Mifepristone worked

Its a good plan, though I dont think your doctor will prescribe it. Its not readily accepted in general practise, not because of the Treatment, its because they probly havent read one studiy on it.

LH signal to the balls to start producing T.

Generally speaking though, you’d want it to be low/mid range with mid/high T levels.

High LH with low T is a sign of primary hypogondism, that’s means T producing leydig cells in your testicles ain’t able to produce enough T to your brains liking.

Then there is secondary hypogondism, that is when your T is low but your brain still isn’t sending out any LH. Many people with PFS has this problem.

Also some progesterone will be made in the testicles when LH is secreted.

I see you mentioned blood tests, did your T change at all with the big jump in LH?

Ok I see,

Well i kept one study I have the link below could explain what your refering to bro. Note RU 486 in the study is another name for Mifepristone

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/j.1939-4640.2004.tb03170.x

Yes my free testosterone jump from low 200s to now about 470.

Mifepristone affects the leydig cells. Im not sure through what mechanism though.

Also to note Mife also provides a reset to glucorticoid system in the HPA, resulting in lower stress levels which i feel less in myself ( before i was in bed always chronic fatigue was one symtpom) therefore increasing LH, resulting like you said in higher T.

Dr Mark Gordon emphazises the importance of LH and leydig cells.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I know it’s not intentional, but please remember our Terms of Service:

Do not encourage members to pursue self-medication, directly or through rhetoric. Significant further harm has been reported from following users’ therapy suggestions.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq

Patients are welcome to report their own experience with self-experimentation but please do not prescribe treatments to other patients.

Thanks,
Mitch

5 Likes

Would really like to try this if there is a reliable and affordable source !

3 Likes

Has anyone tried Astragalus as well, I’m curious how it compares to mifepristone. I had seen some success stories outside of this threat on Mifepristone. Had also had seen Mifepristone could cause unwanted effects. Like added estrogen levels, which cause estrogen dominance, and could cause androgen receptor silencing. Which worsens issues in the long run. @awor has written a post on it as well, please make sure you know where you’re getting into.

Warning about Mifepristone (RU486, “Ella”, etc.) Pharmaceutical

From the linked article from his post:

“Mifepristone was an effective antiandrogen in vitro that inhibited transcription from three androgen-responsive promoters and blocked the agonist R1881 in a dose-dependent manner. Like bicalutamide, mifepristone also antagonized the action of androgen receptor with a (T877A) mutation. Mifepristone competed effectively with R1881 with a relative binding affinity comparable to that of cyproterone acetate, and much higher than that of hydroxyflutamide and bicalutamide in a binding assay”

1 Like

it is very reliable seller, but he refused to sell , he said its forbidden and too risky.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339295083_Retinoic_Acid_and_Depressive_Disorders_Evidence_and_Possible_Neurobiological_Mechanisms

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340602749_All-trans_Retinoic_Acid-induced_Abnormal_Hippocampal_Expression_of_Synaptic_Genes_SynDIG1_and_DLG2_is_Correlated_with_Anxiety_or_Depression-Like_Behavior_in_Mice

Have a look. Authors of paper 1 used mifepristone to treat symptoms.
If you’re reading this, please help me get in touch with the authors if there’s any way you can assist.

1 Like

I have also been able to use mifepristone to induce a minor recovery.
However, it doesnt seem like the ‘cure’. Atleast the trial i performed.

Trial was 600-800 mg over 10 days. Erections improved 3 weeks post trial. No other or insignificant other improvements.
Did another trial 6 months later with no discernable benefit.

@Ronnie99 asking you to repeat some stuff but can you go into depth about progesterone after mife.
you tested pg levels and applied cream because those levels were low?
I can try and get the same done then, I am concerned about how low they should be then.
Also, what was your mechanism for progesterone application and subsequent effects?
Youre still taking it daily?

All in all, thank you man.

1 Like
  • Moreover, the response to adrenocorticotropic hormone is impaired and genes related to regulation of hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis (vasopressin, glucocorticoid receptor, corticotropin-releasing hormone, and its receptor) are down-regulated in the liver, hypothalamus, and pituitary.

This is from a article about 5ARI use. It’s practically the same thing that is discussed in the article about Accutane that @Ronnie99 took his inspiration from.

