I know I take shit loads of sleep meds and herbs, but even with those I would sleep only 4-5 hours before waking up fully alert and then tossing and turning the rest of the night, sleeping in between.
Not only I’m not becoming tolerant to those meds and herbs, but sleep is improving. I dare hope one day I’ll be able to tapper off the meds and herbs.

Also the burning eyes I got in the shower disappeared and dry, burning lips I had many years pre-crash no longer requires I put vaseline after washing my face or brushing my teeth. This is a first in 6 years. I crashed 3 years ago but insomnia, burning eyes, burning dry lips, anxiety appeared 3-4 years before I crashed, while I was still taking fin (and there was probably more symptoms, like lack of confidence, stomach upset, food not going down etc… but I didn’t know about pfs back then so I thought it was just the way I was normally)

Anyway. all those symptoms are gone and insomnia is getting slowly better (Lol… Very slowly !)

Just wanted to share. I believe there’s reason for hope !

1 Like

Hey that’s awesome. I hope you see continued improvements! Question for you, I saw you drink coffee still and I do to. Do you think that could be holding us back by upsetting the adrenals or causing inflammation?

From What I’ve read, caffeine helps produce testosterone. It does also raise cortisol (adrenals). It’s a very good source of antioxidants (polyphenols and hydrocinnamic acids) which can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation unless you’re allergic to it.

So It’s got its pros and cons. I use 2 tsp of decaf and 1/2 tsp of normal coffee. So the coffee I drink has 80% less caffeine than if I used full caffeine coffee only. Decaf has the same antioxidant properties as regular coffee.

I’m also cutting aspartame which I have stubbornly taken despite my better judgment. Aspartame can turn into glutamate, the overwhelming quantity of which is at the core of my insomnia IMO as well as my inability to produce GABA properly, glutamate being an antagonist.

The disease has been described (in a nut shell) as a poly glutamine complex toxicity due to androgen receptor silencing (by modifying the epigenome to silence the AR). Glutamate is part of the glutamine complex.
I also believe that this toxicity is responsible for killing our good guts bacteria (all bifidus strands and e-colie if my information is correct)

Here are ways to lower Glutamate:

Many pfs symptoms are the same as Glutamate excess symptoms. They also talk about bacterial infection.

Read the article. It’s very pertinent to our situation and also explains why diet works. The author suggest that following a low-carb Paleo diet (under 50 grams of carbs per day, high in animal protein, and moderate in fat) is the ideal diet for maintaining the balance between GABA and glutamate. That’s for people that are high in Histamine (have increased allergic reactions). However, this does not produce ketones body and will not heal the epigenome.
The author does mention that a ketogenic diet has been found to favor GABA production and be exceptionally beneficial in the treatment of many conditions associated with excess glutamate. So it really depends on your histamine levels. and for that I suggest testing if you fare better with the paleo version given above (for a short period, to adapt) or the ketogenic diet.

Finally, the article does mention pfs and other causes as to why people are here.

Thanks for sharing. I think on prior attempts at this, I was doing something closer to a paleo situation and felt better on that than I currently feel. Might have to tweak my approach in that direction.

Hey how are you feelings these days?

Anyone else try this diet?

1 Like