The classic azole antifungal drugs are highly potent endocrine disruptors in vitro inhibiting steroidogenic CYP enzymes at concentrations lower than therapeutic Cmax

5 Likes

I was able to have sex the first 5 years of PFS. I got shrinkage at the 5th year, I was using conazole shampoo at the time, and it happened overnight (woke up with pain in the penis).

2 Likes

The same do quercetin.

It took 2 years using the shampoo to start seeing side effects and 3 years after I came off is when I realized what Keto had done to me, I never would have thought a shampoo would destroy me, it sounds stupid even saying it.

Was it prescription strength (2%)?

You can add some hand soaps to the list as well.

FDA SCRUTINIZES ANTIBACTERIAL PRODUCTS FOR HORMONAL DISRUPTION, BACTERIAL RESISTANCE

2 Likes

I have no clue I used a shampoo called Regenepure DR they don’t say how much is in the shampoo of keto percentage wise I wonder if it’s more then 2%

I have to post one more thing here. I saw it as soon as I posted it.
This could and I stress could, literally be our story right here, and why its a constant uphill battle.

ANTIBACTERIAL

HORMONAL DISRUPTION

BACTERIAL RESISTANCE

off-target antibacterial and antifungal effects. Here’s one of them.

In Vitro Analysis of Finasteride Activity against Candida albicans Urinary Biofilm Formation and Filamentation

https://aac.asm.org/content/58/10/5855
Finasteride alone was highly effective in the prevention of C. albicans biofilm formation.

heres another,
Notably, in a Wistar rat model of chronic bacterial prostatitis (CBP), finasteride reduces bacterial infection as a single agent and has a synergistic effect with ciprofloxacin through an unknown mechanism (Lee et al., 2011)

@guitarman01 can you elaborate a bit?
I am very poorly science educated…
In my case, I was suffering from candida frequently before and while on fin.
Ever since the crash it has all gone…
Any connection with the article?

+1

Definite set backs in the past when I’ve used them.

The bottom line from what I posted is Finasteride has antimicrobial properties. Both antifungal and antibacterial. This is something to keep in mind. Now I could hit the stop button right here, but if I wanted to keep going,

You can see products that have more direct antimicrobial effects are capable of hormone disruption.
Maybe part of the way some of these drugs work to begin with might include interactions with the microbiome. These interactions could make drugs more effective or less effective.
one quick example,

So big picture maybe you got 2 things to look at when it comes to what we might have in common.
Our own human genome (23andme)
or the Microbial genome,
It has been estimated that the microbes in our bodies collectively make up to 100 trillion cells, ten-fold the number of human cells, and suggested that they encode 100-fold more unique genes than our own genome1.

They say cardiovascular disease is only 15 percent human genetics, the rest of the risk factor comes from our environment.

You will never hear me focus on hormones here, (yes of course I know they are being affected and all over the place)
To me this is more something that will fall in line. I think hormones are maybe more so being taken for a ride as opposed to doing the driving.

I could be wrong about some of this though. Im fine with that too.

2 Likes

I suffer from SIBO and the antimicrobial medication (garlic extract & oil of oregano) gave me a pretty severe cortisol spike. Wonder if this is why.

So what can I use now for fungal skin infections its keep getting worse and I cant use miconazole? Pls help

Can you get away with using small amounts of cream for small areas on the body?

If anyone else suffers from malassezia yeast infections like me, I found this:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5442545/#!po=30.6818

Look at fig 2. or table 4 for the lowest MIC values coded in green. Sadly aside from the azole class of drugs, the only alternative is terbinafine which has varied efficacy on different malassezia strains but doesn’t seem to cause endocrine disruption from what ive found.

This was kind of a funny one seeing this, maybe an example of little known off-target effects when it comes to the microbiome. So the question would be does inhibiting p.acnes itself have an effect on androgen metabolism? Im basing this thought on that patent link from my last post.
Also looking at another mechanism here, propionibacterium might be capable of producing large amounts of vitamin k2. idk
Menaquinone-specific isochorismate synthase
Cutibacterium acnes (strain DSM 16379 / KPA171202) (Propionibacterium acnes)

Vitamin K epoxide reductase regulation of androgen receptor activity

Inhibition of Propionibacterium acnes lipase activity by the
antifungal agent ketoconazole
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/1348-0421.12464
We found that the antifungal drug ketoconazole
potently inhibits P. acnes lipase activity

Taken together, these findings suggest that ketoconazole may improve acne vulgaris by the following
mechanisms: inhibition of P. acnes lipase, direct
growth inhibition of P. acnes, and/or an anti-androgen
effect. As the pathogenesis of acne vulgaris is not solely
caused by P. acnes (it is a multifactorial disorder),
multiple treatment strategies are required