Methyl steroids as a treatment for sexual symptoms

@trav @ncsugrad

If you’re both near each other, you have the opportunity to consider seeking help together. I don’t think that there’s likely anything they could do for you, but if you present together, you at least might get taken more seriously.

4 Likes

I second this, strength in numbers.

1 Like

Can’t say I disagree, but at this point I don’t really know what any doctor can do. We just don’t know what the answer is to this disease, prescription or otherwise, or we would have done it already

I agree, I just thought I’d suggest it if you collectively did want to seek medical advice since it sounded like it was being considered.

2 Likes

Great! If you’re near Charlotte NC, shoot me an email - maybe we can get together.

moviepostercollectors@gmail.com

Me - Mel H. - Dec 2018

4 Likes

Interestingly Tribulus Terrestis have anti-inflammatory properties

Antiinflammatory activity

The ethanolic extract of TT inhibited the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. It also suppressed the expression of proinflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-4 in macrophage cell line. Thus, the ethanolic extract of TT inhibits the expression of mediators related to inflammation and expression of inflammatory cytokines, which has a beneficial effect on various inflammatory conditions.[45] The methanolic extract of TT showed a dose-dependent inhibition of rat paw volume in carrageenan-induced inflammation in rats.[46]

You see guys

Check this out guys.

Variable expression of 5-alpha reductase 2 in the aging adult prostate is regulated by DNA methylation

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/75/15_Supplement/1052.short

Background

5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2), an enzyme that is critical for prostatic development and growth, is utilized as an inhibitory target by finasteride for patients with bladder outlet obstrution secondary to BPH. However, we have found that many aging benign prostate tissues do not express the enzyme. Since the SRD5A2 promoter contains a CpG island, we hypothesized that somatic methylation of the promoter would be regulated by DNA methyltransferases leading to suppression of SRD5A2.

Result

We found that methylation of SRD5A2 was regulated by DNA methytransferase 1 (DNMT1) and the cytokines, TNF-alpha, NF-κB and IL-6, regulated DNMT1protein expression and thereby indirectly affected SRD5A2 promoter methylation and gene expression.

Induction of inflammation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulated the TNFR1/NF-κB/IL-6/DNMT1 pathway, leading to hypermethylation of the SRD5A2 promoter and silencing of SRD5A2, while treatment with both LPS and TNF-alpha inhibitor reversed this pathway and reactivated SRD5A2.

Now form Anonymous1968 this is his post and he is 100% recocered, except form sleep problems,
but sexual sides are 100% back and mental also.

He was given a high doses of Methylprednisolone this is a very powerful anti-inflammatory.
this is his post

1 Like

what are the risks of methyl prednisolone ? I would consider trying it in near future if other thing will not help.

I think there is some hope for methyl prednisolone and maybe other corticosteroids .

If the anti-inflammatory benefits were responsible for the remission, then aspirin would do the job as well, which it doesn’t.

RedStaR
I exhort you to do an investigation first before assume any comment. you can be tearing down a possible cure without knowing.

To begin with aspirin is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory, the mechanism of action is totally different, for example aspirin do not at on dnmt1 directly, in other words do not act in the same pathway as Methylprednisolone. also the dose of Methylprednisolone seem that the dosage play an very important role, in this case 1000mg is arelly high dose.
Note: There are some risk implication
The supranational can be affected if and also diabetes risk if:
“The medication is used for too long.and if Methylprednisolone the is withdraw a cold turkey.”
of course all this risk can be avoided if the medication is given under a professional supervision

1 Like

Then let’s make a distinction between anti-inflammation and GCR agonism.

If you read the whole article:
http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/75/15_Supplement/1052.short
it is more than clear why Anonymous is recovered.
Result that Methylprednisolone act in the same pathway ( TNFR1/NF-κB/IL-6/DNMT1 ) that silenced SRD5A2 with lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
Treatment with both LPS and TNF-alpha inhibitor reversed this pathway and reactivated SRD5A2.

Note: Dihydrotestosterone Stimulates Cerebrovascular Inflammation through NFκB, Modulating Contractile Function

Imagine a brain working without DHT for a period of time, right ? inflamation really low because not DHT, what do you think that going to happen when you withdraw Finasteride ?
Well I will tell you: for sure an immune response are going to be in place, it explain brain fog, sleepiness and other issues without counting the side effect of having SRD5A2 silenced and possible others genes due that DNMT1 and global methylation.

What ever is Methylprednisolone seem reverse the effect caused by Finasteride and is proved by accident with Anonymous.

The only problem here is to find a doctor willing to prescribe and apply the medication to any of us.
I asked to my doctor to apply it and she didn’t want to cooperate, I will continue looking for any other doctor willing to help with it.

1 Like

It’s almost impossible to find a doctor who will inject that. I mean its not a smart move to tell them you have PAS/PFS . 99% of the doctors dont have enough competence or qualification to be aware of these syndromes. The only thing i can think of to buy pills instead of liquid form.

Pills will not work of you don’t use the right dosage + can put you in real danger, if you try to equal the dosage with pill you are going to need to digest large amounts can be be dangerous.
If not possible to be delivery trough vein, I will not do it.

What do methyl steroids and trib have to do with each other? Are you saying we should try trib or methyl steroids? My issues are mainly visual and I’m starting to believe it’s inflammation of the optic nerve. Had my eyes checked and my nerve/neurons in my eye are much less dense then they should be. Is there a risk to methyl steroids? I’m considering mayo as well.

This may be a stupid question, but a simple google search did not yield much. Is there any testing to determine brain inflammation?

Methylprednisolone is a DNA Methyltransferases Inhibitors

Now look what this article said : The use of specific inhibitors of DNMT might reactivate those genes and stop or even reverse the aberrant cell processes.

It mean that DNMT inhibitor can reactivate silence genes.

@axolotl, @awor, what do you think about this? Methyl steroids seem to be used from some neurological disorders like MS - you think this holds weight?

Please try to stay on topic.

This discussion of methylprednisone and autoimmunity has been moved from a topic focused on tribulus as a treatment method.

I recommend you to look and read my recent posts in this topic.