Voice - back from Dr Shippen, updates

…I noticed grey hair too,but never though it was for propecia…but I can say I have them more than what I used too -

i think i might be doing better it is hard to tell. My penis feels a little less numb. My orgasms still are not pleasurable but it feels different than before at least the feeling after orgasm. Too i had a weird expirence i masturbated in the morning and an hour later i got a massage. The who time i was haveing the massage i had to think about other things to keep from orgasming. then i was driving in my car on the way who and i almost had an orgasm and i wasnt even doing anything.

its either the massage, the hypnosis tapes i am listening too are the combination of prozac and various vitamens. Either way i can not get my hopes up because i am not expirencing pleasure i am just epirencing a different sensation.

Prozac is an SSRI and is known to cause sexual dysfunction. Why are you taking this and potentially causing yourself MORE issues?

You guys are all crazy. Those of you who wont try ANYTHING and just continue to suffer.
If you remember correctly, Dr. Shippen talks about prescribing SSRI’s to a lot of patients with sexual dysfunction in the book “Edge Effect”. Unless you have tried them, don’t give people false information. He is on here telling you how SSRI’s are HELPING him, and you are goig to tell him to stop???
I know you are just trying to help, and be wise, but unless you have ever taken them yourselves, then you have no reason to give your opinions on this.

Also, I will add… I have this older guy, 52, who works for me. He takes Paxil, and has been for 4 years. He’s fat overweight guy. This guy has a raging sex drive, and gets his dick wet all the time. This guy fucks girls off craglist all the time, and I am amazed at how much sex he gets involved with and how much he talks about pussy and fucking girls. Again, he says the Paxil actually helps him relax and achieve his erection.

So for you guys, you might want to try it! :wink:

Peace

ps. again, refresh your memories with “The Edge Effect” by Dr. Eugene Shippen. It will give you some data…

the prozac was given to me by doctor shippen its prozac in very small doses mixed with pantothenic acid 500mgs. He said a couple of his propecia patients were cured by this. As far normal hormone profile we are all different there is no normal, and i know you are saying that i will heal from this but there is no way to be sure. I know there is a person on here who has had sexual anhedonia for 10 years and is still not healed i think he was on it for 7 years though. I have heard of many other people with sexual anhedonia that have no luck and its 15 plus years… I am hopeful for my recovery cause i was only on the poison for 2 and half months, but it has been 2 and a half years with out getting better, I waited a year and a half before i tried any drugs. I do agree with the diet i should probally eat better with out pleasure in sex i turn to pleasures else where like food i have probally gained 40 pounds in the last couple years. My exercise is pretty good though i climb towers for a living it can be alot of exercise.

Actually, it’s “The Edge Effect” by Dr. Eric Braverman… not Dr Shippen.

Post-Propecia users cured by taking Prozac? I don’t know what to say there… can Shippen get approval from these “cured” patients for you to speak to them directly? Have you asked him to provide more details as to why this might possibly be?

Prozac is known to cause sexual dysfunction so I find it strange that he is prescribing it to help with sexual dysfunction from Finasteride. Either way, it’s your choice to take it… good luck and hope it works out.

i have partial ejaculatory incompetence not sexual anhedonia. I dont know about the other people who can not feel anything when they orgasm, but as far as it goes for me i get an erection i am just about ready to orgasm i can feel it coming on and then it plateaus into nothing and i squirt out very watery semen and the rest just oooozes out slowly. thats how my orgasm works and thats exactly what partial ejaculatory incompetence discribes its a split orgasm takes the pleasure out of it. It says it is very rare to have this condition, but it is very common to expirence it at least once. I remeber before i was on this drug there was a couple of times when i had an orgasm with out sensation but it only happened once.

Heres the link if ya want to check it out

books.google.com/books?id=AovC97 … utput=html

i have a better idea of what i might have so i think i will stop taking prozac its just to scary i dont want things to get worse. I have no bad side effects from it but i think i dont want to do this guessing shit anymore. Libido for me comes and goes i think this is a sign of something psychological, and my erections seem to work. I remeber when i first had the side effects my penis seemed alot number and my deppression was at its worst. I am conviced that I have partial ejaculatory incompetence and i will focus my time on that.

Dude, you are SO skeptical.! Damn!

Prozac, or most SSRI medications CAN cause some blunting of your emotions AND sexual dysfunction, but normally only WHEN TAKEN IN HIGH DOSES!

