I believe tribulus has cured me!

There has been other discussion about bupropion/wellbutrin here. User did not appear to be too happy with it. I also tried bupropion a while back, and it did not do me good. A recent study done on mice found:

BUP had toxic effects on testicular function

and

The BUP group showed a decrease in […] testosterone levels (Control, 783.5 ± 154.2 ng dL−1; BUP, 201.4 ± 54.8 ng dL−1)

Hence I would be at least cautious in recommending bupropion to our patients, but as usual, YMMV

6 Likes

Bupropion maybe do testicular damage at dosage dependent and for how long you take it, everything is dosage dependent, even water can kill you if you drink too much.
Let me clear something " If wasn’t because I took bupropion maybe I wouldn’t be here today, maybe 7 food under" ( because I was about to kill my self at some point), I am glad that I didn’t own a gun those days.
In my opinion, there are 3 options:

1-Do not take anything to control anxiety and deal with it 24/7.
2-Take SSRi drugs and maybe you deepening ED and Libido.
3-Take different class drug that do not have sexual side example Bupropion, (Bupopion it is not just antidepressant it is also anti-anxiolytic), I don’t know another one that work better.

I am not a doctor to recommend but I did it base in my experience, I took it for 12 weeks and my testicles weren’t affected at all, my Total testosterone now is near to 500 actually increased because I was in the 300 before long ago, let put a point here (I am not saying that Bupropion increased my testosterone).

I am forcing anybody to take it, but definitively leave untreated depression an anxiety it is not a solution neither.

2 Likes

@awor and @axolotl, what are your thoughts as to the risk profile of Tribulus?

I’ve ordered some good quality tribulus and mucuna looking forward to trying this out. Regarding anti-depressants, I found one excellent one that I haven’t ever seen mentioned here: Amisulpride.

I found it 10x more effective than any other I ever took. So for those who don’t want to take SSRIs and for whom Welbutrin caused weird other sides that outweighed its benefits (what it did in my case), there is another that has worked for a fellow PFS/PAS victim.

It’s apparently not available in the US but is fairly popular in Europe for dysthymia, and is prescribed for that in low doses. That said, it does cause elevated prolactin, however that side effect can be mitigated through a combination of dosing it only every other day and by also taking Cabergoline.

Amisulpride is an antipsychotic so its in a different class to Buproprion et al. Prescribing is generally the domain of a psychiatrist.

Tribulus terrestris appears to have anti-androgenic activity, as do most substances that are “improving” people here. At least two studies have found

extracts of T. terrestris had anti-androgenic activity

I put “improving” into quotes, as not everyone reacts the same:

This is the problem with many proclaimed “cures”. While certain treatments seem to help some (resveratrol in the following case), they have killed others:

That is why the staff of this site repeatedly warn about over-zealous and universal claims of cures. Even our site policy forbids absolute claims (see post of @axolotl above) We don’t do this because we want to spoil the fun, but rather because we want to avoid people hurting themselves after blindly following supposedly good advice.

7 Likes

awor Tribulos for sure is not saw-palmetto, increase AR in the brain.

1 Like

I used Tribestan just like April guy said, finished the bottle with zero benefits. What should i do now? Maybe Betaine + Taurine + Cod oil can help me? Should i try that combo?
I don’t have acsess to choline and inositol here. :confused:

So I’ve been slowly introducing tribulus back into my supplements. I did a large dose cycle very quickly a few months back i think. But with all the stir up here i’m giving it another go.
I suspect that PFS is the result of the mutation to the aromatase enzyme after the discontinuation of propecia or other 5ari, and it subsequently effects the bodies breakdown of T to DHT. This is my guess, and I’m not a scientist.

Tribulus will raise androgen receptors, which is interesting- it would seem that just by that nature it works for PFS. Thus, testosterone is not raised to the point of raising estrogen due to its aromatization. Which by the way, I would assume is why some people feel bad om T raising supplements - the subsequent aromatization.

Tribulus, by starting slow, seems to allow testosterone to “work” without raising estrogen too much to the point of feeling emotional or fatigued.

