suicide

Yeah but without the etiology we can’t make rat models.

We can induce PFS the old fashioned way. I bet we can get a 10 percent PFS yield with an on and off regimen. But even with a 2 percent yield that just means more rats.

1 Like

Yeah but it appears there’s a genetic susceptibility to PFS and since all rats are genetically engineered to be the same, it’s basically impossible for any of them to get PFS without all of them getting PFS.

1 Like

Highly doubtful. Gotta try it to be certain. There is evidence rats in studies have gotten PFS - they have failed to recover sexual function after stopping dutasteride - ie they have permanent side effects.

1 Like

Interesting, can you link me this paper please? Haven’t come across it myself but would be interested giving it a read.

3 Likes

I can’t die because of my son.
I live in hell day by day.

4 Likes

The genetic susceptibility is having abnormally high rates of DHT I know that’s the case with me.

Depending on duration of treatment so 1 day then

I was one of the guys that had no big problems with finasteride. Stopped hairloss, was fine.
Then fucking silly me read in a stupid german hair loss forum about cycling fin to maintain its effect.
Ive done this 3 weeks on 1 week off regime only 2 months and CRASHED.
Before i took Fin 2 years without problems.
Im very sure that an on off regime can give enough rats pfs

1 Like

I’d predict that thousands of men will be inflicted by this if they ever pull it off the shelves the syndrome only seems to happen when you stop the drug.

Many people get the syndrome after ceasing. It is talked about in this German-language documentary, from an SSRI angle:

4 Likes

I believe it’s coming true for me

1 Like

Yeah I also got PSSD months after quitting the drugs. It first was withdrawal and really after withdrawal, I got it full blown. My PSSD wasnt full blown in the first 8 months. It started gradual, and it ended in the total emptiness. The more withdrawal lessened, the more PSSD took over. As if my body worked from withdrawal towards PSSD as the new homeostasis, not to myself.

Hey everyone I talked with the guy in the article that has contacts in China and CRISPR doesn’t seem plausible right now but he did say that adenovirus treatment seems to be the treatment of choice not sure how this treatment would fit in with this condition as I haven’t researched it enough.

1 Like

Talked to phil and he said he will be hearing from Baylor in October but doesnt know when it will be published. Remember, this is part 1 of a study that was announced in 2013. It gives you an idea of how quickly things progress or do not progress!

This is one of thousands of examples that in the real world things are complex and thus move slowly. Maybe not always if you apply old technology on known problems but certainly when you are talking about developing cures for complex diseases or similarly challenging stuff (ex. autonomous vehicles, replacing fossil fuels with alternative energy sources like nuclear etc.). All this stuff takes time! Lots of time! We are not talking about developing a new app or other silicon valley type stuff.

Anyone who thinks CRISPR will solve most of this within the decade is making the same mistake that google made when it thought it could quickly make cars drive autonomously. They were projecting their experiences in the software world onto the real world, which is orders of magnitudes more quirky and complex. Many people involved in the autonomous car field have since admitted that they underestimated the scope of the problem.

Of course anyone is free to believe in a ray kurzweilesque fantasy.

2 Likes

Talked to phil and he said he will be hearing from Baylor in October

So that means they will say Howdy! Maybe they will publish it in November for Thanksgiving and send the foundation a big ol Turkey leg!

1 Like

So why do you waste your time visiting this site? After all these years, just looking for for people to give you support?

2 Likes

I like to keep up to date on the latest developments.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to check back every 10 years given your 25-50 year outlook?

5 Likes