TRT therapy - positive results on the whole but negative views held by forum members

I posted this somewhere else as well but here again. Another story with TRT in a Facebook Group about TRT I am member of.

1 Like

You speak as if someone else should be making the research happen. As if someone who didn’t have PFS would taken upon themselves to expend a lot of their own resources, risk major career setbacks, on investigating something we complain that we have but haven’t even done the most basic things to provide evidence exists at all.

Where in the world to people get the idea that that makes any sense at all?

There are ten million unproven medical conditions people complain that they have. The ones that get researched are the ones where the affected are able to provide credible evidence actually exist. Any scientist submitting a grant proposal for PFS right now would be laughed out of the room. It’s up to us and only us to change that. Instead we sit and talk broscience, conspiracy theories, and herbs decade after decade.

2 Likes

@vkg1, what’s your proposal? In practical terms, not lofty dreams. What steps are you personally taking?

At a minimum, we should all be going to every online community we can find to tell PFS, PSSD, PAS victims as well as people who generally report being assexual or sexually dysfunctional (i.e., people who may not have thought of drug connection) about the little scientific work commenced so far including awor’s theory and survey in order to start unifying the groups. We’re conquered as long as we are divided. We all also should obviously be doing the DNA test and survey ourselves. Naturally I do all of these that I can, but ALL of US should be doing these things. I can’t make a difference alone.

As for action proposals, that should be the main thing being discussed here. It should be the overwhelming focus of the forum. I welcome your critique of a sample idea I sketched here earlier: A letter to you, forum

1 Like

If ours were a solvable problem with TRT, it would probably be called HYPOGONADISM. Honestly, I think more than one member here has suffered from some form of endocrine disorder, following finasteride / antidepressants / isotetrionin. The latter will benefit from TRT and herbal t boosters, the problem is they think they are cured of the true syndrome and come here to bring it back as a cure. Naive people try to reply and end up in hell.

1 Like

Agreed

I may try trt but in my country it ain’t easy to convince ur doc. If that happens, does anyone suggest on going the oral route? I am planning on oral testosterone tablets and proviron everyday… i wish i could get hcg. Most probably i will try to get my hands on injections, but if not, oral route is the plan.

The first step is to get your blood levels tested. If you do not have low T then there is all to lose and little if anything to gain by taking T.

Except by the people who had normal T levels and still experienced improvements.

Some people here don’t respond to their own androgens but respond to exogenous androgens. It maybe some sort of autoimmunity, Hence i don’t think trt is that bad and for estrogen symptoms, proviron is strong enough to reduce those and give a great dht pump, much more safer than those stupid Aromatase Inhibitors. I am just confused about the oral T route becoz not many people have tried it here. Everywhere i see only injections and gels…what about people who can’t get injections prescribed !