TRT therapy - positive results on the whole but negative views held by forum members

What? There are no known recoveries from PFS via HCG.

1 Like

You tried TRT.

There are. Try googling ā€˜Joekoolā€™. He posted on another forum indicating his complete recovery following a 6 month stint of low dose Hcg. He stopped taking it and remained recovered. Other people on the forum also attest to benefiting from such a regime.

Noone mentioned recoveries, some have improved though. Same thing with TRT, or else why did you give it a try yourself? Donā€™t be a hypocrite, and donā€™t be bitter

"most donā€™t seem to get is that it completely suppresses your natural production."

everyone knows this, who says it doesnā€™t?

"it takes a long period of lots of tests and adjustments, along with being on the hook indefinitely to continue to see doctors and purchase needles, vials, etc all the time."

Probably not - certainly not for me, insulin syringes cost nothing, a 10mg vial of test can last a whole year

Meanwhile, you canā€™t have children

yes you can if you use hcg.

"Want to travel? Good luck keeping all your gear refrigerated."

test doesnā€™t need refrigeration. hcg does, but doesnā€™t need to be used all the time

"Itā€™s obviously insane to anyone outside of Internet forums. Our problem isnā€™t even low T in the first place."

Not really, in fact men with treatment-resistant depression are even using trt now

3 Likes

I tried it for the same dumb reason countless others here have continuously over the last 15 years ā€” I thought higher T means higher libido. It was childishly naive, short-sighted, and I learned just like the countless others who had come before me. We donā€™t have hypogonadism, we have PFS. Some people who have been here may have had hypogonadism when they thought they had PFS. That would explain the odd report of improvement

1 Like

Well regardless of what they have, if someone here has hypogonadal T levels, or T levels hovering on the lower end of the range, then TRT is worth trying.

1 Like

hey vkg, how bout not saying anything if nothing positive?

you are one of the main reasons this forum
is an echo chamber of depression

ps id gladly stick needles in my ass for the rest of my life if it meant i escaped this nightmare

pps for the last time, an endo described my t levels as within range, yet whenever i take exogenous testosterone my libido rockets. Just cos it didnā€™t work for you, dont assume it wont work for anyone else

5 Likes

*Update, have gained 5 pounds since my first post and face looks fuller, healthier. Skin and hair is MUCH oilier, increased body odor, increased confidence. Basically everything trt is supposed to do. Guess Iā€™m lucky so far.

2 Likes

Wake up man. Look at posts 5, 10, 15 years old. Theyā€™re overwhelmingly about herbs, TRT, hcg, antidepressants, no convincing recoveries. Itā€™s completely insane. An echo chamber of false hope and delusion. Thatā€™s the reality. If we would ever face that and recognize the need for a different approach, then we could achieve a positive outcome. That potential is the only thing that isnā€™t depressing.

1 Like

what is wrong with you, do you not understand what i am saying

im not talking about posts on this forum, im talking about my own personal experience. I cycle trib, tomgkat and boron, have also done cycles of clomid and androsteroneā€¦all of them are very helpful for my symptoms. They havenā€™t cured me but certainly made my life a lot better. So to be blunt, you are wrongā€¦it does help

I waiting for the usual ā€œyou prob dont have pfsā€ response. I would say highly unlikely that its a coincidence that my dick shrivelled into a cocktail sausage, 3 weeks after i stopped finā€¦with no prior health conditions

Also reading your posts, libido seems to be your only issue. You also didnā€™t take finasteride. I think you should visit a sex therapist as high chance your issues are psychogenic

In the meantime, i you dont think androgen supplementation is helpful, then fine you are entitled to your opinionā€¦but please stay off this thread

This community is tiny, and the length of time and funding it takes to commission research into
anything makes the prospects of a silver bullet from that route unlikely if not impossible in the medium term.

4 Likes

This place has been 15 years of people saying they feel better from this that and another herb, hormone, pill, tons of placebo effect and wishful thinking, no credible long-term recoveries. Anyway, intention was to clarify that TRT isnā€™t just ā€œboostingā€ T and getting hornier. Itā€™s completely shutting down your natural hormones rendering yourself unable to have children and possibly never be able to produce it normally again to do something that countless people have tried before without positive outcome. Enjoy repeating the last 15 years. Didnā€™t want to rain on your parade, but thereā€™s value in both discussion of pros and cons, not only people talking up pros and trying to sell others to hop on already countless times attempted experiment bandwagon under illusion that itā€™s something new.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to clear up a few misconceptions here.

Itā€™s not necessary that everyone with PFS will worsen from, or have no response to TRT. Depending on the degree of AR overexpression, one could be experiencing a loss of function (where you simply have no response to androgens), or a toxic gain of function (where androgen supplementation makes you worse). This, of course, is probably not uniform across tissues. You could have loss of function in some tissues, while having normal AR expression in others, which is why TRT supplementation could benefit you. You could have toxic gain of function in some tissues, while having normal AR expression in others, why is why TRT supplementation could make you feel better with some symptoms, while getting worse in others.

That being said, I do agree that it is essential for us to gather as a community and get behind scientific research and outreach efforts. Experimentation and that donā€™t have to be mutually exclusive, but people tend to make it so. I think thatā€™s the issue heā€™s trying to raise.

Also, having research done doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s useless for everyone until thereā€™s a cure. It could provide answers to questions like why some people worsen after getting better from antiandrogen supplementation, and allow us to experiment with a lower degree of risk.

6 Likes

yup im gona continue to enjoy having a normal sex life while popping my herbs

2 Likes

Is it possible to have a thread without it being derailed by theories and negative babble? This is why I never post here

Vkg has repeated the exact same thing ā€¦whatā€¦ten times now?? WE GET THE FUCKING POINT. Now can you get the point and kindly piss off already? This is ridiculous.

And may I suggest other members interested in discussing TRT ignore him please?

5 Likes

@borax, from my readings of accounts of people, very few have gotten worse from TRT as compared to improving or not noticing any difference. And of course, tissue-specific AR overexpression of a differential nature is only a theory and hasnā€™t been proven to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Regarding your comment of very few having gotten worse from TRT, I donā€™t know. Youā€™re probably right.

There was the study that proved PFS patients with penile numbness had AR overexpression in penile tissue, and their symptom severity was proportional to the degree of AR overexpression they had. It honestly looks like to be very likely, especially considering how this disease seems to affect everyone differently.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty new to this forum in the grand scheme of it all vkg1, to my thoughts most threads iā€™ve read of late iā€™ve noticed your name accompanied with a negative comment or vibeā€¦i donā€™t know your story pal, i arenā€™t after an argument and arenā€™t trying to be a dick but honestly mate why waste your time on here? If youā€™re that adamant that nothing on these threads can be of help to people then why bother? I wouldnā€™t be on here unless i thought something could help me or one day even cure me

9 Likes

Donā€™t you think some people here might be capable of more than doing the same failed things that have been attempted hundreds of times before? You think a more productive approach, such as finding ways to promote research, attention to our condition, and general advocacy is beyond everyoneā€™s capacity?

1 Like

Hopefully. But research has moved at a leisurely pace (and thatā€™s an understatement) and people donā€™t want to wait for something that they donā€™t feel they have any influence over, in terms of research initiatives as well as how research actually provide meaningful solutions to our problems.

Out of curiosity, what have you personally done to help further the research efforts other than acting as an inquisitor of other forum members?

2 Likes