Warning about Mifepristone (RU486, "Ella", etc.)

I have been made aware that some guys are experimenting with therapies based on Mifepristone (RU486, “Ella”, etc.). Just one word of warning: Mifepristone is a potent anti-androgen (1). Long time users of this board may recall that many therapies which made people (initially) feel better were based on substances with anti-androgenic properties (including therapies based on Finasteride, Dutasteride, Zinc, etc.). I myself had a go with milk thistle (AR antagonist), and regret it to this day.

Even if Mifepristone may improve symptoms for a short period, the risk of exasperating the underlying PFS problem is huge. The result of which would then be a much more serious form of PFS than before the treatment. Even if the current situation is not good, please remember that misguided therapy attempts can always make the situation persistently worse (like in my case). When trying out therapies, I suggest to avoid anything that directly or indirectly interacts with the Androgen Receptor (only exception: TRT, preferably low dosed and IM).

(1) academic.oup.com/mend/article-l … .2003-0189

1 Like

Thanks for your valuable piece of advice Awor. So you recommend TRT but not DHT replacement? What about Clomid and Tamoxifen? Incidentally, what does it mean IM?
Thank you very much again for your help.
David

1 Like