The water fast thread

After I came off fin and crashed by back was covered in acne.

Probably the DHT surge ? Man it’s crazy

1 Like

I remember the first cycle of tribulus I felt really good and my arms got acne, it’s probably dht coming back or something definitely a good sign I think

2 Likes

Yes probably it is!

2 Likes

I’m in to day 11 now.

You can see from this pic that I have gotten a big acne outbreak on my chest.

4 Likes

Please take part in my Fasting Poll, thanks.

I’m almost there tomorrow will be day 13 of my fast.

Does anyone have any ideas on I should break the fast ?

1 Like

I heard people go to 21 days, but listen to your body

You could start with some bone broth…

Protein and healthy fat, no carbs, small meal first can eat again later.

Or healthy carbs and protein, no fat, small meal first can eat again later. (oatmeal and lean chicken breast)

Of course, it should not be processed food or anything with chemicals.

1 Like

I did a 3 days water fast, it threw me off balance. I did a 5 days fast, also threw me off balance. Both took a few weeks to recover.

2 weeks ago, I did a 40 hours fast: problem sleeping the second night, I was a bit off balance after but not that bad.

Since then, I’ve been fasting 2 times, from Saturday 4 pm to Sunday 5 pm, so 25 hours, and it does not trouble my sleep or throw me off balance.

I intent to do a 25 hours water fast at least once or twice a week, and maybe a 36-48 hours once every 2-3 months.

I find that after a fast, it helps to eat at least 20 gr of carbs. Between fasts, I’m on a zero carbs, lots of protein and fat diet.

The diet keeps me in ketosis and helps a lot with neurological symptoms (and sexual ones as well, although it took 6-9 months of dieting). I’ve been on this diet for 15 months.

I really feel more calm and happy after the fasts. I think they really do something good.

1 Like

Could you explain, what you mean by saying that the fasts threw you off balance? Did pfs symptoms came back?

I didn’t crash. But fasting makes my insomnia worst (it’s normal, it does that to everyone). However, insomnia is my last persistent symptoms, although I still have several minor ones remaining that don’t bother me too much.

So, long fasts means bad sleep for a few nights in a row, which brings fatigue and brain fog. Also after a long fasts, I’m really craving carbs and after the two long fast (3 and 5 days) I couldn’t resist stuffing myself with carbs. After that, I sleep bad again and it takes 1-2 weeks before I can get back into my routine.

I’ve been on an almost zero carbs diet for 15 months. I take around 5-10 gr a day on average, or 20 gr every 2-3 days. The less carbs I eat, the better I am.

But I need fasts that are long enough to induce autophagy, but short enough to not disturb sleep. So I do 25 hours fasts and I do them more often. They don’t disturb my routine at all. Funny how you end up with so much extra time when you’re not eating !

I will still do 36-48 hours fasts a few times a year, but no longer than 48 hours. This way, I can time it to only get 1 bad night. The 3 days and 5 days ones didn’t help as much as doing shorter fasts more often.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining.

It’s interesting, for me fasting doesn’t disturb my sleep, it’s more improving it. Seems everyone is different in this regard.

I am in a 7 day fast currently and will refeed with carbs as well. Afterwards going keto/carnivore again.

And i also like the idea of smaller regular fasts. Probably i will do a weekly 36 hour fast.

1 Like

I would like to do a 21 day fast but I don’t have enough time for that.

Just finished the fast I made it to 14 days.

4 Likes

No improvements?

It early days I have to give my body time to get back to normal.

I’d gave it at least a few weeks before I can fully judge the results.

2 Likes

Today I’m doing a 24hr fast I’m going to try and fast like this at least once a week from now.

4 Likes

I just finished another 25 hours water fast, 4 days after the last one.

In 28 days, I did a 36 hours fast, a 40 hours fast and three 25 hours fasts.

I seem to maintain my weight although I’m losing fat and gaining muscle (I still do weight lifting).
Fasting makes me very calm. I can feel GABA is rising although I can’t know for sure. It feels good, that I know for sure.

Motivation has risen. I make it a purpose to do everyday something I don’t enjoy doing but that will bring me positive results in the future. I also managed to meditate everyday for 60 days, missing only one day. I don’t do lengthy meditation, I made a contract with myself to do minimum 60 seconds a day.
On average, I do 4-8 minutes. I’m not claiming to be a meditation kinda guy, I’m just trying to plant the habit so it may hopefully grow into lengthier meditations someday.

I want to do the same with fasting so I need fasts that I can integrate easily into my life and do often without any disturbances. The 25 hour format is perfect for that. I finish eating at 4pm the first day, I go to sleep with a not so empty stomach (so I don’t sleep bad) and I don’t eat until 5pm the next day. I eat 20 gr of carbs to begin with, and (in this last fast) ate 400 gr of beef tenderloin with 50 gr of ghee at 6 pm so as not to have too much of a full stomach at bedtime.

Done this way, it’s not too much efforts for me and I don’t have cravings. On earlier, longer fasts, I would crave carbs so bad that after a 5 day fast I just couldn’t resist stuffing myself with carbs. It tastes good, feels good for 10 minutes and then my stomach tells me no, you shouldn’t have done that !

I’m on a zero carbs diet the days I’m not fasting, although I do take this 20 gr of carbs (instant oat, because of its high glycemic index) every 2-3 days to prevent cravings.
Apparently the brain needs 30 gr a day, but we can convert proteins into carbs to fill the deficit. (that’s actually why we lose muscles on fasts longer than 36 hours. You can’t make carbs with fat)

Symptom wise, I’m on the same level: I still have some insomnia and toss around every night and I have a few other minor symptoms that don’t bother me too much. One thing strange though: I get the strongest body odors when I’m fasting and not taking any sex herbs. I had been without body odors for almost a year after crashing, which happened 17 months ago. Body odors came back very slowly in the last 8 months, but they’re not consistent. I don’t have them everyday. Fasting must be doing something good.

2 Likes