Prep medication, reversing pfs?

This is very promising, @axolotl what do you make of this?

Have you recovered sexual sensitivity? I mean, improve penis numbness?

If Prep helps does this mean that PFS is an autoimmune problem ?

1 Like

this is super interesting. please keep us updated irish

wouldn’t that be ironic if a cure was developed serendipitously?

no, it’s an antiretroviral not an immunosuppressant. When used in HIV treatment or prevention, an RT inhibitor prevents the RNA template of the HIV virus being copied into DNA, which would later be inserted into the chromosome by a different enzyme. This prevention happens via inhibition of the reverse transcriptase enzyme (which essentially does what a RT-PCR does in a laboratory). Its apparent ability to alter gene expressing in a way that resensitizes hrpc cells to both ligand and treatment via inhibition is the relevance I see in PFS. The immune response is under significant regulation by the AR which is my opinion as to why we see immune related symptoms sometimes.

Well it’s interesting to me and unlike most things there’s no record of it being tried in the past by a PFS patient, so I’m keen to hear your updates and of course I hope you continue to improve. However, I’m personally very cautious regarding interaction with the ar pathway in PFS. The study indicated they thought the gene expression remodelling that restored AR function in hrPCa was due to the elevated expression of RT in cancerous cells, but considering in normal differentiated tissues this is not the case perhaps it is via another means, or perhaps tissues affected by “PFS” are expressing RT as part of their dysregulation. I really don’t know. The source of AR overexpression in PFS at the epigenomic level is still a mystery of course.

2 Likes

@ irishguy754

how do we non-UK guys order this,i personally wanna order but the website says this:

“Whether the order is being delivered to the purchaser in the U.K. or being forwarded to another country in Europe – a local U.K. contact number must be provided when placing the order and included in the shipping address details.”

Can u give me/us some insight and help regarding this problem for us who are from europe to order this?

Thank u very much

Zadig

Have you thought this all the way through? Not trying to be a damper, but do more research before you dive head first into taking this medication. Tenefovir and RT inhibitors in general are associated with a high degree of bone mineral density loss and calcium disorders, not to mention kidney failure. They come with their own plethora of issues. I’m sure Irishguy will be fine, but again apparently so are “98% of Finasteride users”, yet here we are. I just wouldn’t want to hear about you taking it and getting worse.

4 Likes

I don’t know to much about ordering from Europe. I sent my money through electronic funds transfer and received it in 10 days. If you want advice about ordering. Please join the Facebook group below

Dude, my entire life has been dominated by mental health problems. I had suffered from them growing up and Then pfs came And fucked things further up. I am desperate and I am 31 now and have lost my entire 20s to this drug. I do realise cautiousness is important but I have had enough. It’s time to be brave and try to solve it. I would take kidney problems in my old age if it solved pfs quickly, that would be a price worth paying.

I am up early to go to a job that I fucking hate and I am about to take my 5th dose in a few hours. I am also meeting someone for sex on Monday to see how I perform. I will keep everyone updated but for the first time today, I experienced what extreme unhappiness is like without depression and I felt like a human being. It may be because of prep.

I want to stress that I think the weight loss and therapy has helped me too. If any other guys wanna try it, it may not work for you. These improvements could stop within a week but for the first time I feel hopeful and no one is going to take that away from me.

3 Likes

I have recovered a bit of sensitivity yes

It’s for gay men who want to go in prep, just don’t even mention your sexually or what you want it for. I don’t think the guy who runs it is a medical professional himself, so don’t ask. Just ask about ordering.

I don’t disagree at all, and I’m certainly not trying to take that away from you. But I urge everyone to look around, we’re all a part of a community made up of a group of guys who took hormone altering drugs and are now paying the price. Like I said, chances are you’ll be fine and shit maybe even better than fine. I wish that for you more than anything. But Im curious to track your progress a bit longer. 3 days isn’t enough time, not enough research in relation to our problem to make a game time decision and going off and ordering a very serious medication. I was just urging him to do more research, because Truvada is indeed a serious medication with potential long term consequences. I know you don’t want to hear that but everyone else needs to hear it if you’re considering taking it.

@irishguy754 I hope the best for you mate, please keep us updated. No ill intentions

5 Likes

Wow that genuinely sound’s like me :disappointed_relieved: sorry to hear you’ve had it so hard yourself, I know how that can feel myself struggling with mental health issues from about 10 years of age after being bullied, that’s what I suspect kicked eveything off for me and was the sole reason i went on SSRI’s at a young age, i was so bad i was afraid to go to school and probably missed a lot of education, mad that one small change can have such a massive impact on one’s life.

One day I hope people can just walk into a clinic and get a test for the parts of the brain that might not be regulating correctly, then hopefully be able to correct it with targeted medication or remove the traumatic experiences entirely from their mind, sounds very far fetched but hey who knows, I’m all up for seeing the end of mental health issues, they’re just another barrier in the way of enjoying life and knowledge of the brain is still very primitive, I think there’s a lot that can eventually be done to help people who would like help.

I hope this drug helps you immensely and you continue to improve, just be careful at the same time, you can still enjoy all those years you may of not had the chance to enjoy to the fullest.

Thanks dude. Do you mind me asking where in ireland you are from?

I’ll personal message you now :blush:

No it would not be a good idea to have a separate section for the gays. We all need to discuss our issues and treatment strategies together. If you don’t feel comfortable talking about your sexuality in front of straight people, well that’s your problem. Finasteride doesn’t appear to distribute whether your straight or gay.

I do realise it is early days but I feel horny feelings that I haven’t felt in years, just from taking this pill and it may take another drug to reverse the effects of this drug. It is now day 4 and I have feel better. I will keep everyone updated as I have a 3 months supply and plan to use the whole lot to see.

5 Likes

To your point re being uncomfortable sharing about your sexuality, I know I speak for most (maybe not all) when I say thats the least of our worries, and you’d be surprised how extremely tolerant we are given the position we’re in. you being gay doesn’t change anything at all. Lets try to approach his situation from a position of reason. Take the emotion out of it - we all want to get better and I do admire his willingness to try Truveda and share his experience with us. I’ll stop cluttering this thread with my rant .

@irishguy754 don’t be discouraged to share your encounters with Prep over the coming days, you might be on to something and I would like to hear more.

2 Likes

plz dont flame the post with sexuality issues
let the guy tell his trial and ask questions about the trial only plz

1 Like

@irishguy754 i would like to ask u if u could respond to drugs like benzos, alcohol, marijuana or not due to pfs
did u manage to reverse that with the anti-hiv drug

best regards