Prep medication, reversing pfs?

I ordered it online as well

do any of you know if the integrase inhibitor included in some new prepā€™s is counterproductive to our goals??

really wish i understood it betterā€¦

Of the patients I found who suspected their PrEP or HIV treatment of causing ED or lowered libido, nearly all of them were on a regimen that included an integrase or protease inhibitor.

This site forum on POZ appears to be the most prevalent place for discussion of PrEP among patients:

this is only useful for infected people right??

i need to watch over renal stress so iĀ“ll stop anyway cause i just added hydralazine

thank you for the response

Youā€™re mixing hydralazine and prep? Wouldnā€™t it be best to trial them separately so you know which one gives the improvement?

yes, but they are additive for gene re-expression and i want fast results

i got something from the pep already but im holding it to not create expectations in people

1 Like

Any update?

2 Likes

Post it!

i am on prep now and dont feel any changes, I ll give it another week probably

1 Like

From other posters it seems it takes like a month to notice anything

1 Like

Agreed

It may take time for the body to respond to a medication/ protocol, definitely in the way we would use it at least.

Even anti depressant and anti anxiety drugs can take 1-2 months to feel effects

1 Like

after first day my semen went from watery to normal
keep in mind mind i only measured 1 time and doxa is prolly helping here, but i dont remember it not being watery since i got pssd

i did a 5 day water fast before starting the antiviral, which ended 3 days ago and since then im eating carbs without diarrhea, its too early to take conclusions but i have carb(bad) intolerance since i used accutane 8 months ago, only getting gases now but im a happy gassy fucker

also yesterday got random weak boners touching my penis, stiill no libido or desire but at least its something
morning wood seems to have improved after testosterone injection which i was not responding anymore

are you on TRT or checking hormones regularly? can you get an alpha-1 antagonist?

1 Like

no, i am not on TRT. yes, checking occasionally. I could get doxazosin, but from my research priapism is not so extremely rare with it.

My order of prep arrived.

I am debating giving it a try. It seems to have helped several that have tried it, though some peopleā€™s side effect concerns worry me a bit

1 Like

which side effects? i worry about bone density and renal toxicity but thats only with tenofovir

been on prep for 5 days now and my IBS seems to be CURED

Yeah, bone density and kidney concerns. Probably very low probability for healthy people but still.

Are you taking it?

yup, taking the more toxic TDF

How long?

Have you had any kidney function tests? That might help inform your decision?

I should say that I know nothing about this stuff or how it might affect you.