Just my guess.

As for me, 2 pills a day of 1000mg trib with 85% proto has done the following (this is day 3)

1. Increased oil
  2. Slightly increased armpit odor ( i no longer had to use deoderant :confused: )
  3. Sexual dreams, but morning wood is still lacking.
  4. Workout performance increase.
  5. Pimples on face (previously had none).

I am also taking 1000mg tyrosine and 500 mg l-phenylananine twice daily with the tribulus.

I will continue with this dosage for some time.

1 Like

just for your information, i stopped tribulus because its making things worse and penile numbness is coming back. Overexpression of AR is linked with numbness ?

Can someone explain why activity of active ingredients is dependant on the way its extracted ? Extraction method provide very different results. For example methanol extract is anti estrogenic and increase T. Isn’t it why everyone has a different outcomes with tribulus ?

We found that the water extracts of T. terrestris showed estrogenic activity at concentrations higher than 27 µg/mL (≥2.6-fold) and none of the extracts had androgenic activity (Figure 1). However, the water extracts of T. terrestris had anti-androgenic activity (Figure 2). In addition, the methanol and chloroform extracts of T. terrestris possessed anti-estrogenic activity.

Studies from other laboratories have previously indicated the endocrine disrupting potential of T. terrestris, particularly, the water, methanol, and ethanol extracts of T. terrestris . Hussain et al. (2009Hussain AA, Abbas AM, Heba HI, Amir HA. (2009). Study the biological activities of Tribulus terrestris extracts. WASET 57:433–5 [Google Scholar]) showed that methanol extracts of T. terrestris increased free serum testosterone levels in male mice

Typically, now, herbal extracts are created with microwaves. It’s cheaper, and is more effective than water or ethanol extracts.
However, most products don’t explain their extraction method.

But the purpose of triptorelin is to decrease testosterone levels… so how can it help to boost them .

High doses of triptorelin decrease testosterone levels (doses upwards of 10mg). On the other hand, extremely small doses stimulate the pituitary to release the hormones responsible for signaling for the production of more testosterone (these doses are around 100mcg, just like the OP dosed).

It is an anti-psychotic at high doses and has opposite effect with respect to D2 at low doses. It is probably considered the best drug for dysthymia currently in Europe. I recommend reading more about it as it might be the safest drug for us to take for that condition.

Pretty sure it was MediHerb Apr1989 used. I found it monster strong, in my own arbitrary rating twice as strong as Vemoherb.

1 Like

I bough it in Vitamin Shoppe, but I don’t think that it matter.

Tribulus Terrestris Extract

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/tribulus-terrestris-extract-625-mg-100-capsules/vs-1603

DOPA 400

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/america-finest-hgh-dopa-400-mg-250-capsules/fi-1001

1 Like

I think it would be terrific if it helped our condition (and worth a mention) - i’m merely pointing out it isn’t an antidepressant and will generally be more difficult to commence (GPs will be reluctant). Technically speaking though, it is classed as an antipsychotic at which ever dose. If you were to script at a low dose for other purposes it would be considered “off license” in most countries and would require full payment as well leave the physician vulnerable should anything go wrong.
You are right Amisulpride is unusual in that it lacks the combined antagonism of 5HT2/D2 receptors which usually defines an “atypical”. At low doses, Amisulpride enhances dopaminergic neurotransmission by preferentially blocking pre-synaptic D2/D3 dopamine receptors. This may explain its efficacy in the treatment of negative symptoms in schizophrenia. At higher doses, Amisulpride antagonises post-synaptic D2/D3 dopamine receptors, reducing dopaminergic transmission, which may explain its efficacy against the positive symptoms of schizophrenia.

If you start on it at a low dose id be very interested to hear about how you go - cheers!

As I mentioned before, it’s considered a first line drug for dysthymia here, and it was the first drug that ever worked for me. It worked very well. It also was impressively fast acting. So you know whether or not it works very quickly (basically immediately). I only don’t take it anymore because I eventually arrived at a state where it was no longer necessary for me to take any drugs anymore.

where is here?