Prep medication, reversing pfs?

@Lostinaustin or someone else, do you guys mind asking @axolotl this question I typed it earlier? that way we can get a reply from him

He replies here about why he’s cautious about prep but I don’t really understand it all. If I had to take a guess it’s most likely because we don’t have a picture of what’s going on on a molecular level quite yet so it seems risky to use a medication that affects Nucleic acid expression.

1 Like

i didnt understand it either, which is why i asked him to clarify. i think ill have better luck if someone else asks him to clarify

I’m not really sure how to ask him other than tagging his name in a comment like you did

1 Like

thats what im asking

Hi guys,

In terms of my personal caution, yes, this is correct. It is also based on views on the pathological driving factors of PFS and my unusual fragility, which is certainly not universal. Due to the severity of my case, incomplete scientific information, my responsibilities here, ongoing projects to further this issue and my previous attempts at therapies, I am not willing to take any further chances on therapies myself currently. I regularly caution about interruption of the androgen pathway and considering it appears this is resensitising the AR to ligand by some form of chromatin modification, I consider the same caution appropriate to at least take on board.

In terms of the science, I’ll be writing something substantial in the future that will hopefully fill in some gaps.

I’m pleased to read it’s making a big difference to @Rmoney96 as well. Here’s hoping it continues :relaxed:

8 Likes

CIao Axo! When will the new survey be?

Very soon indeed. We pushed it back to create and include a system to easily input sets of lab values. No promises but very hopeful for early next week.

3 Likes

Hey man, if you have existing liver disease I’d be careful. If the liver cannot metabolize drugs, the drug will accumulate in concentration in the body.

You can always go to your PCP and tell them you’re on Prep and that you want bloodwork done. If you want, tell them you’re in a at risk population for contracting HIV and that’s why you’re on it.

Just tryna keep it safe!

So what’s the latest on those trying this? Still working?

yeah these guys barely even frequent this place as much now since they have their lives back

took prep for a week and ended up with a bad cold and fatigue cant exactly pinpoint this on prep but not had a cold this bad in a long time. Stopped prep for now as got bad insomina as well no improvments in PFS sides

1 Like

I quit prepp after 3 days due of stomach and liver pain. No improvements. I even feel worse. If someone want to buy it cheap I can sell.

1 Like

@joshuk, @matys83

Thanks for sharing this info guys. It’s good to hear the negative responses to some of these treatments, along with the positive. I think too many people try things that don’t have any effect and don’t bother to mention it, so we are left with the false impression of a high proportion of success.

The reports generated by the upcoming patient survey should help to more accurately represent the facts on treatment success rates.

I think it’s a good time to mention that I took Truvada obtained through an acquaintance for 15 days and generic Atripla ordered online for another 15 days and didn’t notice anything with the exception of some mild visuals when I closed my eyes to go to sleep the first couple nights on Atripla.

It is a shame, I did have quite a bit more faith in this treatment than others. Not surprised though.

1 Like

Isn’t it bizarre how some people have remarkable improvements while others have none, or even negative symptoms.

I suppose this applies for most categories of drugs including antidepressants, where only 50-60% may notice improvements.

Looking forward, a key question is this: Should we cast aside treatments where users are found who have had no success?

I will buy from you.

matys83,

How much do you have, I would like to test it for a week to decide if it’s worth to continue taking it.

@irishguy754

Have you fully recovered now ? Have you stopped taking prep ?

i can give a bottle of prep away if someone needs one

Hey guys little update, sorry for those dudes up there who tried and said it didn’t work, if my opinion means anything you didn’t give it long enough but then again who knows right. My bottle ran out 2 days ago and I’m getting new one today, but might not take until I notice decline to test if we gotta stay on it forever (which im down to do with how I’m feeling now) still very much decreased fog, energy in gym, 225 pounds and don’t look fat I’m feeling solid. Libido and erections slight better but my free t is still on the low low side of normal and as much as we can say test does or doesn’t help, won’t know till I try and my free T is factually low. So even without pfs or whatever the hell is going on it’s something to correct. Hope everyone’s alright, go get free test and SBHG done, I’ll let you know how it is when I start. Sorry for long post and not spacing. Message if needed, I don’t really check up as often now I figure if something big happens I’ll end up seeing it regardless. Much love brothers, smell is back too my girl catches me sniffing she doesn’t understand that it makes me feel like I’m progressing, what a life !

2 Likes