But you wouldn’t known unless you try it! And of course you won’t try it because you are afraid of everything and won’t try anything,
BUT WHY shoot everybody else’s purposed recovery methods down?

If I recall correctly… weren’t you the one touting Dr. Shippen and his services, and how he was the BEST for years now?? Talking all about how he was the best for sexual dysfunction.

IDK man! You do a lot. You do a lot for us, on this site. And you do A LOT of great research.
But TRY SOMETHING DEWD! COME ON! Get on board! Get with the program! Please Mew, please! You’re scaring ALL OF US! Van damn man! Please…
Stop shutting everything down and scaring people.

SSRI medication will actually enhance sexual pleasure in many people when not taken in too high a dose!

Good luck!

Why would someone chance taking a drug like Prozac when there’s the possibility it can cause further sexual dysfunction, after the problems we’ve been left with from Finasteride (which was also not “supposed” to cause the problems it did)? No offence but what you state comes off more sounding like a drug-pushing pharma rep (and where did you even read that SSRIs only cause side effects at high doses? lol…), kind of like Merck and their “2% of users will get transient and reversible side effects” claims (and we’re living proof of that BS).

FYI, there’s plenty of people that have issues from Prozac and other SSRIs at normal dosages, just look up Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction on the web… you’ll find plenty of people sharing their experiences: google.ca/search?hl=en&q=pos … ost+ssri+s

Or how about this?
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1457

Haven’t you learnt anything from this whole Finasteride business yet? Do you not understand the lesson we’ve all been taught the hard way, thanks to having our FAITH and TRUST in the FDA and MERCK broken, thanks to the LIES/claims Merck continues to make about how “safe” Finasteride is? Haven’t you realized that blindly trusting a drug company’s claims is what got us into this mess in the first place?

It is incredible to me that you seem to have an ISSUE with this concept, and question others about their cautiousness as they evaluate wether to try various drugs after everything people have been through with Finasteride. Yes, unless you try something you’ll never know if it will work – but in my opinion, that doesn’t mean you just go out and swallow every known drug to see what they will do… drugs which may also have their own serious complications. In my opinion, one needs to identify the problem areas (ie, is it low T? low DHT? etc), and treat accordingly.

After the problems Finasteride left us with, its not unreasonable to expect most people would be even more disillusioned and cautious about the claims of drug manufacturers, and have a newfound lack of faith in the regulating agencies and medical system in general – so I don’t get why cautious behaviour comes as such a surprise to you. It would apprear that you on the other hand, seem more than eager to gulp down any drug on the manufacturers’ claims alone. Your “issues” about all of this speak more to your personal lack of concern about the potential dangers of medications you are willing to take, gullibility, and your general risk taking attitude towards life, than it does mine. Drug companies like Merck love guys like you, because you just buy all their BS, and take their drugs no questions asked – hook, line and sinker.

If anything, being screwed over by Merck has made me overly cautious… and I think that’s a good thing. Already got burnt once, like hell I’m going to take another pill “just because” some guy on the Internet thinks it might not cause problems. I have my own methods of evaluating information and making decisions, and I’m certainly not sitting here asking for your permission on how I run my life, my health or decisions to take more drugs… you do things your way, I do them mine. If you cannot respect that, then don’t bother posting – because really, to each their own.

Boston get a grip, everyone here is capable of doing their own research and making their own decisions about what risks they are willing to take, or the medications they choose to try. You need to realize and understand that you have absolutely NO control over other people’s lives or what they choose to do.

In general I personally would not take an SSRI unless there was a valid reason for it; however, it seems Dr Shippen has prescribed it to Voice for SOME reason. Without talking to Shippen we won’t know his reasoning. Maybe Voice is extremely depressed because of his situation (and Voice does allude to this in his prior posts, above) and Shippen gave it to him for that reason as well. Unless Voice can relay how & why Shippen thinks Prozac will help post-Fin sufferers, we won’t know. But if he wants to take it and it cures him, then great!!

As for your personal desire to keep slamming me on this site for playing devil’s advocate, it’s starting to really get old. Have you got nothing better to do than stir up animosity around here for no reason at all? If not, maybe you should take a hiatus. I shouldn’t even have to explain this, but since you don’t seem to get it: You cannot “force” anyone to do anything, particularly online, so if you don’t have anything positive to add to the convo other than nitpick my posts and argue for the sake of arguing, it’s prolly best not to bother posting at all. Really Boston – if I want to try something, that’s my business. If I feel like posting about it, I will. Same goes for everyone else.

