The water fast thread

Can you share your results pls?

A month on, are you feeling continued benefits from such a long fast?

1 Like

I’ve been feeling a lot better in the last few days and didn’t have to take any sleeping tablets which is unusual for me.

Also the rash I have around my groin area has almost disappeared and my frequent urination problem has got better.

I don’t know if these benefits are because of the fast or if they would of happened anyway but I am doing alot better in the last few days.

2 Likes

I think I’m seeing some improvements now sexual ones and fatigue seems to be much lessened. Going to fast 3 days from today and towards the beginning of December I’ll start another cycle of Tribulus after I break my fast.

I was able to play basketball just shooting the ball around, my joint pain/cracking seems to fluctuate some days it’s very minor other days they are very soar. I’ve also seen improvements in brain fog.

Still to early to give a full report going to keep fasting and probably update this thread towards the end of December.

2 Likes

Something I should note, I may have previously on another thread, so apologies for repetition if so (I don’t remember, I often find old comments I made that I don’t recall making: FMPFSL), is that I have noted some serious sexual (greater libido, stronger wood) and cognitive (clearer thinking and more positive) improvements on day 2 of some fasts (not all, sometimes day 2 I just feel a bit lightheaded and weak).

It tells me the gut is critical, at least to me. I know it is unpopular to believe the gut is primary, rather than secondary to the brain, but given the significant cognitivie improvements that keto has delivered, the notable sexual and cognitive improvements that water fasting have delivered, the horrorshow that my gut is when I eat the wrong things (and fact PFS has made me gluten and lactose intolerant) and finally the fact that the gut is the source of such a significant proportion of hormones, I am convinced that the key to establishing hormonal balance again is through the gut. It just takes incredible discipline and patience.

4 Likes

Are you taking a load of supps or anything, or just going natural since the fast?

I took a small amount of Tribulus.

But before the fast I was taking a lot more Tribulus.

Im 26 hours into water fast! I will planning to do 48 hours. And will go for carnivore for the end of the week. (Im in Ketosis for a month now!) It definetely improves me. So when i end all of this (maybe) in this weekend, my diet would look like this:

• Strict Carnivore diet for 3 weeks.
  • Breaking my diet via drinking 5 beers, sugared cocktail and eating french fries at the end of the 3th weekend.
  • Then returning to Ketogenic diet on the following morning again.
  • Eating Ketogenic for 1 week more (mostly still Carnivore with few veggies)
  • Now at the 5th week, im doing this waterfast for 2 days. Let’s see. I will go carnivore again until the weekend, after the fast.

I won’t write anything about the results until everything is finished.

5 Likes

Very keen to hear how carnivore goes. Looking forward to the update

1 Like

Here’s an update so I fasted once every week for 24hrs baseline seems to have improved. Brain fog seems to be 90% gone I notice it more so in the morning but goes away once fully awake. There’s a few days I notice it seems to come back but not as bad so around 30% brain fog on those days.
Today I drove my car and felt at peace since my cognitive ability seems more sharp finally I don’t get nervous driving anymore. Fatigue seems to have been improved as well maybe 40% fatigue left. I’ve lost some of that weird body fat due to PFS, body looks better now, not like I was Pre PFS but still better then before I fasted.

Still castrated unfortunately but there was a few days where I had an urge to masturbate randomly. I was using small amounts of tribulus after each fast for 4 days at a time.Testicles are fuller but still not pre PFS by any means.

Joints are also much better but then again I think time might have helped that.

I’m noticing a pattern of 2 days a week I feel like complete shit then the rest of the week I feel fine. Like I have no energy and feel like I’m dying, then I wake up the next morning and feel way better not sure why this happens but still better then feeling like that 7 days a week.

If I notice anything else or my baseline go back to what it was I’ll update this thread again, so definitely seem to get benefits hopefully long term. I’m going to continue the 24hr fasts from now on.

2 Likes

You should try 36 hours a week dry fasting, it is not that hard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can definitely do 36 hell even 48hrs. 24hrs is easy now I almost look forward to doing them. So dry fast is no water during the fast?

No water, no food, it is more efficient than the water fast. During the fast you should not even touch water, as the skin has absorbing capabilities.

So many posts here to read…

1. Had anyone with PFS done 2 or more weeks of WATER fasting? Not juice faster or tea fasting or koolaid fasting. Just water.

2. If so, what was your experience and did this help relieve pfs symptoms?

I did a 13 day water fast and it didnt do anything for me. Seems like people benefit more from multiple short fasts

1 Like

You are 51 and have morning erections that last a hour. I would say that’s mind-blowing and in my opinion you don’t have pfs, ore at least no pfs-related ED.

Do you still have morning wood and do you think 25 hour waterfast is the key for morning wood?

You’re the third one to say that to me. I guess some people truly believe it’s impossible to recover.

I DID lose morning erections, sensibility and went to totally zero libido. I also had my balls hurting for over 9 months. Now, 20 months after crashing and 19 months into the diet and exercise, all those symptoms disappeared except for lower than before sex drive (which means I’m horny every second day instead of all the time). And yes, I still have morning woods which seems to last an hour or more and I find it annoying as I have difficulties sleeping past 3am. (but I’m not complaining, I’d rather have that than none)

Maybe water fast helped, but I did this only within a 2 months period and at that time sexual symptoms had already recovered.

I think butyrate (in ghee) and BetaHydroxyButyrate from fasting, eating saturated fat and not eating carbs is what made the sexual symptoms go away. I will never know for sure.
I also take 1gr butyric acid (butyrate) supplement per day and ghee gives me another gram or two.
BHB from burning fat must be a lot higher, like 40 gr or something a day, and I take lots of fibers and Clostridium Butyricum bacteria as probiotics. They change fibers into butyric acid.

BHB and Butyrate increase the efficiency and number of Situin proteins which fix epigenetic and DNA damage according to a few studies I posted on the Ketogenesis and Fat Adaptation thread. Dr. David Sinclair (longevity researcher at Harvard) goes in the same direction and I follow his work carefully.

I should also mention I had heavy stomach ache, severe gastric reflux (I had to sleep inclined or my stomach content would flow into my throat and lungs) and a huge bloated belly. I also had all day long headaches 5 days a week.
It all stopped with the diet and I now have a six pack, with around 12% body fat.

6 Likes

Did a water fast for 21 days until I randomly lost my balance and fell from getting out of bed too quickly and my friend called the ambulance for fear I was over doing it. Didn’t notice any changes to my symptoms.

I too have felt “better” with a water fast and intermittent fasting. Given some tests I’ve recently had, where liver numbers were off, I suspect the fasting has helped improve the liver function. Has anyone else had their liver tested? It does have an impact on our endocrine system.

2 Likes

how are your liver enzymes, and billirubin? Cholesterol?
do you have body odor changes?