Crashed Vitamin d3

It seems to be still boosting my dopamine 8 months after I quit taking it then. In all honesty, I think the methyl-B12 had as much to do with it as the SAMe. B-12 has been shown to have a strong effect on sleep cycle timing for certain individuals and there was a doctor on reasearchgate discussing several people who experienced insomnia as an adverse reaction to the two taken together.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_too_much_vitamin_B12_cause_insomnia

That’s why I think it’s so important to consider stories like those of people with an adverse reaction to excessive D3. Messing around with megadoses of these vitamins can apparently make the life of someone with our condition much worse. In fact, it probably isn’t a good idea for those among the general population to megadose vitamins either.

1 Like

Guys i took 5000 ui of vit D3 for a month, first it was amazing, it helped me so much. But few days ago i woke up with pain in my nipples i stopped taking everything and pain went away in 5 days. Yesterday i took 5000 ui of d3 again and today i have pain in nipples. Is it possible that d3 is cousing that? Also i feel my libido is 0 again, and i’m suicidal again. Gosh i was making insane progress

I take 10,000 iu Vitamin D3 everyday, still my e2 keeps rising every month. This is something strange.

Few days ago i started taking 1000UI, after three days i got insane pain in nipples again. Also i had pain in nipples from cod liver oil. No idea wtf is happening with my body.

Same here

I never saw this thread before but I totally agree with everything @Demon said. Vitamin D cure-to-all MADNESS NEED TO STOP! I was sold years ago on its ability to raise testosterone, I guzzled 4000IU-6000IU everyday for a long time. I ended up with pretty much every low E2 symptom in the book and major depression/suicide ideation being the worst of them all. I endured numerous injuries to my joints and tendons and Estrogen always came up extremely low and Vitamin D high.

Vitamin D (along with other fat soluble vitamins) in high doses kill Estrogen. Period! I quit everything containing vitamin D and my serum level remained high for a long time. I only got better when I literally dropped EVERYTHING and turned completely natural for months. Don’t be gullible like me.

Hey @doomed80 i have upper levels of estrogens, and bottom low vit D. Im supplementing 1000UI / day since more than a months, dont discover bad sides and it managed to raise my vit D level a bit already.

According this, do u think its safe for me to continue it?

I guess u should take Vit D for some months and then quit, if u have low Vit D. I am going to quit this bullshit. It’s just a waste of money. Maybe a Sunlight worth 1 hr per day is sufficient.

1 Like

I really hate to be that person who give random medical advice especially on Vitamin D. That being said, if your bloodwork is indeed showing “extremely” low vitamin D then supplementing in a reasonable amount may be ok. If you’re not getting enough sun light then start doing that before supplementation. RDA is set at 600IU for men for maintenance purpose. So 1000IU/d should be ok until your level is normalized. Aim for no higher than 30 ng/ml. Vitamin D should be taken with a fatty meal to enhance absorption. Again, check your level after sometime and make sure you don’t go overboard. There’re numerous interactions among vitamins and minerals and taking them in isolation rarely leads to a balanced state.

High esrogen isn’t a problem in most cases if your testosterone is in good range too. Remember, it’s a matter of ratios and not single values.

Thanks for the great advise @doomed80 I had 56 nmol/l (under 55 nmol/l is considered critically low) with daily 1000 UI/ day for more than a month it came up higher to 66,8 nmol/l. I always avoided sunlight because it damages (ages) the skin so I only going for the supplement to rise the vit D.

Well my free T levels are at the low limit and estrogens higher end, which prevents me of gaining muscle mass unfortunately :frowning:

My pleasure @andras33 . So you’re officially turning into a vampire :vampire:t2:‍♂ that may explain your extremely low vitamin D. It’s mostly sunny where I live so it’s unavoidable. I used to think that high estrogen is only driven by high aromatase enzyme activity. I discovered other potential causes for for high estrogen after doing tons of research for years. See gut microbiome also controls estrogen level. Apparently, the liver deactivates % of the circulating estrogen and dispose it through urine and bile. There’s a specific group of bacteria so called “Estrolbolome” that are able to deconjugate the deactivated estrogen. Having too much of this bacteria causes too much estrogen whereas too little leads to low estrogen (as in my case). So gut dysbiosis is a problem that also needs attention.

Read more here:

2 Likes

Thats really interesting indeed, thx! Yeah im sure aromatise is not only the cause of high estrogens. I thpught that maybe after 5ARi my testosterone is forced to convert in more estrogens because it can convert much towards DHT direction, but who knows. Im tryin with eating cruciferous veggies to lower it.thx again!

Did you have your e2 tested to ascertain that it was caused by the vitamin D?