My suggestion would be for you to do something more productive with your time instead of arguing over nothing, and contribute some valuable info to this site by updating us on your progress with Dr. Crisler, so we can understand his treatment protocols a bit better. If on the other hand the only reason you’re here is to clutter the forum with useless posts about nothing, then maybe it’s best you find another forum to rant on.

Thanks.

(clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) Thank you…

just took a little break from the research and doctors. I went on a two week vacation to california. Just had to take a break so i didnt end up in a mental hospital. My next plan is to save up so i can go to new york there is a doctor there who has helped people with partial ejaculation incompetence which i have. out of the six patients they have seen they healed all six with psycho analysis and various drugs.

Maybe I can add something to this SSRI theme. I mean to have read that fin itself works like a SSRI. So maybe we all are in a post-SSRI state where the body isn’t able to produce enough serotonin anymore. In that state it may be an unsatisfying but pragmatic effort to try an SSRI again - which of course may have other side effects, especially in the long term.

Voice, someone posted this recently in another thread where your username was mentioned:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6176452

Eur Urol. 1982;8(3):155-60.Links
Partial ejaculatory incompetence: the therapeutic effect of midodrine, an orally active selective alpha-adrenoceptor agonist.
Riley AJ, Riley EJ.

The syndrome of partial ejaculatory incompetence has been reviewed. 6 patients, diagnosed as suffering from partial ejaculatory incompetence, were studied. For each subject, large numbers of spermatozoa were present in the post-masturbation urine sample providing evidence of disturbed ejaculatory function. The effect of a potent alpha-adrenoceptor agonist (Midodrine) was evaluated in these patients by means of a double-blind crossover study. Active treatment resulted in a significant increase in intensity of orgasmic sensation, and in a statistically significant improvement in ejaculatory function.

PMID: 6176452 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLIN

Guess one should not go wild on this stuff:
theannals.com/cgi/content/ab … 38/11/1868
Lost sense of smell/taste at dose higher than 5 mg/day, "Midodrine is commonly associated with dose-dependent adverse effects, such as scalp pruritus and cutis anserina. "

Wonder what dose the first study used?

I was about to post something here which I thought was kind of funny, but then I couldn’t figure out what was funny about it. guess my brain doesn’t know anymore.

I tend to agree with Mew here. one of my friends tells me that he took Paxil and has recovered well from some problem he was having in 2008–I guess it was. Another person imformed me that she’s used an SSRI and recovered from some serious anxiety and depression. both with no known side effects. I’ve not ventured into speculating about whether such a drug could tweak my brain chemistry and kick half of my neurotransmitter system back into line–so to speak-- because I’m distrustful of any pharma drug (my own mother still can’t believe I took f’ing FIN because she knows I have enmity for corporations and government in general–also dislike most conventional medicine).

anyway, what I want to say is that I would rather try some social or non-social recreational/spiritual “drugs” that are known to increase dopamine levels or even cause some phychological trial before I get so desperate as to try an SSRI. We are already a “minority” of subjects subjected to the poor judgment of the FDA and apparent greed of Merck. sunshine, work, yoga, lots sweating, chelation therapy, massage… there are so many things that could help some of us actually recover most, if not all of our former selves.

I’ve been on Zoloft off and on probably like 4 years ago, for 5 years(off and on)

It did benefit me and relaxed me…my sex was great…
the only sides i had were weight gain and yawning alot, sleepiness…

I want to so badly take it nowh side, but I have headaches and estrogen was on the high side for me at 52 out of 54max.

Like i said, I would take it to relax me if i knew it would help, but only because my unexplained and unnatural stress, is making the bags and wrinkles under my eyes look really worse…i don’t want to look destroyed in a couple months time and look like a old stressed out monk!

may have to REALLY consider joining the monastery then!!!

anyone have a secret for reducing the “unnatural stress” we feel?
the ONLY thing that works for me is running/jogging for 45 minutes.
:laughing:

i have a appointment scheduled with dr. perelman tomarrow he says they have had alot of success with problems like mine so wish me luck. Its out in new york and quiet spendy but hopefully it will be worth it.