Crashed Vitamin d3

What’s the interaction between vitamin D and calcium?

1 Like

According to Wikipedia " An excess of vitamin D causes abnormally high blood concentrations of calcium which can cause overcalcification of the bones, soft tissues, heart, kidneys…
Hypervitaminosis D symptoms appear several months after excessive doses of vitamin D are administered. In almost every case, a low-calcium diet combined with corticosteroid drugs will allow for a full recovery within a month. It is possible that some of the symptoms of vitamin D toxicity are actually due to vitamin K depletion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_D

1 Like

Sorry, I could have googled it myself, thanks for sharing.

Has your state improved?
I’m pssd guy who crashed once after 5.000 vitamind and several times after sun bath. Though i recovered everytime after 2-4 weeks to baseline.
Back then low calcium diet was helping.
I wonder what can cause such vitamin d sensitivity?

1 Like

I have taken 20,000 a day for weeks on end. I have low D in bloods. I am also a comparatively mild case of PFS. I have been prescribed a short dose of 50,000iu years ago by a doc to improve my Vit D levels in the middle of winter (pre PFS). I will now rethink how much I take. I kind of dont think D3 is your issue. So many people on here take it… but there are so many variations of symptoms and issues that anything is possible. Also, I believe @Konflict ran into trouble with a vitamin B that was methylated or something like that. @axolotl would know his story better.

1 Like

I started having terrible insomnia and worsening of PFS symptoms after taking methylcobalamin and SAMe. Started searching through all of the PFS/PAS/PSSD forums looking for a similar experience and found that @douglasmich and @Konflict both posted on solvePFS that something similar happened around the same time they took methylcobalamin (methylated B-12).

@adrian, There was a PAS patient I was in contact with years ago that said he had a severe worsening of sexual symptoms and after taking huge doses of D3. He also said the D3 triggered development of gynecomastia. I can’t remember the amount he took, but he was genuinely terrified by what it did to him.

2 Likes

Hi friend, no improved I only worsed…

SAMe will really boost your dopamine a lot which causes the insomnia. I like it because of the energy boost but yea it does keep me up. Messes up my gut sometimes if I eat too soon after. I usually take it mondays if I go out on the weekend. Great for mood

It seems to be still boosting my dopamine 8 months after I quit taking it then. In all honesty, I think the methyl-B12 had as much to do with it as the SAMe. B-12 has been shown to have a strong effect on sleep cycle timing for certain individuals and there was a doctor on reasearchgate discussing several people who experienced insomnia as an adverse reaction to the two taken together.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_too_much_vitamin_B12_cause_insomnia

That’s why I think it’s so important to consider stories like those of people with an adverse reaction to excessive D3. Messing around with megadoses of these vitamins can apparently make the life of someone with our condition much worse. In fact, it probably isn’t a good idea for those among the general population to megadose vitamins either.

1 Like

Guys i took 5000 ui of vit D3 for a month, first it was amazing, it helped me so much. But few days ago i woke up with pain in my nipples i stopped taking everything and pain went away in 5 days. Yesterday i took 5000 ui of d3 again and today i have pain in nipples. Is it possible that d3 is cousing that? Also i feel my libido is 0 again, and i’m suicidal again. Gosh i was making insane progress

I take 10,000 iu Vitamin D3 everyday, still my e2 keeps rising every month. This is something strange.

Few days ago i started taking 1000UI, after three days i got insane pain in nipples again. Also i had pain in nipples from cod liver oil. No idea wtf is happening with my body.

Same here

I never saw this thread before but I totally agree with everything @Demon said. Vitamin D cure-to-all MADNESS NEED TO STOP! I was sold years ago on its ability to raise testosterone, I guzzled 4000IU-6000IU everyday for a long time. I ended up with pretty much every low E2 symptom in the book and major depression/suicide ideation being the worst of them all. I endured numerous injuries to my joints and tendons and Estrogen always came up extremely low and Vitamin D high.

Vitamin D (along with other fat soluble vitamins) in high doses kill Estrogen. Period! I quit everything containing vitamin D and my serum level remained high for a long time. I only got better when I literally dropped EVERYTHING and turned completely natural for months. Don’t be gullible like me.

Hey @doomed80 i have upper levels of estrogens, and bottom low vit D. Im supplementing 1000UI / day since more than a months, dont discover bad sides and it managed to raise my vit D level a bit already.

According this, do u think its safe for me to continue it?

I guess u should take Vit D for some months and then quit, if u have low Vit D. I am going to quit this bullshit. It’s just a waste of money. Maybe a Sunlight worth 1 hr per day is sufficient.

1 Like

I really hate to be that person who give random medical advice especially on Vitamin D. That being said, if your bloodwork is indeed showing “extremely” low vitamin D then supplementing in a reasonable amount may be ok. If you’re not getting enough sun light then start doing that before supplementation. RDA is set at 600IU for men for maintenance purpose. So 1000IU/d should be ok until your level is normalized. Aim for no higher than 30 ng/ml. Vitamin D should be taken with a fatty meal to enhance absorption. Again, check your level after sometime and make sure you don’t go overboard. There’re numerous interactions among vitamins and minerals and taking them in isolation rarely leads to a balanced state.

High esrogen isn’t a problem in most cases if your testosterone is in good range too. Remember, it’s a matter of ratios and not single values.

Thanks for the great advise @doomed80 I had 56 nmol/l (under 55 nmol/l is considered critically low) with daily 1000 UI/ day for more than a month it came up higher to 66,8 nmol/l. I always avoided sunlight because it damages (ages) the skin so I only going for the supplement to rise the vit D.

Well my free T levels are at the low limit and estrogens higher end, which prevents me of gaining muscle mass unfortunately :frowning:

My pleasure @andras33 . So you’re officially turning into a vampire :vampire:t2:‍♂ that may explain your extremely low vitamin D. It’s mostly sunny where I live so it’s unavoidable. I used to think that high estrogen is only driven by high aromatase enzyme activity. I discovered other potential causes for for high estrogen after doing tons of research for years. See gut microbiome also controls estrogen level. Apparently, the liver deactivates % of the circulating estrogen and dispose it through urine and bile. There’s a specific group of bacteria so called “Estrolbolome” that are able to deconjugate the deactivated estrogen. Having too much of this bacteria causes too much estrogen whereas too little leads to low estrogen (as in my case). So gut dysbiosis is a problem that also needs attention.

Read more here:

2 Likes