Where are all the Post Accutane Syndrome (PAS) / Isotretinoin sufferers?

Thanks. So it seems that the isotretinoin market is in the same ballpark as finasteride, assuming that finasteride generics have about the same sales as the original. In other words, PAS and PFS should roughly be on par. Therefore, it is not the market size but rather other reasons as to why we are not seeing as many PAS sufferers.

2 Likes

Hello, we are a french group of victims of isotretinoin : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1736745353300361/ , we want a class action in france ( called “action group santĂ©â€), APESAC association win since few month in France for first time against dĂ©pakine in french class action. We are in contact with an association of medical accidents . You can see here an abstract of scientific study about this problematic : https://www.cjoint.com/doc/19_07/IGwb5HsA4LF_StateOfTheKnowledgeAboutIsotretinoinAbstract.pdf, and follow 280 pages of studies, with summary with hypertext links page 4 : https://www.cjoint.com/doc/18_08/HHDvuUoSvXb_-ScientificStudiesOnIsotretinoinCompleted.pdf ,

thank you.

5 Likes

Hi,

Could you reach out to the members of your facebook group and ask them to fill out the survey here? It would be of great help to both our communities.

4 Likes

Hello Stéphane and welcome
 I was impacted by Finasteride but the lawyer you must be hiring for your case must be the same as the one people use for the Finasteride trial

Bon courage !

1 Like

French people are shy :).

Haha hasn’t been my experience

1 Like

More French people suck at languages I guess :).
Read your story @borax and I hope you are dealing as best as you can with this shit.
Wishing you the best mate.

Last time I was in Paris if I couldn’t make my (terrible) french work, the person I was talking to would always start speaking English.

Do you think a French language translation would make a big different to how many people would take the survey?

Our French folder is barely used, which leads me to wonder if getting the survey in front of people is still our biggest concern, not the language spoken.

2 Likes

It is wonderful to know you have a recourse. Lots of luck! It will have positive repurcussions throughout the world.

1 Like

As I already mentioned, French pfs sufferers tend to stick to a small Facebook group which is little busy.
People often lurk, occasional posting and this is it

As far as I know there would be 300 memebers on this site.
I know some of them sometimes visit ph but don’t know why people just can’t be bothered to be part of it

I can encourage them to come and participate but unfortunately can’t force them to anything.
As far as I understand, language should not be an issue since there is a translate feature on the forum

The French forum is not very busy and I exchange with people on WhatsApp or messages.
Activism in France is cutting edge as The avfin association has helped to raise awareness on the devastating sides of finasteride

Last spring just before I crashed, there was a big awareness campaign on tv, press, radio.
I can bridge the gap between what is going on in France and this forum as I am fluent in both languages.

9 Likes

Hello Stephane,

would your group be interested in a potential multi-million dollar funding to tackle this problem with professional researchers and cutting edge technology?

our message board has a few options and solutions we are working on, and we need more participants in order to get the funding to create a solution for isotretinoin, SSRIS, and propecia victims.

1 Like

Hi @stephane1,
Nous avons dĂ©sespĂ©rĂ©ment besoin de plus de participants au sondage pour notre Ă©tude. Nous sommes en train de rĂ©aliser une Ă©tude montrant le chevauchement des symptĂŽmes entre le Propecia, les antidĂ©presseurs et l’isotrĂ©tinoĂŻne. (Les effets secondaires de perte de libido sont si similaires chez tous les patients.). S’il vous plaĂźt, pourriez-vous envoyer notre enquĂȘte Ă  vos membres? Nous vous en serions extrĂȘmement reconnaissants.
Je vous remercie.

2 Likes

Hi, it’s done on https://www.forumpsy.net/ wich is a very serious site against allopathie and psychiatrie
 I will share your survey on the facebook group, with pleasure :wink: And sorry for my English, and yes i am very shy, but i was mostly disconected and overdosed of internet last days :wink:

4 Likes

Yes Greek , i think that a French ( and other more represented) language translation of Post-Drug Syndrome Survey FAQ. Survey NOW LIVE - Please Participate would make a big difference to how many people would take the survey, because french people are very bad in english, and also pretentious, and all the “clichĂ©s” :wink: , without joke, the fact that your site is multilanguage is very cool. On facebook ( i dont use facebook but i have to with accutane), the auto translation is a big advantage. I am building a site about isotretinoin, and it is a big big work to translate all
but i should show that in english also.

frenchfries I don’t know where is the translate feature on the forum
?? but google translate works very well since one or two years :wink:

edit : Ok it s the globe icĂŽne for translate

2 Likes

@ frenchfries , yes i am in touch with Sylviane of avfin, his group is similar with the roaccutane french group, we are less than 300. We want to do an alliance.
Concerning asso AVRG, they don t help us, not at all.
And i am so tired, and we are so desorganised, so we cannot create a new asso for the moment, but we 'll have to. I try to connect all similar groups, it s a big work on facebook, it’s discouraging, i create a site web also. I am not admin of the french group facebook about roaccutane.

1 Like

@ lakehouse , i will share your survey on the roaccutane group. But people are very attentist.

2 Likes

azerty

Yeah we should join forces
 The AVFIN is making a heck of a job and Sylviane is an amazing woman who dedicates more than she has to her cause. Have you tried to get in touch with David Healy? He is very well aware of the SSRI side effects. There is PFS French group and some people who suffered from SSRI. Have you joined it? Our symptoms are very similar and if we want recognition we need to see bigger than the molecules :).

2 Likes

Not for the moment, but i am 100% agree with the fact to connect internationaly.
Question, how can you have multi-million dollar funding ?

the fact that it is not a depression, but an organic syndrome change all the things.