Success Stories Compilation

Love your story!

Just one comment regarding the rats: Their lifespan is a lot shorter than that of humans. Therefore 2 days for them is relatively speaking a much longer time. Rats die after 3 or 4 days without food. So you can’t compare this 1 on 1. But the life extension properties of fasting are fascinating, nevertheless!

2 Likes

You’re right that saying humans could live to 165 years is far fetched. Nonetheless, if I can be healthy and clear minded until 90/100, that’d be great !

1 Like

Exactly! Plus science is really moving in lightspeed in this regard. You never know what they will find that can give you extra 10, 20 or 30 years…

1 Like

Hi could you explain a bit about how your balls were more normal looking? This is one of my symptoms.

when I first came off of Saw Palmetto I had cold balls and dick. like swimming in a frizzing water, they where very close to my body and cold almost all the time. I started eating meat cooked meat more and more and as time passed I noticed that my balls where looser hanging low. at that time I wasn’t eating meat with every meal so I didn’t know why I had sometimes normal looking balls and sometimes cold and close to my body. so I started to eat meat more and more because I felt good on it (this year April/May). 2-3 months ago I didn’t buy any meat so I had veggies for 1-2 days and I thought I had solved cold balls but on vegetable diet it went away after about a day or so. any way I bought meat and had good cooked meat and it started to feel normal, like it was before SP. last week I came off of the meat diet well I eat meat (not as much) every day but with vegetables and my balls and dick feel normal. my dick feels little bit less normal, sometimes it feels like it is fluffy, it has odd feel to it. not hard like cold small and hard, but firmer, bigger and weights more like normal (I think its blood flow). I am planning on taking 1 month brake and in October I want to do 1 month meat diet to give recovery extra push.

based on my experience I recommend a meat diet a try.

if you have any questions let me know, if I didn’t explain something properly ill properly.

2 Likes

correct me if I am wrong but what I have read and observed with some of the PFS symptoms its is malnutrition like muscle wastage and bone loss. for this reason fasting would not be good in my opinion but eating more and diet change. seeing what gives you benefits/improvements and eating more until problem resolves. than fasting should be beneficial for us.

this is what I think.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer… I had always thought of trying carnivore/ketogenic diet, now I’m convinced to try it.

1 Like

Pfs symptoms varies quite a bit from person to person. But if someone suffers from these symptoms it would be good to take this into consideration of course.
On the other hand a lot of people suffer from massive weight (fat) gain, where fasting would be beneficial…

1 Like

I totally agree. A carnivore diet should come first before any fast. At least 3-6 months of carnivore diet. Fasting should only be done when you’re full of energy and have started gaining muscle.

In 10 days, it will be 14 months of carnivore diet with a little leafy veggies (I’m doing a carnivore diet with some elements of ketogenic diet. But definitely not a ketogenic diet). Your post makes me think of trying 100% carnivore for a while and see the results.

1 Like

What aspect of your diet is different from the keto diet?

Well, quite a lot. There’s lots of plant in a keto diet. They only cut carbs.

I think it’s not suitable for pfs people like us because plants creates inflammation (it’s their only defense mechanism) and makes changes in hormones and neuro-transmitters.

The best is either pure carnivore, or carnivore with a few carefully researched plants. Both with lots of fat, but not any fat:

I favor ghee particularly because of its Butyrate content. But I also take coconut milk and coconut MCT oil.
I eat beef fat and pork fat. Sometimes palm oil and I’m thinking of introducing some extra virgin olive oil in small quantities.

Well, it’s now been 4 days since I last ate something. First 2 days I was hungry but still had energy, yesterday was easy but today I’m feeling tired and depleted. It’s 6:30 pm.

I’m going to spend the night and break the fast tomorrow when I feel it’s time, but not later than 3pm.

I will first take hot water with cinnamon, MCT oil and salt, 20 minutes later will have some mash potatoes with salt and MCT oil and 20 minutes later chicken filet on baked potatoes with salt, spices and again MCT oil. By taking MCT oil first, I will signal to my body that we’re still in fat burning mode.

The cinnamon mimic insulin without truly having it’s effect. It will get my body ready for an insulin spike.

The mash potatoes are high glycemic and have lots of minerals. I will induce an insulin spike that will open up my cells. The chicken and potatoes later are to put both carbs and protein into the cells, without putting any fat in them. The MCT oil will get transformed into BHB and BHB does not get stored in the cells but gets used as energy.

Altogether, although I’ll be taking MCT 3 times, the amount will not be large. Nor will the potato. I will eat a medium portion of chicken and slowly start getting more food in my body.

Let’s see how it goes. I’ll keep you posted.

So I broke the fast this morning after 5 nights and 4 days. I should have made it 4 nights 3 days instead. The last day felt like I was sick and I slept only 4 hours last night.

I broke the fast more or less like I said I would but damned, I really craved carbs. I had four toasts with Nutella. Lol. Not exactly Keto !

This afternoon, I feel calm, more focused on my work then usual and motivated. I’m singing songs in my head and I have a happy feeling. I also feel more generous and compassionate toward others. I don’t know what that’s got to do with fasting.