Hope this helps @Mercked :

E2 Historical Data:
• 20th December, 2014 E2 112 pmol/L✅
• 30th July, 2017 at 1:30pm: E2 52 pmol/L :arrow_down::arrow_down:
• 11th August, 2018 at 8:00am: E2 64 pmol/L :arrow_down:
• 26th August, 2018 at 11:00am: E2 45.44 pmol/L :arrow_down::arrow_down:
• 17th November, 2018 at 10:00am: E2 40.81 pmol/L :arrow_down::arrow_down:
• January 2019 at 9:00am: E2 around 19 pg/mL (borderline low normal)
• 16th February at 11:30am: E2 73.69 pmol/L or 20 pg/mL (borderline low normal)
• 6th April 2019 @11:00PM: E2 72.29 pmol/L or 19.9pg/mL (borderline low normal).
• 5th May 2019 @ 9:00AM: E2: 57.72 pmol/L (15.723 pg/mL) :arrow_down::arrow_down:
• 29th June 2019 @ 10:30AM E2: 62.07 pmol/L or 17 pg/mL :arrow_down:
• 17th August 2019 @11:35am E2: 80.78 pmol/L or 22 pg/mL (Clomid 12.5mg EOD):white_check_mark:
• 25th January 2020 @ 11:50am E2: 41.18 pmol/L (11.21 pg/mL) :arrow_down::arrow_down:
• 22nd February 2020 @ 10:20am E2: 103 pmol/L (28 – 156) or 28 pg/ml (DHEA 20mg ED) :white_check_mark:
• 4th June 2020 @ 10:40am E2: 153.1 pmol/L or 41.67 pg/ml (Mutaflor 1-2 capsules ED) :arrow_up::arrow_up:

As you can see I had my E2 measured umpteen times throughout the years. Though I can’t 100% say it’s ONLY vitamin D that lowered it too much. I was on a bunch of other stuff as well. It was likely a contributing factor and my Vitamin D always came back high. I was on 4000IU-6000IU/d when E2 hit its lowest point. Like I said, dropping everything (including Vitamin D) and taking certain probiotics (i.e mutaflor) had helped my E2 to rise back (see last E2 test value on 4.6.20). There were times when I was on either 12.5mg EOD Clomid or 20mg/d DHEA and in both times E2 had increased.

Bear in mind these are regular E2 assay (not sensitive test) so results may be overestimated.

3 Likes

Wow. Well it so happens that I’ve been taking 4000 IU daily for quite some time and lately upped it to 5000 IU as a pre-measure for COVID. Maybe it could have something to do with my debilitating joint pain. I almost never get any sun light though as my circadian rhythm is severely shifted. I feel like I have little choice atm. I am getting a medical check-up tomorrow, maybe I should try to ask for a hormone panel.

You definitely should do that @Mercked . My joints have been dry/cracking/grinding for years with pain. I’ve endured many injuries to my tendons and joints (L. Shoulder tendinitis, R & L tennis elbows, L. Knee tendinitis, L. Ankle injury, R. Arm tendinitis, lower back pain, neck pain). My E2 was low all along but I foolishly assumed it was due to working out. There were times where I couldn’t turn my head or get in the car without shooting pain in my neck. Sometimes even bending down to tie my shoes would trigger excruciating pain in my lower back. This is on top of other debilitating symptoms (depression; anxiety; lethargy; zero libido; frequent urination; night sweats; headaches etc etc etc).

Very low estrogen is no joke.

Sunlight is very important for human beings. Vit D is not the only thing we get from it, our body absorbs a variety of biophotons from it which are necessary for our cells to function. In short, avoiding sunlight if u have high vitamin D and low E2 is fine, otherwise i don’t think avoiding sun is a good idea. And that skin damage thing from Sunlight is probably a scam by beauty charlatans.

1 Like

Thanks @anon74895881 for the advise. Yea i need to supplement vit D cause my levels were below range, with 1000ui / day since more than a month i already managed to get it higher a little bit.

I believe sunshine brings healthy stuff with it, but the sunlight on skin causes constant damage, i’m afraid thats not a beauty industry theory, its proven by tonns of scientist’s evidence

Hi, just for your information:

I was prescribed 100k u.i. vitamin D /week for 2 months by endocrinologist last December (2019). Because of Demon’s report - I was afraid of this dosage. I started by 2k u.i. per day and noticed huge improvments (no pelvic floor pain, no joint pain, libido raised). I passed to 20k u.i. per day from March to July. I feel quite normal: no pain, normal sleep, anhedonia vanished (maybe not totally yet), sex is normal. Remaining issues: weak visual arousal and quite low libido, low alcohol response, some fat/water retention, nipple pufiness.
I rarely supplement vit d anymore despite very rainy weather especially during last month.
Not sure if it’s correlated: I get more drunk since I stopped daily vit d. I only noticed to be completely insensitive to alcohol during vit d supplementation time.

Do I advise vit d ? No. I have no idea how you could react. But if your blood results are low - it would make sense to supplement.

P.S.: I got pfs in June 2018.

Thanks for your experience sharing. Great that you are in a better place now. I think I’m doing no harm since I dont react (yet) bad on vit D and it improved my vit D level already a bit. I keep the dosage low 1000Ui / day until i get a normal middle level

1 Like