PFS recovery is “not impossible. “ In June 2017 I fully recovered (except sleep) - Anonymous1968's post-PFS journal

Can’t describe it any better!

Is there a way the Foundation take notice of this and investigate this further?

Edit: i informed the foundation about this.

2 Likes

Hi Belikewater

I’ll answer the questions in order:

• No changes in preferences, but lower sex drive.
  • No. My testosterone levels stayed normal since I crashed. I’ve been amplifying men stereotypes as a way to counter pfs.
  • At one point, it dropped to absolute zero. I saw women, men, dogs, cars and things equally unemotionally charged. So much so, I had no more desire to make money or gain status in society. My whole male instincts were shut down. It didn’t last and after going on the carnivore diet, doing weight lifting and after some time past, it all came back to normal. Well, sex drive is either a little low or I gained some wisdom in the process. I can see through my instincts. By having them switched off and on again, although I feel them, I stay rational and remain master of myself. I have desire for women, but I don’t let that drive control me. I’m still sexually active, but I recognize it’s just my reproductive instincts doing what there meant to do.
3 Likes

Calcium is excitatory. Magnesium is inhibitory. I take 450 mg magnesium everyday.

So, do you work well sexually from beginning to end? And, do you think it is essential to lift weights to improve fps?

@Colombian I went on a ketogenic / carnivore diet. After 6 months or so, it was still numb. I started taking vitamin A and sensitivity came back. I really doubt it’s just the vitamin but I think it came at the right time, after the diet had done some repair before. Honestly I don’t know.

@Mcbbould Yes, I take 500mg metformin every two days. I don’t know if it has any effect. To those with strong symptoms, be careful with metformin. It stresses the body which might be good for healing if you can take the stress (according to some longevity researchers), but bad if you can’t.

1 Like

Yes, I’m 100% functional sexually.

In the Success Stories Compilation exercise, weight lifting, cardio, low carbs and fasting are all common elements.

Weight lifting was suggested to me by my endocrinologist as it increases testosterone and androgen receptors.

Considering it seems pfs is an epigenetic disease and considering Dr. David Sinclair’s tips are all about repairing epigenetic damage and are in lines with the common elements of recovery stories, I’d say it would be quite a coincidence if it was no correlated.

Here’s Dr. Sinclair tips again (those not involving drugs or supplements):

Eating 1 time a day (intermittent fasting)
Water Fasting
Taking cold showers
Going into hot saunas
Doing “out of breath” cardio (gets you some Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
1 Like

Ok I’m going to have to sign up at the gym

7 months ago I read this story and took high dose (about 800 mg) oral methylprednisolone for 2 days, nothing happened except temporarily decreased eye inflammation.

Ozeph, did you have hourglass penis?

No I didn’t. My balls were hurting all the time but I went ketogenic / carnivore 1 month after the crash. The pain gradually went away and after 9 months I barely had any. Now, a year and a half later it’s all gone.

I mention it because testicular pain cannot be good. I figured it was my immune system attacking my balls because they didn’t fit my new hormonal profile or something and I think if I didn’t do the diet I may have had permanent damage but I will never know.

The author of this post go to the gym regularly, I´m going to do the same, It is absurd and stupid to cry because pfs and not work hard with weights. I want to add that the most important exercise of all are squats with deadweight, because the muscles of the legs generates testosterone and HGH for the whole body and your balls are close.

1 Like

Hitting the gym isn’t going to cure/fix PFS I was bodybuilding prior to my crash and I’ve completely atrophied all over and can’t even build muscle anymore. I don’t even have the same energy I once did prior to developing this syndrome.

1 Like

For many with PFS, not going to the gym is not about laziness or self pity and to suggest so is highly offensive to people here. I was a regular, consistent gym goer for years prior to PFS, rarely missing a session and maintaining a clean diet. That hasn’t been possible since crashing due to the loss of strength and high levels of fatigue I now experience.

5 Likes

I got a reply from the foundation:

"Thanks for passing on the methyl steroids link. We file all such reports, in case anyone asks about possible remedies. More important, sometimes we get multiple reports from different patients about new PFS symptoms, and in turn those symptoms show up in a clinical study. So by the same token, we then post those additional symptoms on our What Is PFS page:

@AaronF @Tzinkman
I too was too disabled to do exercise. I couldn’t stand up for long or climb more than a flight of stairs, slowly, before having to take a rest and climb the second flight of stairs. I was too uncoordinated to drive my motorbike and very insecure driving my car. Of course, I also had severe anxiety, brain fog, speech slur and problem solving not so complex problems. I could never have lifted weights in that state.

however, after going on a carnivore diet and completely getting rid of carbs (I was also eating small qty of spinach and kale) most of the neurological symptoms went away. After a few weeks, i started gaining strength. When I first started exercising, 3 months in the diet, I could do 10 squat, maybe 5 push ups and only 1 pull up and I had to kick myself in the ass hard to get the motivation to do it.

Now I can do more than 50 squats, 30 push ups and 15 pull ups. Not great numbers, but better than before.

In my opinion, diet has to come first. There’s no guarantee but I didn’t hear anyone who got his pfs worst from eating only meat. There is what is called keto flu in the first week, and it has turned away many who have tried.
It’s not an easy diet, but after a year and a half, I can say it’s sustainable.

2 Likes

Delete

If you want to create that, it’s a perfectly viable community project.

I thought we had something like a treatment survey/database in place already?

1 Like

If you are hit hard enough it doesn’t matter age or duration of length. I was 36 when I crashed completely and had used for 18 years off and on (mostly on). I noticed lower libido, PE, and weaker erctions a couple a few years earlier but didn’t know about PSSD and listened to doctors. I reintroduced Prozac for a few weeks after a terrible breakup and completely crashed. And people who “crash” don’t seem to recover it seems.
Regarding the term “crash” it is way overused and misused in the PSSD and PFS community. A crash is when almost every symptom happens AT ONCE. I had a moment laying in bed where I felt completely lobotimized and castrated at the same time. Body went numb, emotions left, libido completely went, visual imagination went, stopped sleeping completely, noticed dick shrinkage the next morning, etc. That’s a crash. And you only get one. I haven’t moved off of 0 since mine. Getting a lowered libido and some erection problems isn’t a crash.
So no I don’t see recovery happening for me. Duration of use and age when hit have nothing to do with it. If you get hit hard enough that is that.

1 Like

hey,
I guess my comment referred to those who had “crashed” coming off the drug and were ok on. It’s a pretty common thing that happened to you. People go off and on these drugs and then suddenly it hits when they restart the drug again. Like some type of accumulative unseen effect that isn’t noticeable until its too late. Some people immediately get this effect after one dose. Whatever the case I believe we’re all similar.
People use “crash” to also describe when they take something and all of their symptoms come back I’ve noticed. There’s no rules on how you’re allowed to use the term I guess, only what you meant by using it. I wasn’t by any means trying to categorise people, there are just trends and patterns with this sometimes which I find interesting. This is definitely a multi faceted problem. There’s still hope. Hang on please, for either natural recovery or a cure. Both are possibilities and way better than giving up.

1 Like