I didn’t take any of my supplements for 5 days and feel nothing wrong with that. So today, I had carbs, no keto diet, no supplements and no pfs symptoms. Let’s see how I sleep tonight !

I will just have a beef steak with ghee for dinner though. I don’t want to spike my insulin before bedtime.

3 Likes

Rooting for you! Let’s hope that sticks!

1 Like

I feel refreshed. I can really tell it’s been cleaning stuff inside.

So you notice anything more on meat diet?
Semen volume increase? Better erections? Symtpom relief?

(I love animals and try to avoid eating them as much as possible but i can try this. Someone on acne.org forum also pm-ed me before and said meat diet solved his issues.)

1 Like

All my issues are solved except insomnia, and it’s getting better.

All neuro sides went away 1-2 weeks in the diet. I don’t believe that can be a coincidence.

All physical sides went away around 2-4 months. Could be a coincidence, if it’s not the diet than it might be the supplements but I doubt it.

All sexual sides went away slowly during a period between 3 months and a year in the diet. Again is it the diet, the supplement. just time by itself ? I can’t prove any of that.

I believe my high consumption of ghee (about a kilo every 7-10 days) which contains Butyrate, and the ketosis produced in my body by the diet and fasts which creates Beta-HydroxyButyrates helped a lot. I believe Butyrate and BHB help the body fix epigenetic damage (and at this point you can take that as an almost religious belief, as I have no grounds for that although some science reports shows it’s got some effects on epigenetic changes. I posted 6-7 of them on this forum but none of them were about men with pfs).

I can tell you a healthy person going onto this diet immediately shows an amazing decline in all inflammatory markers, an increase in energy and in mental abilities and clarity. Would that happens to every pfs sufferer ? I don’t know. We would have to all try it all and not cheat to get an answer to that. It did to me and all those 3 things happened: decline in all inflammation, increase in energy and in mental abilities.

To me, that would make sense as inflammation contributes to neurological sides and digestion issues. Decreased inflammation is the first noticeable effect of the diet and the related inflammation exacerbated symptoms were the first to go away. If there was epigenetic changes in my body caused by pfs and the diet helped reverse them (both of which I can’t prove) I imagine it would have taken more time as those things cannot be changed in a few weeks.

So I don’t have a clear answer to your question. I can only tell you what happened to me and I can’t know for sure the mechanism behind it.

I’m almost symptom free after a year. I’m 51, and I was in bad shape pre-crash at 50. At that time, I was considering I had 10-15 years left of not too bad declining body and mind health.I though if I wanted to do those trips I’m dreaming about (like crossing Kirghistan on a horse) I better do it fast because soon I won’t be fit enough.
Now I’m in great shape, similar to my 20s and according to research I read, If I restrict both carbs and calories and continue to diet, exercise and fast once in a while, I can look forward to 40 years of being fit and doing sports with a sharp mind. 40 years ago I was 11 !
This more than doubles my fit, clear minded adult life except those next 40 years, I’ll have experience, knowledge and money. My best years are ahead of me !
I’m probably the only one here being grateful I took this pill because of what I learned from it.

I can’t prove none of this. But you guys can follow the progress of science on fasting, ketogenesis, BHB and butyrate, aging and epigenetic changes. I think it’s our best hope.

I’m a capitalist business men. I launch product on the market and make profits with the sales. I can tell you the prospect of a pharmaceutical company taking on research and development, trials on animals and then humans, approval of the drug and the necessary marketing are quite slim for a disease that affects only a small amount of men, in what I perceive as a matriarchal society.
I believe the prospect of a potentially broader spectrum drug that would have for purpose of reversing bad epigenetic damages such as those taking place in the brain of a person affected with Huntington’s disease is more realistic (disease which by the way sees benefits from Butyrate and BHB). Then we could use that drug to reverse epigenetic damage done by fin but all that is speculative at this point.

So why not try the diet ? I have yet to receive a commentary that it has made someone worst so it appears to be safe.

I wish you the best

Ozeph

Ps: Here are the related researches I compiled. I didn’t read them all as I’m not as interested in the science as I may look.

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/978-3-319-31143-2_99-1.pdf

And here, physical exercise affect on epigenetic modulation:

3 Likes

Other articles about Butyrate and Sodium Butyrate effects on Gene Demythylation. To be taken with a grain of salt. It doesn’t mean it affects pfs.

https://www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/mnfr.201700932

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/butyrate

Here are different things that can be done to promote brain-derived neurotrophic factor (which is promoted by Butyrate and demethylate some genes although it still doesn’t shows any correlation to the genes involved in pfs). Interestingly, it mentions exercise. fasting, caloric restriction and cutting sugar.

1 Like

How’s the benzo tapper going Ozeph? Have you had a massive withdrawal? Any tips on tappering?
Last time I heard about how you were doing with that, you told me you felt kind bad by switching to gabapentin.

A lot of feedback on this would be usefull, given that I’ve been taking lorazepam, 2 mgs, for something close to 6 months.