Rb26dett Story with 5-HTP

I stopped 5htp almost 2 years ago. I don’t think it start now

Well what’s interesting is I too started getting joint pains in my hands and wrist one year after stopping propecia (used it for eight years) and 5-HTP (total of 200MGs /50 MGs each day for four days only). I haven’t taken anything else since then other than multivitamins. This is a new symptom that started about two months ago. It’s very painful when people shake my hand to say hello.

Most likely, it’s a problem related to something else. It is impossible to say that a substance does damage years after the last use. If we continue to support such absurdities it is obvious that science and doctors will continue to take us for crazy hypochondriacs. I will do the exams and I will try to investigate on all fronts to understand where the problem starts. I see people on this forum that if they slip and get hurt, they accuse the finasteride they took 3 years earlier. Many symptoms are really related to the disorder, many others belong to other disorders. I even read about people who said they had multiple sclerosis due to finasteride. At this time we should have had it all. The right thing to do, in my opinion, is to investigate and try to understand what is happening. I do not doubt that many symptoms of this damn syndrome are real, especially the sexual and neurological ones, but you can’t blame everything on finasteride / AD / accutane.

I have now lost my autonomy. My joints and muscles hurt more and more, the brain fog is extreme, I can’t remember where the keyboard letters are. My family thinks I’m just depressed and insults me, telling me I’m lazy. I try to point out to them that my joints are jerky and that my veins are small and thin, but they call me crazy. Today I will be forced to undergo a psychiatric examination, surely they will oblige me to take other drugs or, worse still, I will be hospitalized. If this happens, my struggle will end here.

2 Likes

I am very convinced that my problem is very much related to that of @gents93. Somehow, I don’t know how, tribulus or NAC muted my ER. What I don’t understand is why the joint symptoms started after using low-dose testosterone gel.

1 Like

@Rb26dett

I have been reading through your posts and my thoughts have been with you. My symptoms are not as severe but are nonetheless fully disabling. I feel just as hopeless more often than not. A good day for me would be a day in which I don’t contemplate about suicide.

I have the same dark ruminations brought about from a different user. I share similar circumstances with lashes_to_lashes that led to his suicide, but I don’t think I am as bad as he was and you probably aren’t as bad as douglasmich. I don’t know how I can help you, but only to remind you that we aren’t suffering alone and that we must do everything we can to close the negative vicious circle and find ways to survive.

I am so sorry to hear about your family’s response to the unimaginable pain you already endure but it doesnt mean that they won’t turn around eventually. Maybe the psychiatrist would be more open minded if you showed him this: PFS resource pack: letter and study abstracts for your doctor Or have you already tried that with doctors already? My doctor also laughs in my face when I try to tell him about my PFS.

@Dubya_B Didn’t you have joint pain from PAS and recover?

1 Like

Yeah. Sore back and knees. Felt like a knife cutting into my knees at one point.

It improved much after about 14-15 years.

I made the psychiatric visit and I insisted that my mother attend the visit. The psychiatrist said that my depression is reactive, i.e. it depended on my condition (PFS / PSSD), therefore it would be wrong to adopt drug therapy. He suggested that I do an MRI scan. Try to find out if I have something at the level of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland.

I’m sorry you’re going through this so terribly. Maybe we can improve the joint pain ever so slightly with some light exercises and stretches? @Dknighten is really knowledgeable on such things. Do you think @Rb26dett could benefit from some sort of exercises, @Dknighten ?

Amen is a quack huckster and his SPECT bs is old tech that is inaacurate and exposes patients to excessively high amounts of radiation.

1 Like

Makes sense that it’s too good to be true. Will remove my post as to not guide folks to a fraud

yeah of course, I believe everyone benefits from moving their bodies and resisting gravity. It’s what we’re designed to do. Get’s a bit more complicated when you throw in PFS though, of course lol. @Rb26dett I don’t browse the forum much anymore, but please send me a PM, not to exclude anyone but because I haven’t read your story/posts. Or you could ask them on here. Based upon what i’ve learned thus far in my DPT program and clinical exposure, I can give you recommendations (as a student) based on the musculoskeletal things only

1 Like

Small moment of reflection / outburst:

I was thinking about how debilitating my symptoms are and how horrendous it was to live with my extreme cognitive deficit. Then I thought that my family doesn’t respect my suffering at all, on the contrary, it treats me like a paranoid madman. If I try to vent with them on how horrible it is to live with these symptoms, they start to ignore me by turning my face away, giving me the coward and the selfish. I realized that I no longer love my family, on the contrary, I begin to have feelings closer to hatred towards them. I have always lived putting them first, I have always loved them with all of myself, but this experience (PFS) made me understand how bad they are. Realizing this was a heavy blow. By now, I feel attached to my parents only because they keep me financially and this is horrible! I try to find a justification for them, but even using all my rationality, I just can’t forgive them. It was they who led me to this. They played exactly the same ugly and cruel game as the doctors. I’ve always loved my family, but now I can’t do it anymore. They have increased my sense of helplessness. But I understood one thing, if I am struggling, I do it for myself. After all, despite all the suffering, there is an illogical hope and desire to continue.

P. S. The cognitive and physical decline continue to increase, despite having passed over 7 months since my crash on tribulus.

1 Like

We are going through something v similar. I destroyed my life helping my mum and she allowed me to be abused and watched me fall apart after a steroid crash and did nothing to save me. In that weakened moment I used Fin which was so unlike me. Now I will die and they get everything of mine.

Man, I understand that some of you guys are suffering immensely, but it seems like ya’ll are staying in a victim’s mindset… I understand what it’s like. All of it. But you have to give yourself a fighting chance. Go to school, go to work, keep your mind busy. Find a means to make money. Make this situation push you harder and further than you would’ve gone otherwise. If family or friends aren’t on your side, then so be it. If you rely on them to support you, make efforts to change that. Nothing changes until you stop feeling sorry for yourself and take steps to do something about it. Nothing changed for me until I heard these things from someone who recovered and, coincidentally, only logged onto this forum a handful of times.

4 Likes

Holy words, brother. Unfortunately arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia prevent me from finding a stable job.

Unfortunately I can no longer work after crashing again in March. I worked for years with PFS, studied tried to stay positive and never came here. Now my brain is wrecked and crashes under the slightest of stress.

Agreed man! I am keep pushing myself, studying and trying to build the career I wanted to build before I got in this deep shit, despite my joint issues and the brain fog, I will not give up, I don’t care! No matter how hard it is :pensive:

2 Likes

What caused your crash? Did you take anything you shouldn’t take?

No changes before then, everything stayed the same. Then I get better and crash afterwards.