Success Stories Compilation

Exogenous, im planning to do them together ;D

Yes, that’s my theory at the moment. Babies are born in ketosis. Although the body saw fit to silence the AR when we got a sudden rush of DHT after not inhibiting the 5-ar. Hopefully, with time, the 5-ar/DHT - Androgen Receptors axis is becoming more balanced and we’ve got the BHB to help the body unsilenced the AR.

I read somewhere the BHB acts along with Butyrate because they are similar molecules. Butyrate can be found in butter, cheese and ghee, but is produced in large quantity by the guts bacteria breaking down fibers. Too bad my diet doesn’t have much fiberd. Things with fibers usually have edible carbs as fiber itself is a carbs. I’ll try to find a fiber with no edible carbs I could add to my coffee in the morning.

Good idea. Although having both BHB salts and BHB esters at home, I find them hard to fit in my diet. They’re not easy on my stomach.

1 Like

I’m having my last light meal in the next hour: dried beef jerky I made, ghee and water, then I’ll only drink black coffee in the morning, some electrolytes and of course water.

By the way I found a way to increase Butyrate without increasing carbs: chia seeds. They’re 40% fiber and the rest is mostly oil and protein. 18% is omega 3. Does anyone knows if they’re ecxitatory, promotes glutamate or 5-ari ? They’re good, but should be limited to 1 oz a day, before being pre-soaked.

Fibers gets eaten by the guts flora which creates Butyrate out of it (among other things). Butyrate has the same effect as Beta-HydroxyButyrate on the DNA. If BHB helps, getting more butyrate would help as well.

1 Like

You should make a video in the video section about your progress. Sounds inspiring.

1 Like

I’ve been PM with someone and I think what I wrote would be of interest to all and fits into this success story thread… So I’ll repost it here:

Here’s the list of symptoms I had after I crashed. I didn’t have that all at once, but I had it all of it at some point.

Neurological: Total insomnia or waking up after 2-3 hours of sleep, severe anxiety to die for, brain fog, speech slur, depression, demotivation, lack of confidence, anhedonia, irritability, aggressiveness, difficulty focusing and solving problems

Physical: Fatigue all the time, couldn’t stand up for long, had to rest when climbing stairs, couldn’t do hard physical activities, dizziness, loss of balance, stomach ache, gastric reflux so bad I had to lie down at an angle, food stays in stomach, headaches all days, burning eyes, burning lips all the time, muscle waste, lack of coordination

Sexual: Balls hurting all the time, low to no sex drive, no morning erections, difficult erections with stimulation, greatly decreased sensitivity sometime none at all, couldn’t finish when having sex

Here’s what I did that helped me the most:

I cut all carbs (less than 8 gr. a day), barely eat any plants, only a few leafy greens in low quantities, some coconut milk and coffee and I basically feed myself on beef and ghee (clarified butter). I don’t deprive myself. I eat until I’m full. I get most of my calories from ghee, beef fat and MCT oil from coconut. At first, I did lots of intermittent fasting (eating in a 6 or 4 hour window) but I don’t do it anymore. Instead, I do a 3-4 days fast every 2 months.

By doing this, not only I get a lot of Butyrate from the ghee, but I’m in ketosis which means my body produces Beta-HydroxyButyrate from my body fat. My standing theory at this point, although I can’t be certain, is that both Butyrate and BHB helps repair epigenetic damage. I’ve read scientific articles that hint at that but I don’t know for sure if it works for us. Nonetheless, I am definitely much better now after more than 13 months of this diet. I mean, my only remaining symptom is insomnia and a few other very mild things I barely notice.

Also, this diet greatly reduces all inflammation in the body. I feel so much better overall than I did pre-fin.
No alcohol, no drugs, no cheating. Recovering is serious business so it takes what it takes.

I take a lot of supplement: Ozeph Regimen and Supplement
Look at the last list down the page as I’ve changed it a few times.
Honestly, all those supplements have helped more at the beginning than they do now. I can now skip them but I prefer not too. It’s mostly vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Anyone should be careful and test them in low doses before going full on as I do. The diet is not dangerous, the supplements can be.

But it’s still the diet that helped the most. After 4 months I’ve regained enough strength to start exercising. So I started doing some cardio and weight lifting, which I’m still doing to this day. This also helps a lot but of course you need the energy first and that’s what the diet gave me.

3 Likes

The results were as follow:

Most neurological symptoms except insomnia went away within a week or were greatly diminished. Headaches disappeared and didn’t come back since I’m on this diet, digestion problems went away within 2 weeks.

After 2 months, energy came back, neurological sides were gone or mild except insomnia, most physical symptoms disappeared, burning eyes, and burning lips were less severe. Sexual sides improved 30% but my balls were still hurting.

After 4 months all symptoms further improved as I started exercising, taking amino acid, vitamins and mineral supplements. Sexual symptoms improved to 60%, my balls were still hurting but less.

After 6 months, sexual symptom were coming and going. I could cheat and eat carbs (in limited qty) and I wouldn’t get anxiety. My balls were hurting a lot less and less often.

After 9 months, my balls stopped hurting. all neurological symptoms were gone except insomnia., sex was at 90%.

After 13 months of diet and 2 fasts, I can eat limited carbs, not everyday, without ill effects. The only symptoms remaining is insomnia, although it greatly improved, some dry lips but it’s mild and sometimes, for a short time my eyes would burn (like a minute or two). Sexual sides are all gone, sensitivity is back, sex drive is not as high but since I’m really looking at the girls on the street, I think it’s because while I lost 20 kilos, my wife gained 20. Being fit and eating healthy, and seeing her stuff herself with carbs and eat 3000 calories a day while working in front of a computer, I think my lower sex drive just applies to her. Lol.

I remain sensitive to some food as it can disrupt my sleep. But I think you can see the improvements
look like an upward curve. I believe if I continue this path, the remaining symptoms will disappear within a year or two although I have no proof of that nor I have any proof that they won’t come back if I stop the diet, exercise and supplement. But I have good hope.

I just learned yesterday that by feeding rats once every two days, they increased their lifespan by 83%. That’s a whooping amount ! A human that started this at 20 could live to a 165 years if it applies to us as well. I think I will diet, fast regularly and maybe do intermittent fasting and eat once every two days.

If there’s something I learned from this disease and the diet that I took, is that I don’t have to be old and sick from 60 to 90 and then die. I can be just as fit as in my 30 until at least 70 and in good fitness until 90-100. I’m 51, so this more than doubles the time I have left with a fit mind and body while having experience and money. It looks like the best years of my life are ahead of me ! Life is looking a lot brighter !

3 Likes

I can say that this is what helped me as well. I noticed at first that after eating meat I was feeling better my balls where normal looking and I had meat diet for 3-4 months I think. when I would cheat and eat greens I would lose my advances after meal or two. last week I came off of the meat diet and I incorporated vegetables cooked. I feel good my improvements stayed and I am feeling better overall. getting off of diet was not good I felt weak and I lost 2 pounts in a week but I am stabilized I don feel weak now.

@Ozeph I was thinking that meat diet would increase my cholesterol that is why I wanted to get off the diet. have you done blood tests what is your cholesterol now? did it increase?

Thank you.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad to hear others having good results on a similar diet.

Yes I did. HDL is higher, LDL also somewhat, but the ratio is much healthier. Altogether it’s not an issue for me. I’m at 12% body fat, have lost all visceral fat and I’m much healthier. Heart rate has gone down.

I should try eating meat only. I’ve been eating around 300 gr of leafy greens but I don’t really have a reason why I do. Mainly because it absorbs the ghee and I don’t have to drink it off my plate when I finish the meat ! Lol.

Thanks for sharing !

2 Likes

Love your story!

Just one comment regarding the rats: Their lifespan is a lot shorter than that of humans. Therefore 2 days for them is relatively speaking a much longer time. Rats die after 3 or 4 days without food. So you can’t compare this 1 on 1. But the life extension properties of fasting are fascinating, nevertheless!

2 Likes

You’re right that saying humans could live to 165 years is far fetched. Nonetheless, if I can be healthy and clear minded until 90/100, that’d be great !

1 Like

Exactly! Plus science is really moving in lightspeed in this regard. You never know what they will find that can give you extra 10, 20 or 30 years…

1 Like

Hi could you explain a bit about how your balls were more normal looking? This is one of my symptoms.

when I first came off of Saw Palmetto I had cold balls and dick. like swimming in a frizzing water, they where very close to my body and cold almost all the time. I started eating meat cooked meat more and more and as time passed I noticed that my balls where looser hanging low. at that time I wasn’t eating meat with every meal so I didn’t know why I had sometimes normal looking balls and sometimes cold and close to my body. so I started to eat meat more and more because I felt good on it (this year April/May). 2-3 months ago I didn’t buy any meat so I had veggies for 1-2 days and I thought I had solved cold balls but on vegetable diet it went away after about a day or so. any way I bought meat and had good cooked meat and it started to feel normal, like it was before SP. last week I came off of the meat diet well I eat meat (not as much) every day but with vegetables and my balls and dick feel normal. my dick feels little bit less normal, sometimes it feels like it is fluffy, it has odd feel to it. not hard like cold small and hard, but firmer, bigger and weights more like normal (I think its blood flow). I am planning on taking 1 month brake and in October I want to do 1 month meat diet to give recovery extra push.

based on my experience I recommend a meat diet a try.

if you have any questions let me know, if I didn’t explain something properly ill properly.

2 Likes

correct me if I am wrong but what I have read and observed with some of the PFS symptoms its is malnutrition like muscle wastage and bone loss. for this reason fasting would not be good in my opinion but eating more and diet change. seeing what gives you benefits/improvements and eating more until problem resolves. than fasting should be beneficial for us.

this is what I think.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer… I had always thought of trying carnivore/ketogenic diet, now I’m convinced to try it.

1 Like

Pfs symptoms varies quite a bit from person to person. But if someone suffers from these symptoms it would be good to take this into consideration of course.
On the other hand a lot of people suffer from massive weight (fat) gain, where fasting would be beneficial…

1 Like

I totally agree. A carnivore diet should come first before any fast. At least 3-6 months of carnivore diet. Fasting should only be done when you’re full of energy and have started gaining muscle.

In 10 days, it will be 14 months of carnivore diet with a little leafy veggies (I’m doing a carnivore diet with some elements of ketogenic diet. But definitely not a ketogenic diet). Your post makes me think of trying 100% carnivore for a while and see the results.

1 Like

What aspect of your diet is different from the keto diet?