Prep medication, reversing pfs?

Not that I know of. About 1.5 years ago I had some routine blood work done but I never saw the results. I was just told everything was “ok”

I can certainly have some tests ran though to make sure I am OK kidney wise currently

have you suffered from brain fog? nd has prep been helping with this if so?

1 Like

I know prep seems to be helping with emotions and libido. Does it improve / raise hormone levels like testosterone or does it allow the body to use the testosterone that’s circulating. Any info appreciated guys.

I saw something saying it reduced libido in some [non PFS] people… I wonder if it reduces test slightly or something? We seem to be a little backwards sometimes so it wouldn’t surprise me if that helps some people.

1 Like

Hi @Andrew35,

If it’s of interest, I shared (4th reply in this thread) the pre-existing notes I had on the potential relevance of RTI drugs in PFS.

My usual word of caution, stated in the following post shortly after, applies to interference with the androgen pathway:

There were at least two negative experiences reported in this thread.

1 Like

There were 3 negative, the third experience said at the end of 2 weeks the negative sides went away and positives came in effect

2 Likes

Your libido will be fine on prep BUT you will feel a little crappy for 5 days to a week. Low appetite, some people get the shits, gas, tiredness. Probably not want to have sex for a few days if your stomach is messed up. I only had issues for 2 days. By week 1-2 you feel absolutely normal. (However I had a friend recently try it for hiv protection and he said it took 2 weeks before his stomach was normal)

FYI you absolutely must make sure you are HIV neg before taking thus Med. It is actually used with other drugs to treat hiv BUT If you take it alone and have HIV without the combo it will cause problems. It’s advisable to go to doctor and have a normal CBC test done 4-6 weeks after starting to check kidney function. A very small few cannot metabolize the drugs in truvada properly but probably won’t kill you overnight. You would need to be on it for many months to see any change.

1 Like

I didn’t post about it but I did take it for just over a week and had no libido after a day or two, it was weird. I didn’t have stomach issues or anything else. It’s possible it was a total coincidence or (more likely IMO) I just didn’t take it long enough. I’m going to try to stick with taking nothing for a little bit and see how I actually feel. I’ve tried so many different herbs and vitamins and blah blah blah, I need a break before I try anything new.

I’m back to “baseline” now, I think

Most people take it because they are sexually active so it wouldn’t be effective if it caused that problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

But there are reports of it lowering libido… in my case I don’t think I took it long enough to really know

you had a sleep study right? so you suffered from insomnia?

if so, would you say prep helped you with insomnia?

also, where can i buy prep without a prescription?

Can’t say. My insomnia got better over time but I still have lousy sleep. ;mostly due to my own fault lately) I actually had almost perfect sleep last summer for 6 months but then took a bunch of trips and started taking ambien and other pills. I alternate between different prescriptions now. I could stop which takes 5 days of weaning off ambien but I don’t feel like having a bad week of sleep and have a bunch of trips planned. :slight_smile:

If you want to buy it just google and I think there is an official prepwatch page that gives you a few valid locations. Kiwidrugs is pretty good and I have ordered from there many times of other things. Personally, I just have my insurance pay. I also signed up for a free copay card so my bill is $0. It’s $2400 in the US. $50 if you order overseas through kiwi or others

1 Like

so if you take vacations like normal people it can screw up the sleep even if we get benefits for sleep from prep?

thanks i will try kiwi. btw what do i search on kiwi to find it?? lol

No I just am a little wild. I was just in Prague for a week of work. Partied in Mexico City a few weeks ago. I’m flying to Lima Peru for 6 days over Memorial Day to party. July 4th I’ll take 2 weeks and go to Guadalajara, Mexico City, bogota and Medellin. Labor Day I will party in Ecuador. Christmas and New Years 2 weeks in Brazil and uraguauy. Seattle next week for work. Thanks giving I’ll be somewhere for 2 weeks. I usually pop a sleeping pill on planes or use them if I’m jet lagged. I don’t need to but I choose to take sleeping pills because I don’t function without sleep :slight_smile: not very healthy I know but I’m having a very exciting mid life crisis. I hope I survive it haha

Just search for truvada ingredients on kiwi I think

1 Like

Is the apparent science behind this similar to that of the Bulgarian tribulus recoveries and improvements, i.e. up-regulating or re-sensitizing androgen receptors or something else I don’t properly understand involving AR?

Was wondering did you need a prescription? Know I didn’t your answer your question but am trying to find a place to order ED drugs from without a prescription

Earlier in this thread axolotl posted a study that showed a certain reverse transcriptase inhibitor (similar general mechanism of action as Truvada) restored androgen sensitivity in prostate cancer cells.

1 Like

That is actually what led me to the question. As soon as it gets technical, I don’t really understand what’s going on, but both Truvada and tribulus seem to have some effect on AR.

Another question, is trying Truvada to see if it is beneficial relatively safe? I understand there are health concerns related to bone density and kidneys if you are using it long term, but surely for this to be so widely available without a prescription, committing to one month or two to see if it offers the same benefits as others have seen should be relatively safe.

Also, @Rmoney96, you said you are feeling a lot better, but still have low T, have you considered the single dose of triptorelin as recommended by the OP in the tribulus recovery? I ask that on the basis that the recoveries attributed to trib and prep appear to be based on similar science. Or can anyone offer some enlightenment on that? @axolotl?

im trying prep and tripto

prep is easy to get by on my shithole country just going to the hospital saying you work with sex or suspect you’ve been exposed and they’ll hand it to you for free

1 Like