Mifepristone worked

i have this symptom. but it came after taking trazodone. and to ronnie. thank you for all of this info. i think this is the cure!

this is very interesting to me. i remember reading a ton of stories of women who gave birth, and their anhedonia completely disappeared. maybe this is related in some way?

Which Symtpom ?

On the Mifepristone I felt ok, some small tummy aches but nothing reallyā€¦as long as the week during treatment you donā€™t have a tough one. Just basically do minimal as you can and just relax. Also drink about 1.5 - 2 liters water a day, to keep the kidneys nice and flushed during treatment. You will maybe get some water retention, which will go away.

The first night coming off, I got very cold hands and feet, and was little worriedā€¦as cause I had anxiety I usually had cold hands and feetā€¦now I donā€™t have anxiety (very minimal) and do t have the sweaty come hands and feet.

Then the first week I felt nothing after stopping so I said to myself maybe this didnā€™t work, so the second week I started feeling more energy, well being, females were noticing me again, so I said ok maybe itā€™s done a little something, and slowly those feelings grew, plus no anxiety, clear headed, more confident and slowly like switches came back on, basically like my old self in time, I broke down a couple times during those months because I genuinely felt better and it emotionally took over, like a bad dream ended.

Thatā€™s why I hope you guys find a good source and go for it, just remember choose a week weā€™re you can relax and properly measure your dose etc in capsules and take them first thing in the morning.

My anxiety, social anxiety, chronic fatigue, brain fog came from Accutane I beleive. My libido was more effected by Finasteride, as I took both.

In my view Mifepristone is different to supplements etc, it provides the body a endocrine reset of some sort backed by the studies, as you only need to take the treatment for 7 days to potentially reset the body to a state of homestasis.

2 Likes

if anyone finds any reliable sources for mifepristone, please contact me, thanks

2 Likes

Thanks @nicopickle3, same here anyone!

Been trying to find some too but basically impossible to know if itā€™s reliable or not.

1 Like

iā€™m wondering if using 1000mg for 10 days would be a fine amount to use? let me know

So Ronnie99ā€™s regimen seems to be 700mg of mifepristone for 7 days to reset the progesterone receptors followed by 10mg progesterone daily once the positive effects from mifepristone wear off.

I read that you also took mifepristone. Did you notice any increased response to progesterone? As the theory would suggest.

Sorry to barge in on the conversation out of nowhere lol

just ordered mifepristone to do a trial of 1000mg for 10days. will keep everyone posted

1 Like

I never actually tried progesterone. But what Ronnie99 is saying about his use of progesterone after mifepristone makes sense . Iā€™m curious to know where he got this protocol from

For me I took 50 MGā€™s of mifepristone for three days in 2017 and felt ā€œsurgesā€ of what felt like response to androgens going through my brain during those three days . When I was on the mifepristone the first time feeling those ā€œsurgesā€ going through my brain I did not see improvements in the sexual sides. It was after coming off the mifepristone all of my sexual sides improved to about 70-80 percent pre PFS. However I faded back into PFS slowly over a course of about 5 weeks . I took mifepristone two more times after at 50 MGā€™s for three days from the same batch of mifepristone from the same source that I took the first time that brought on the temporary near recovery. The two additional times I tried the mifepristone from that same batch I only felt minor ā€œsurgeā€ sensations going through my brain and got no improvements in the sexual sides after coming off the mifepristone the second two times

And then about a year ago I ordered mifepristone from a research lab from Wuhan China . I ran several trials about 10 trials probable from this batch. I experimented upward to 200 MGā€™s daily for as long as 7-10 days at a time. I tried micro dosing it for 14 days. I tried everything. Other then getting minor ā€œmifepristone surgesā€ in my brain during my first couple of trials from the second more recent batch I got zero improvements after coming off any of those trials

So I do seriously think that my second batch was real mifepristone but I think it was for research purposes only . I donā€™t think it was for human consumption because itā€™s coming from a research lab . So when universityā€™s and shit do studies involving mifepristone on rats they are getting the mifepristone from a place like I got my second batch from China . I think ā€œthingsā€ need to be done to it before a human can take it . This all goes beyond my knowingly we would need a scientist to chime in.

