Crashed Vitamin d3

We all respond very differently to many things. I’m currently experiencing a “crash” after trying broccoli sprout extract while others are using it without a problem. If you’re not vitamin d deficient I would advise seeing what the Baylor study finds before trying any more supplementation.

1 Like

Me for example, I can literally eat or do whatever and for the most part my symtoms stay the same. I’ll start a new suppliment or food only later to find it’s a 5ari. I supplimented turmeric for a while and didn’t make me feel better or worse

1 Like

for me the same. but we are in general very similar in symptoms :sweat_smile:

1 Like

dude like 80% of the population on earth is low on Vitamin D3

2 Likes

vitamin D3 does absolutely nothing to estrogen levels. i take it religiously, then on and off. nothing in the literature also suggests its an aromtase inhibitor.

but once again, it can increase testosterone levels. that is probably what happened in your case. and i’ll say it once again, increasing circulating testosterone levels will cause further deterioration in PFS through an unknown mechanism at this time

1 Like

There was a post-Accutane patient from long ago, “Tree1”, saying he crashed hard from taking megadoses of vitamin D. It was hard to believe because I was new to PFS/PAS at the time, but he said this triggered muscle-loss, fatigue, penile fibrosis, and the worst depression he had experienced in his life. He was once very active on the forums but everyone lost contact with him soon after.

I think D3 is another case of something that shouldn’t be taken lightly at high doses, …no pun intended.

1 Like

My joints are worse. It is also possible also the increase of testosterone worsened me.

Obviously I do not take anything anymore, whatever I take I get worse.

I take it daily with cod liver oil, going to parachute it for a while to see if some of my symptoms abate! I cracked one off last night after a period of abstenance and I’ve got elevated mental sides and testicular ache today. Great eh lol

1 Like

I also testicular pain!

It’s a pain - pardon the pun! For me it subsides after a few days. It was consistent when taking the propecia and led to the removal of one of the pair. Got a prosthetic now. Keeps me balanced lol

1 Like

it does not say it is an aromatase inhibitor but vitamin d supplementation is associated with lower estrogen levels. and that is in women. this may be through another endocrine negative/positive feedback loop, but it does not directly outright block estrogen production.

in addition, i have blood work showing that vitamin D does not affect my estrogen levels.

1 Like

Thank you, it seems like I’m recovering from the crash.

1 Like

A PFS patient gents and I are in contact with worsened late last year with an increase in mental symptoms and severe testicular pain after a large dose of vitamin d3 which took a fair while to resolve. He went into hospital in the meantime I believe. He feels better with anti androgenic supplements including the mentioned broccoli extract, incidentally. The same as ever.

Vitamin d exacerbated my symptoms at half that dose. For me the worsening passed in not too long.

3 Likes

Ciao Axolotl! In your opinion there is a supplement that can give us a little benefit? l-Carnitine? Vitamin C? Aminoacid? I refuse to believe that any supplement can make us worse, fuck! :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I know it’s crazy, virtually everything I have tried gives me initial improvements then I suffer a crash, from then on in I become sensitive to it. Got my best uplift from Turmeric. It lasted for 2 weeks the longest run I’ve had. I actually thought I was on my way to getting better. Then boom it fell apart. Had a curry Wednesday evening and had an increase in sides on Thursday. Poor show!

1 Like

Yes my friend is crazy

1 Like

Might be because vitamin D displaced vitamin A.

1 Like

one of supplements i was taking at moment where i started having crashes again was vitamin d3 so its possible it can affect negativily some of us

1 Like

My situation was very serious but still stable but unfortunately I made a mistake, to try Vitamin d3 (Dibase Cholecalciferol 50.000Ui) a single dose and I got seriously worse. Since I had a total loss of muscle-bones, I decided to try the vitamin in question. Within half an hour of taking it I had a worsening of all neurological, physical and sexual symptoms. After 4 days I wake up one morning with new symptoms I list:

Total anesthesia to the body
Tingling of the limbs
Very dry skin
Pale, dehydrated skin
Very dry hair
Penis disappeared
Darker penis skin
Light / soft bones
Hypermobility of the joints (Look Video)
Light bones that shock
Total loss of muscle mass
Increased depression
Extreme tiredness
Strong stomach weight
Constipation
Swollen belly
Yellow stools

I feel like I’m dying, like I’ve lost the electrolytes and my stomach has “broken off”. I know it sounds absurd but that damned Vitamin D3 must have given me an Estrogenic version of PFS, I can feel it, I have something at the ER receptor. Otherwise my new symptoms are not explained. Cholecalciferol is transformed into Calcitriol the active form of Vitamin D3 and this appears to be an Aromatase inhibitor and a subregulator of the ER receptor.

See this study http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/clincanres/6/8/3371.full.pdf

The same thing happened with a Saw Palmetto PFS guy using Aromatis:
The symptoms he describes are practically the same and he even committed suicide.

The same happened to another boy Konflict with Vitamin E.

So I am not surprised if the same thing happened to me with Vitamin D3.
And the problems of connective tissue-collagen is due only to estrogen.

I don’t think it’s an increase in free Testosterone to cause me this.

Since the E2 exams are fine, I think about the ER receptor.
I really don’t know what to do, I thought to try Eutirox.

A dose that dose of Vitamin D3 was fatal.

I believe they are in the same direction as douglasmich.

2 Likes

Stay away from damn vitamin d.