Video claims Finasteride side effects are "Psychological"

Whit this videos new young males are going to fell into the trap. Sadly

2 Likes

Ignorant fucking twats!

3 Likes

Because brain damage…;;

1 Like

No bro! The ones who claim that it’s in our head got brain damage, not us! We have very complex issue with our bodies that affects everything from the immune system to the endocrine system and nervous system, not just the brain or the dick or whatever side we got…

3 Likes

If you want to disarm these people, hit them with the peer reviewed work that has already been done. Ask them about it. For example, say “What do you think of the lowered neurosteroids found in PFS patients?” And put up a link to the Melcangi study or whatever it is your talking about. I’d be extremely surprised if they’ve ever even seen studies regarding PFS.

If we fight back with anecdotal evidence and emotions, it really backfires on the community in that setting. But we’re approaching the point where we can ignore these people as more and more evidence emerges.

4 Likes

I think it might not be a bad idea to have a section citing study after study of adverse effects compartmentalized from Propecia, Accutane, and SSRIs.
Basically a go F yourself to Drs and critics that could easily be compiled, referenced and printed out.

For example is this a Psychological side effect of Accutane?

Isotretinoin increased carotid intima-media thickness in acne patients

2 Likes

If the neurotransmitters or receptors in your brain aren’t working it’s a form of brain damage. I have no emotions. Emotions come from the amygdala in your limbic system in your brain. Memory and sleep come from the hypothalamus. Libido comes from the brain as well. These things don’t come back for most people. At all. You don’t have to be shot in the head to have brain damage. Every neurologist I saw said it’s a form of brain damage.
Same with the genital numbness. Dr. Goldstein did QST and my nerves are responding 2.5 times slower. He called it nerve damage. It’s a form of nerve damage whether it comes from the brain or it’s the actual nerves. And it doesn’t come back for most people either.
You are right that it’s a complex issue that also involves damage to the endocrine system and immune system. But since blood work is normal for most people it’s likely a receptor issue possibly coming from the AR. That’s why we get physical symptoms like muscle wastage and penile shrinkage.
It’s all likely just different genes switched on and off throughout the body. Damage everywhere but saying we have a form of brain damage isn’t wrong.

1 Like