Both Helicobacter Pylori and Candida Albicans have been found

Hello mates,

After been struggling from a constellation of symptoms besides the common PFS ones, finally proper tests were done and it came out I do have both Helicobacter Pylori and Candida Albicans. It’s clear that bacteria is treated by antibiotics, Though this would exacerbate candida issues. At the same time I am afraid of taking any -azole’s meds for Candida. Any suggestions on how to approach in this case? What anti candida drugs would be safe for PFS?

Any advices are highly appreciated!
Cheers

1 Like

It seems like there’s a variety of reactions to antibiotics and antifungals, but I haven’t heard of anybody reporting catastrophic worsening of symptoms.

Still, you should tread very carefully. Personally, I’ve taken alinia, tindamax, and septra without lasting lasting problems (the side effects while taking them was a little unpleasant though). But I also took paramomycin, which made my tinnitus permanently worse. (It’s ototoxic).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! Do you treat Candida with the meds you have mentioned?

I’m under the impression that 'azoles are to avoided and that they have made things worse for people.

1 Like

No, it was for blastocystis hominis. Clearing it didn’t do anything for PFS, though. Of the drugs I mentioned, only Tindamax is an -azole.

Looks like you’re right.

1 Like