TRT therapy - positive results on the whole but negative views held by forum members

No one knows what shooting up pregnancy drugs to stimulate your Leydig cells for year on end does long term, of course. Don’t kid yourself that that is a low risk. And for what? To feel slightly less shit for a while while it still works and needing to go to doctors, purchase needles, store all that crap in your fridge, worry about making sure you have more on hand when it expires, be reordering all the time, have your family seeing you dependent on injectable drugs all your life, managing syringes and refrigeration all the time while trying to travel. Knock yourself out but people have been trying it here for 15 years and odd “recovery story” was likely someone who simply had hypogonadism in the first place.

As I say, my intent here was to merely clarify that hypogonadism treatments work for people with hypogonadism, but PFS is not hypogonadism and people should be clear that hopping on TRT means completely shutting down your natural hormone production system unless you want to artificially stimulate one small component of it (lutenizing hormone) by injecting pregnancy drugs constantly and indefinitely, potentially permanently desensitizing gonads, while leaving all the rest of your sex hormones completely suppressed.

People should have the basics of what doing things like TRT actually involve rather than viewing them as harmless Hail Marys that you might as well just give a shot because all kinds of guys on the internet are doing it.

1 Like

man you’re really not getting it

• Purpose of thread: loads of non hypogonadal pfs victims have benefited from androgen supplementation including trt. Evidence provided to support this

• Your thesis that all people that have benefited from trt are simply hypogonadal and not pfs is both condescending and incorrect

• I know this because I am living proof, just like many others on this forum

6 Likes

Repeatedly angrily scolding other forum members for taking risks and trying things out, is not going to make researchers work faster or help us raise interest in our condition.

I understand the frustration in watching people try things that have been tried a hundred times before and have shown few improvements in few people. Despite this, given the state of affairs I just can’t blame people for trying things out and pushing their luck. I see little point in getting worked up about that.

1 Like

People are dying and countless lives ruined and we’re sitting here rediscovering TRT, herbal pills, HCG, ADs, Clomid, proviron, none of which have ever produced a recovery in 15 years. It’s utterly insane.

It would be one thing if they actually worked.

Of course, that would be great. Let’s take everything we can that actually works, while we make sure we are also doing everything we can to get research on what PFS is started.

But they don’t work, and no one here except awor, a o, and some admins have produced anything at all in 15 years. TRT is a treatment for hypogonadism, which isn’t PFS. In fact, PFS seems to be effecting us on the receptor level. So increasing the hormones upstream of receptors makes no sense whatsoever. Herbs are placebos that we’ve established have no long-term positive effect, our problem isn’t depression, etc. Cant we learn anything from our failures at all? How many more lives need to be ruined before we quit dicking around? That’s the rationale behind talking here, but yeah, I do tend to see that nothing here is going to change, and you’re right that there is no point in trying to affect change or inspiring people to want more. It’s the same pill poppers over and over. No action just pill popping. If I didn’t have this thing myself, like awor does, then I’d be 100% certain this is just a forum for people who have no real intention of ever recovering.

2 Likes

You are making the very definition of PFS as a condition that is untreatable. According to you if ‘mystery condition X’ is treatable even to a small extent it cannot be PFS. I suspect your motive in doing so is that you haven’t been able to improve your own state of affairs by using TRT so you aim to distill PFS into a definition which is true only for yourself. This is not just entirely unscientific but also dishonest.

3 Likes

checking through vgs old posts, he has indeed tried the full repertoire of potential trt treatments

unfortunately they didn’t do anything for him. However looking at his symptom profile it is totally different to mine, I have never had libido issues…ed my mine symptom, whereas his issues are the opposite

In addition he didn’t actually take finasteride, so probably not surprising that he has an entirely different symptom profile and response to treatments

Guys don’t feed the troll.

No I’m not, I’m just reminding of the fact that TRT is for people with hypogonadism, or in other words, low T. People with low T should certainly try TRT. Obviously. They probably simply have hypogonadism. However, people who have the same symptoms but normal T do not have hypogonadism (trivially, by definition, which should be obvious but somehow doesn’t seem to be here). Going and taking Testosterone Replacement when your testosterone is fine is completely insane. All it does is shut you down and give you somewhat higher T levels when you already had the symptoms with completely normal T levels, or in other words, your symptoms had nothing to do with T.

It’s pure fuzzy and wishful thinking to think that increasing T will resolve symptoms of low T when your T is in fact fine.

1 Like

Except in the cases where people had T levels within normal ranges and STILL benefited?

1 Like

I disagree. Who’s to say that increasing testosterone to the higher end of the range or even supraphysiologic levels doesn’t alleviate symptoms in some people? I am physically feeling great, mentally doing very well, sexually improving a little bit after two years. Obviously lower testosterone levels are not the cause of pfs but once again, pushing them higher may alleviate sides in certain cases and worsen sides in other cases…

4 Likes

Is TRT really that difficult? This actually reinforced my fears about going onto TRT.

I don’t know that difficult is the word exactly. The main thing that most don’t seem to get is that it completely suppresses your natural production. But yes, it takes a long period of lots of tests and adjustments, along with being on the hook indefinitely to continue to see doctors and purchase needles, vials, etc all the time. Meanwhile, you can’t have children and are likely permanently reducing your natural capacity to produce T if you ever come off again. Want to travel? Good luck keeping all your gear refrigerated. People are scared of doing (for good reason) 6 week cycles of steroid. Imagine a 40 year steroid cycle. When you had normal T levels to start with. It’s obviously insane to anyone outside of Internet forums. Our problem isn’t even low T in the first place.

1 Like

Man, you’re just bitter cause it didn’t work for you. The fact is you’d forget all those inconveniences in a second if it helped your situation, unfortunately it didn’t. Your case isn’t everyone’s case, as you can see from the spreadsheet, TRT has been beneficial to some. And @needacure you can give it a try, you’ll know within a couple of months if it’s beneficial or not, and you’ll be able to stop without it having permanently suppressed your natural production.

1 Like

Are you one of these people going around the board trying to sell people online TRT? There were some spammers send messages on that recently. Suppression starts immediately. Within 3 weeks your natural production is way down. You can restart and be fine, but why post falsehoods?

Hcg does not suppress production at reasonable doses.

1 Like

Reread it

You want to be shooting Pregnancy drugs two or three times a week for the rest of your, likely eventually desensitizing your Leydig cells, having to purchase all the needles for pulling water out of one vial, injecting just right amount into another vial, mixing with powder carefully, putting right in fridge, explain all your gear to your family, make sure to not forget to do it before run out, be reordering supplies every few weeks, doing blood tests to satisfy requirements of doctor, making sure hour insurance never runs out, shopping for good prices, disposing of needles properly, etc for the rest of your life? In order to get a couple hundred higher T level when T level wasn’t even your problem in the first place?

1 Like

If it improved his condition, I’m sure he would, and so would you in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

@vkg1, if I’m not mistaken you were willing to commit to such a regimen yourself, and likely would have stuck with it if you improved with it.

2 Likes

People have been trying HCG here for 15 years. Heard of the search tool?

1 Like