Also this is interesting:

• The reduced clearance of glucocorticoids is not seen in the plasma levels of SRD5α1/KO mice, but rather on corticosterone levels present in the liver, which are elevated.

So maybe you can have this issue but still have normal cortisol levels on blood work.

Download link to article (PDF).

Hey mate,

After taking Mifepristone for 7 days…the first week off it i didnt notice anything except the first night of it i experienced cold hands and feet (pas caused excess sweating of palms and feet at most times indicating the body is in a state of stress), so i said at least I gave Mifepristone a chance and it seems it didnt work, then week two i noticed woman showong more attention and my libido seemed stronger as well as well being was better…just overall felt better…then like swtiches over the coming weeks i experienced like genes coming back on…then i said there is something here…and over the next 6 months i felt 85-90% cured…i cried at times as i could not beleive how much of a hole we are in, and i felt i was out.

Then after 6 months i started to slowly regress and got worse…so i said whats going on here…so i done some lab work…and my progesterone came back very low deficent i beleive 121. So then i started applying about 9-11 mg of progeterone to the back of the neck along the spine, and within a couple week to say 3 i was back to 85-90% feeling good.

My theory is Mifepristone somehow unblocks the receptors at the progesterone cells causing the body to now use it, and becuase of the body deficency, it seems it used it all up creating (why i was feeling good) a deficency. So now it seems unblocked and i just supplemnt about 9-10mg a day and im back to 85-90%.

Also i found that my old personality is back aswell, my sense of humour, i find that it somehow either up regulates or down regulates your genes to before the dysfunction, basically i feel like self in a nut shell.

Please note the source is important aswell. A research lab or some good connect to get you pharma grade Mifepristone, as sometimes a weak source even though good intentions could be missing a molecule resulting in not strong enough Mifepristone.

Also it somehow allows the glucorticoid negative feedback loop through hypothalamus, to function again as it can supress CRH , resulting in a more homestatis endocrine system especially HPA axis (very important for libido, anxiety etc).

Just one note after Mifepristone my following labs came back.

Free testosterone nearly doubled
Progesterone is back to mid to high
Inflammation markers are in check
Lutenzing hormone went from around 3.7 to 10.1

Please look further into this treatment as I beleive it can have a permanent benefit in a form of a reset/resensitize effect rather than what we are trying eg supplement which just

2 Likes

Great find, like i mentioned in my earlier post, I find my old personality back….its either maybe becuase the well being is back allowing my personality to come back through or it reverses back the genes to baseline. My gut feeling is it reverses the genes back.

Good points mate, so whats your theory on why we felt this way from Accutane, finasteride or 5ar related. What did these medications do to a small portion of us ?

Yes as above in the study I have also states that false supression of ACTH indicates a disturbed negative feedback look in the glucocorticoid system.

Mifepristone reset this as indicated in the study.

I had a couple bad liver markers before mifepristone, like high Billirubin, after Mife its back within range. I can show lab results if required.

Yes, though i only took the progesterone because i was deficent, its always good to have a blood test every 6 months and include progesterone to test.

Awesome Ronnie! i ll get a progesterone and cortisol test done. Hopefully this sheds more light.

I can confirm that mife has had a positive effect on me, just not to the level of a cure.

One question to be solved would be if I should undergo a third regimen of mife. Lets see how the tests look.

Is anybody aware of side effects of progesterone cream if it turns out my prog is low? I ll also have a look myself.

Take care everyone.

Hi all,

I’m not familiar with the differences between syndromes caused by various medications yet, Fin, Duta, Acc, etc. I see that various people that benefitted here from MIFE took different things. Is it thought that MIFE might be a possible treatment for only a particular one? Or all? Do they cause disease by similar mechanisms that are thought to be resolved by MIFE?

1 Like

Good question, in my opinion it can be for a host of things, as studies have been done on cushings syndrome with success, decrease the withdrawal and craving of alchoholics trying to kick the habit. In my opinion the biggest benefit happens with the reset of the glucorticoid system wothin the HPA axis. So to answer your questions Based on the studies i have seen it can be used as a treatment for multiple uses, how is your cortisol or progesterone levels ?

The only low side of progesterone in my view is if you take to much, at higher does its like a wired adrenaline feeling, spaced out weird. Correct dose to the persons personal levels can have a bog impact.

My cortisol has tested high the one time it was checked, but I have not been able to get my endo to measure progesterone. If I do, what would I be looking for?