But I do think ronnie99 is right that the quality of the mifepristone is what matters here. I think that what ever my first trial from that first batch did to me that caused those intense good feeling surges going through my brain while on the drug is the reason why it almost cured me after coming off. Note with any of my other trials I never got anything close to the intensity of those ā€œsurge feelingsā€ going through my brain while on the drug and i also never got the temp recovery on the snap back after coming off any of the other trials .

For me though itā€™s prob the case that my PFS cannot be ā€œout smartedā€ again with mifepristone. I base this assumption off of the fact that i ran 2 more trials from that first batch after my temp recovery from the first trial. Of course I would not mind trying again . Because letā€™s face the mifepristone almost cured my most stubborn of PFS sides the dreaded sexual sides . So this is obviously telling me that itā€™s a receptor issue for my case . A receptor issue that mifepristone can interact with.

2 Likes

i think the vast majority of people just have a receptor issue. so frustrating because itā€™s something that should be easily fixable. hope you find something that works soon

1 Like

Any reason you havenā€™t tried progesterone? Since Ronnie99 seems to think it helped him after his mifepristone trial.

Thanks for the detailed response

Yea ā€¦ thatā€™s what my prior experience with mifepristone certainly suggests for my case. Other wise how would I have seen that near temp recovery in the most stubborn of sides by simply taking a drug that antagonizes progesterone receptors at 50 MGā€™s

If only we could have some help and some scientific research going into this specific area so we donā€™t have to choose between doing nothing and self experimentation

Awful

2 Likes

Well ā€¦

I was not aware of the mifepristone/progesterone protocol. The person on the other forum is the one who thought of using mifepristone for these syndromes and at the time he first recommended trying mifepristone he did not also recommend progesterone. So the protocol seems to have developed into something else at this point and Ronnie99 appears to have been recovered by it

2 Likes

Dont rush to find the source, just make sure it is proper. I will also be trying to find one. I beleive the best i had was aasraw dot com but i dont beleive they currently have any in stock. You can conact to double check or possibly they can do a bulk sale for you guys.

Yes though I only take the 10mg a day is becuase not becuase the Mifepristone wore off (it done its job) it was the body used up all the progesterone, as before Mifepristone i had high levels of progesterone. So for a while i felt worse before the Mifepristone as progesterone really dipped.

So after the 7 days after using it ā€¦the body seemed to start using the progesteroneā€¦.like it was blocked before and therefore caused a deficencyā€¦so now I use 10mg progesterone a day and test every 6 months or so just to see the blood levels, keep them in check, my progesterone is now mid to higher end.

1 Like

Its a good plan, though I dont think your doctor will prescribe it. Its not readily accepted in general practise, not because of the Treatment, its because they probly havent read one studiy on it.

LH signal to the balls to start producing T.

Generally speaking though, youā€™d want it to be low/mid range with mid/high T levels.

High LH with low T is a sign of primary hypogondism, thatā€™s means T producing leydig cells in your testicles ainā€™t able to produce enough T to your brains liking.

Then there is secondary hypogondism, that is when your T is low but your brain still isnā€™t sending out any LH. Many people with PFS has this problem.

Also some progesterone will be made in the testicles when LH is secreted.

I see you mentioned blood tests, did your T change at all with the big jump in LH?

Ok I see,

Well i kept one study I have the link below could explain what your refering to bro. Note RU 486 in the study is another name for Mifepristone

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/j.1939-4640.2004.tb03170.x

Yes my free testosterone jump from low 200s to now about 470.

Mifepristone affects the leydig cells. Im not sure through what mechanism though.

Also to note Mife also provides a reset to glucorticoid system in the HPA, resulting in lower stress levels which i feel less in myself ( before i was in bed always chronic fatigue was one symtpom) therefore increasing LH, resulting like you said in higher T.

Dr Mark Gordon emphazises the importance of LH and leydig cells.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I know itā€™s not intentional, but please remember our Terms of Service:

Do not encourage members to pursue self-medication, directly or through rhetoric. Significant further harm has been reported from following usersā€™ therapy suggestions.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq

Patients are welcome to report their own experience with self-experimentation but please do not prescribe treatments to other patients.

Thanks,
Mitch

5 Likes