PFS recovery is “not impossible. “ In June 2017 I fully recovered (except sleep) - Anonymous1968's post-PFS journal

So, this is the ultimate solution? This must be studied in a lab officially and inmediatelly.

I feel that my corpora cavernosa were affected by low DHT and high estrogen, I can have erections but they depend on my position and fade quickly.

Do you think that increasing testosterone through the gym is the solution?

For sure your post make sense. Look out for Blind Optimism, but also for the opposite
The theory from @Junkieasteride “There’s a good chance it demethylated genes responsible for PFS and over the months of his recovery, his system slowly began to function as it normally should without all these demethylated genes”

Is one that already had be spoken by @awor (not the first, the best) back in 2010. But from what i know still yet 10 years later never investigated.

-The solution- exists, but we need much more scientists help, more intensive studies, by TOP universities, etc.

1 Like

Yes, im trying some things and i have some things planning to do in the near future, but that’s off-topic and not as big as this

These threads begin with an idea and become a contest of opinions with people standing on oppossing sides. In the end they usually just fizzle out without anything meaningful being achieved. Seems we could be heading down the same path again. We really need a transparent database of what has and hasn’t worked then we can make more informed decisions.

PFS doesn’t just happen overnight for everyone so the fact that recovery took time to achieve is entirely plausible and should not be discounted.

Most people wait until it’s too late before they are willing to change. They are happy to live with the pain if it’s a comfortable pain. Many of these recoveries require people to go to extremes and many are simply happy enough to live with their condition if it’s comfortable. This is a limiting fear belief. Your brain doesn’t want you to change and avoid fear of the unknown.

2 Likes

Can’t describe it any better!

Is there a way the Foundation take notice of this and investigate this further?

Edit: i informed the foundation about this.

2 Likes

Hi Belikewater

I’ll answer the questions in order:

• No changes in preferences, but lower sex drive.
  • No. My testosterone levels stayed normal since I crashed. I’ve been amplifying men stereotypes as a way to counter pfs.
  • At one point, it dropped to absolute zero. I saw women, men, dogs, cars and things equally unemotionally charged. So much so, I had no more desire to make money or gain status in society. My whole male instincts were shut down. It didn’t last and after going on the carnivore diet, doing weight lifting and after some time past, it all came back to normal. Well, sex drive is either a little low or I gained some wisdom in the process. I can see through my instincts. By having them switched off and on again, although I feel them, I stay rational and remain master of myself. I have desire for women, but I don’t let that drive control me. I’m still sexually active, but I recognize it’s just my reproductive instincts doing what there meant to do.
3 Likes

Calcium is excitatory. Magnesium is inhibitory. I take 450 mg magnesium everyday.

So, do you work well sexually from beginning to end? And, do you think it is essential to lift weights to improve fps?

@Colombian I went on a ketogenic / carnivore diet. After 6 months or so, it was still numb. I started taking vitamin A and sensitivity came back. I really doubt it’s just the vitamin but I think it came at the right time, after the diet had done some repair before. Honestly I don’t know.

@Mcbbould Yes, I take 500mg metformin every two days. I don’t know if it has any effect. To those with strong symptoms, be careful with metformin. It stresses the body which might be good for healing if you can take the stress (according to some longevity researchers), but bad if you can’t.

1 Like

Yes, I’m 100% functional sexually.

In the Success Stories Compilation exercise, weight lifting, cardio, low carbs and fasting are all common elements.

Weight lifting was suggested to me by my endocrinologist as it increases testosterone and androgen receptors.

Considering it seems pfs is an epigenetic disease and considering Dr. David Sinclair’s tips are all about repairing epigenetic damage and are in lines with the common elements of recovery stories, I’d say it would be quite a coincidence if it was no correlated.

Here’s Dr. Sinclair tips again (those not involving drugs or supplements):

Eating 1 time a day (intermittent fasting)
Water Fasting
Taking cold showers
Going into hot saunas
Doing “out of breath” cardio (gets you some Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
1 Like

Ok I’m going to have to sign up at the gym

7 months ago I read this story and took high dose (about 800 mg) oral methylprednisolone for 2 days, nothing happened except temporarily decreased eye inflammation.

Ozeph, did you have hourglass penis?

No I didn’t. My balls were hurting all the time but I went ketogenic / carnivore 1 month after the crash. The pain gradually went away and after 9 months I barely had any. Now, a year and a half later it’s all gone.

I mention it because testicular pain cannot be good. I figured it was my immune system attacking my balls because they didn’t fit my new hormonal profile or something and I think if I didn’t do the diet I may have had permanent damage but I will never know.

The author of this post go to the gym regularly, I´m going to do the same, It is absurd and stupid to cry because pfs and not work hard with weights. I want to add that the most important exercise of all are squats with deadweight, because the muscles of the legs generates testosterone and HGH for the whole body and your balls are close.

1 Like

Hitting the gym isn’t going to cure/fix PFS I was bodybuilding prior to my crash and I’ve completely atrophied all over and can’t even build muscle anymore. I don’t even have the same energy I once did prior to developing this syndrome.

1 Like

For many with PFS, not going to the gym is not about laziness or self pity and to suggest so is highly offensive to people here. I was a regular, consistent gym goer for years prior to PFS, rarely missing a session and maintaining a clean diet. That hasn’t been possible since crashing due to the loss of strength and high levels of fatigue I now experience.

5 Likes

I got a reply from the foundation:

"Thanks for passing on the methyl steroids link. We file all such reports, in case anyone asks about possible remedies. More important, sometimes we get multiple reports from different patients about new PFS symptoms, and in turn those symptoms show up in a clinical study. So by the same token, we then post those additional symptoms on our What Is PFS page: