Any member here recovered after having long-term side-effects?

Is there anyone here who has been a member of this forum for a long time (like at least over a year) with previous postS of talking about how their life has changed, talks about symptoms and involved in several other chats looking for solutions. That has now been / is currently 100% cured?

Not looking for anyone that just came on here and within their first couple months on the forum and “find a cure”

Looking for someone with good credible history (doesn’t have to be yourself but if you can point out / know of another member that would be great) Thank You

3 Likes

Dam not one credible soul? Sad

I directly know of at least one person who got better. Not because of any “therapies” he did, just naturally. He wasn’t a super bad case though. I am sure there are others.

3 Likes

The problem is that every time I see someone who says they are cured. I go and take a look at their past interactions in the forum and there aren’t any

1 Like

The guys doing better and talk about it usually get shut down by the moderators for pushing “psuedo science”

1 Like

That’s complete nonsense, and I do not appreciate your comment. Moderators enforce the policy of this site, which includes not allowing people to present their own opinions of what is going on as fact. Also, when members are presenting demonstrably dangerous substances as “cures”, the mods step in. We have had members die because of such bad advice. Hence, our moderators are trying to protect the community from misguided gurus.

9 Likes

Oh really? I got warned for talking about hair tests and minerals… is that considered dangerous? I’m about 65 percent cured… but not allowed to talk about it… this site is more about a shoulder to cry on… which is fine… it is what it is

1 Like

Why don’t they moderate the people who have been “cured” and only around for a couple months then? There isn’t anyone who was around for over 3 years as a member and now 100% recovered? Just point me to one person at least

Doesn’t apply for finasteride but pssd lab had many recovery stories and I also read from people here (mostly) recovering from pfs

To be fair, hair tests ARE pseudoscience. That is to say they aren’t recognised by any health authority in any country and the only people who think they’re helpful are people who are making money from them.

If you act upon the advice given as a result of pseudoscientific tests, is that safe?

Here’s a scenario: we’ve seen people have negative results with Zinc, a mineral. If a hair analysis says you need to take lots of zinc (a 5ar inhibitor, like the drugs that bring us here) then you are risking your health.

I’d say it’s a good call to not allow pseudoscience here.

4 Likes

I’ve seen people in the PFS, PSSD, and PAS communities claim to be cured after more than a year, but there’s always others who try to reproduce their treatment and it invariably fails.

The most credible recovery I’ve read, IMO, was some PAS patient who appeared on acne.org and claimed to have naturally recovered at around the 10-year mark. No stupid theory, no idea of why this miracle happened to him, just that it happened.

Why can’t they just share their recovery and whatever treatment they were doing without a hare-brained theory to back it up? Yeah, they often get shut down for pushing pseudo-science. Is it that difficult to simply say you’re feeling better?

3 Likes

i took a hair test for that mineral supplement stuff

wish i saved that money

2 Likes

What’s wrong with people sharing their theory? They don’t force anyone to try their regimen to get better.

I remember that one thread that got closed because he dared sharing his opinion about this community.

Sometimes the most productive members get banned for ridiculous reasons.

Why do moderators remove “pseudo science”,
But not people who say they found a cure using meth? This is since Jan 8th

Insane Sexual Success with Crystal Methamphetamine (110% Libido!)

2 Likes

Surprised that no one’s mentioned the recovery stories compilation thread

There are also some members that stopped being active but if we check their post histories then we find that their symptoms were improving with time so they may have recovered. One guy who comes to mind is @tim1911, who hasn’t posted since 2018. He’s had to take less ED pills as time’s gone on, although he seems to have made no progress with brain fog. Probably not safe to assume 100% recovery but it still seems like a win to me.

2 Likes

Thank you friend

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#theories

If pseudo science is presented as matter-of-fact, it gets removed.

• “I feel cured and I think it was because I spent an hour a day doing handstands for the last month.”
    -stays

• “Doing handstands is a cure because there is an intricate balance between the sense of balance and the brain’s control over hormone levels and handstands shock your hypothalamus to returning to homeostasis.” -removed

• “If you want to be cured you should do handstands because there is an intricate balance between the sense of balance and the brain’s control over hormone levels. Here’s a link to Dr. Vertigo’s blog where he explains how handstands shock your hypothalamus to returning to homeostasis.”
    -removed and probably a warning or temp ban

• “Hi, I’m Dr. Vertigo, and I’m fully cured after 4 months. If you want to be cured too, come to my blog where I explain how handstands shock your hypothalamus into returning to homeostasis by exploiting the balance between balance and the brain’s control over hormone levels. If people say this doesn’t work, it’s because they’re losers who can’t do an hour-long handstand a day. This place is a censoring dictatorship, so hurry and copy this genius protocol before it gets deleted.”
    -removed and probably a temp-ban or perma-ban

Not rocket surgery to read the damned community guidelines and follow them.

If we systematically remove recovery stories, like some claim, where did all of these from the past year come from?

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=recovered%20after%3A2019-01-01

8 Likes

I am

8 Likes

theres loads of ppl who have recovered. I have spent hours researching the forum and if you do you will find loads of recovery stories. the compilation thread a good place to start

unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a silver bullet cure and time is the only common denominator

personally im 4 years in, and although still not 100pc , and do have have bad periods still…im significantly better than when all this started

3 Likes

I wish this site had a cured section.
That asks what exactly you did to cure yourself.
Then organizes it by supplement / diet / other.
Then we would know how many people were cured by what brand, doses and time

Or

A section that lets you vote on the things that you have tried.
(Click here if you have tried tribulus) ( did it cure you? Yes or no?) (did it help in any way? Yes or no?)

That way we could see the success rate / fail rate of those things