My regimen, and it's working

@Scott.H I’m truly sorry to hear what you’re going through, it’s immensely infuriating to hear about your situation. If you can go back in time would have chosen not to treat your symptoms using more perscription medication? Just curious

@Ozeph, my dieting is the same as it’s always been pre-fin. A lot of turkey, chicken, veggies, carbs. I usually have 1 or 2 cheat days throughout the week where I’ll eat a burger or something, but it doesn’t seem to have any correlation to my symptoms. I know this because I’ll have cheat days during times I’m feeling symptom-free and nothing happens. You stated you took fin for 20 years and experienced health issues at year 15, did you not experience any side effects while on it at all between years 1-15? I can also relate to your insomnia. The insomnia I had when I first got off was honestly scary. There was a stretch of 3 days where I literally slept for 3-4 hours. That was probably the worst side effect I experienced.

I don’t dare give any advise to anyone. I talked about using gelatin to fix leaky guts, I’m still on the experiment, and if it wasn’t for axolotl intervention I may have accidentally influenced people into doing something that would have worsen their situation.

Some have tried gelatin in the past with bad results and I’m not sure I can consider my own results as good yet.

Did you fill a personal profile ?

Honestly, it’s hard to know. My life was bad and I was unhappy. I was very irritable and took drugs and alcohol. But is it because of fin or because of being caught in a vicious circle with drugs and alcohol provoking the irritability I was drinking / using to escape from ?

I became drug / alcohol / cigarette free 8 years ago. Never touch any of those since. I was very reluctant to take the prescribed drugs, but not sleeping added another terrible layer of symptoms to my already bad situation. I took the lesser evil and chose to sleep. At first, the pills would give me only 3 hours of deep sleep, and the rest was what I call “dreaming zombie” state, where it looks like I’m not sleeping except I have very superficial dreams and not rest at all from that.

Sleep slowly improved from there but I still take drugs (at a stabilized level which is 8x less than the maximum)

The insomnia gradually came starting 2014. Before I stopped fin, I was taking a cocktail of melatonin, anti-histamine, herbs and whatever i could find but to no avail. I was sick 4-5 days a week and could barely work.

I can say I’m feeling better now, 6 months post crash, than I did 3 months pre-crash before stopping fin.

There’s one thing I do every day. I look at pictures of naked girls on the internet. The idea, is to get more or less aroused (depending on the days) but to have this stimulus to my brain everyday.

I read somewhere that it helps rising levels of testosterone and androgen. Might be wrong I don’t know… Maybe I’m just a pervert . He he !

Hmm… Not a bad idea. i’ll also start looking at naked girls pictures too…to stimulate my brain and my gonads… I wont let FPS stop me from being a pervert :stuck_out_tongue: Once a pervert always a pervert!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Digestive enzymes

Just got it. Tastes horrible but it’s got digestive enzyme and much less cysteine than whey protein isolate (which used to give me nausea whenever I took it)

Considering I have tons of whey protein and that whey protein tastes better , I will mix both vegan and whey protein 50-50 to get something in between.

Lol I know I forgot to mention that to you guys. It does taste awful, but its vegan I wouldn’t expect anything more (no offense if youe vegan). But I don’t drink it for the taste. Just a tip - I sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon powder in my shake to lighten the taste a little bit

I wonder why they give it fancy names. Mine is “Chocolate Lava” like it’s some fancy dessert from a renowned Chef. It tastes like powdered dried peas (which is basically what it is). Nothing fancy about it.

I’m very satisfied though. It’s got a good amino acid profile and is low in cysteines to which I react badly.
I recommend it.

I started a new thread on Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

To begin with, I’m taking low doses of a multitude of amino acids that are relevant to clearing brain fog in the day and sleeping good at night.

You wanna join me a take a bet on the results ?

1 Like

Have you tried protein shake as well as meat, butter and greens ?

If you don’t eat, you can’t improve. that’s the one basic think to look at to see if a child, a grown up or even an animal is getting better or not. It’s quite universal.

In my opinion, it should be you priority to ingest protein and fat to get your system running, if only at a minimum.

Maybe you can gulp down a vegan protein shake even if you’re not hungry (begin with half a dose) and maybe take 1 tbsp of extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil (or some MCT oil)

Eat a steak and some greens during the day.

Those are just suggestions, but i don’t see how basic food can hurt. I’m not a doctor, it’s just my opinion.

1 Like

@Pete1989

maxcaps

These work well for you?

I am giving this regime a shot and will try to keep some updates on my progress (hopefully!) here.

I started yesterday with citruline, arginine, carnitine and BCAA since it sounded like those made the most difference. I took the amounts recommended on the packages last night and again this morning (planning on taking in the morning but was being inpatient last night…)

I don’t know if it’s placebo or actually helping but I feel good this morning. Focused, motivated, but not jittery. It’s not like a stimulant at all thankfully (I absolutely loathe stimulants). Also woke up twice feeling like I could have sex again already (did before going to sleep) but did not try. Doesn’t seem like it would help that quickly but who knows.

My issues have mainly been desensitized penis and very long refractory period (oftentimes 2-3 days). Prior to PFS I was always good for once a day no problem, 2x most of the time and 3x occasionally. Since PFS it’s been more like 2-3x a week max. The desensitized issue gets worse the longer I “last” so it turns into a vicious cycle of things taking so long it’s extremely frustrating.

Anyways—that’s where I’m at. Hopefully I can remember to update this every few days. I am fortunate that my symptoms are not nearly as bad as a lot of people, but I can still see a lot of room for improvement.

No, it actually seemed to make my symptoms worse. This bottle is mostly non-essential acids. @Pete1989 asked me to post a picture of this the other day and I’m just getting around to posting it.

1 Like

Day 3 - Still on the amino acid regime. I feel like crap today though. Not sure if it’s related to any of this or if I’m just getting sick. Sex didn’t go well last night, could barely feel anything. I’m always good erection wise, not so good with the finishing part unless it’s been 2-3 days. Hoping in a few more days I’ll start feeling a little better.

I felt great Thursday morning, thought I would have been fine to go again actually (after Wednesday night) but who knows. I did not feel the same Thursday night.

Sorry for the graphic detail. I don’t know how else to say it. It’s extremely demasulinating (is that a word?) to not be able to get to the finish line sex wise… I really hate this issue with a passion and hope this ends up helping me. I guess I should be glad I still have sex drive and still can halfway perform… just not finish, which is still a lot better than a lot of people.

Happened to me too. It is frustrating plus I stay horny; It doesn’t fulfill the need for sex.

Ozeph did you originally have libido issues

At one point sex drive dropped. I was looking at girls and felt nothing. At the same time I had anhedonia and was in a general state of “not caring about anything”. I also felt demotivated, procrastinated a lot instead of doing what I had to do,

That’s after I switched sleeping pills from Alprazolam to clonazepam. With Alprazolam, I was horny all the time, like when I was 20 (I’m 50). After switching, it all felt down. It a weird sensation to not have goals anymore, no drive. Really scary.

But I was pretty fast to go on a ketogenic / carnivore diet (like a month after I crashed) and sex drive came back. especially after taking protein shakes between meals. I still have desensitization issues.

I made several threads describing the different experiments I made:

But I dare not give any suggestions to anyone here. I can only speak of what I did and what it did for me.
Be careful with collagen. It made some people worst and I guess I could say the same for amino acids.
The ketogenic / carnivore diet was a life safer for me.

Thank you… so I’m summary aprazolam and carnivore diet increased libido?