Success Stories Compilation

Plants have chemical ways to protect themselves since they can’t run away. These chemicals can cause overall inflammation that can’t be linked to the plants easily. When my symptoms were at the worst, I went on a carnivore diet with lots of fat. Improvement was within a week, with half the symptoms greatly eased, but the diet is hard to adapt to. If I was to do it again, I would do as I do now and eat simple carbs as well.

Since them, I’ve adjusted the diet. 250g of rib-eye or strip-loin beef steak, an additional 120g of fat mostly from ghee (or butter) and some organ meat. I go for chicken liver or heart. Liver might me the most micro-nutriment dense food out there. And I eat some 20-50g of carbs but only once a day to spike insulin only once. I go for energy dense carbs that digest well like honey and white rice (which won’t cause allergies or lower androgen). The idea is to spike insulin for the shortest time.

That’s no more than 420g of clean food a day and provides 1800 calories which makes it very calorie dense. It’s easy to digest and there’s almost no feces, 10 times less, as almost all the food is absorbed by the body.

This diet greatly reduces inflammation and eliminates food allergies. There’s no processed food and it also puts very little stress on the digestive track which enables it to heal (especially if eaten one meal a day, which is what I do).

I’ve written many times on this forum about it and almost everyone I know who tried it saw improvements. Some didn’t but didn’t get worst either, others couldn’t get on the diet either because it’s too hard or because their liver couldn’t handle the fat load. It can be eased in gradually which makes it easier but it’s not for everyone. I think it’s worth a shot.

3 Likes

My diet is similar brown rice instead of white, I’m avoiding dairy so no butter but I get fat from olive oil and I eat plenty of meat, I keep the carbs up from rice if I have too low of carbs I heart starts to have problems

1 Like

Here is another success story very inspiring

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing another success story. Every time we add one, we show people keep recovering.

In this story, the man crashed 6 months after stopping on a trip to a foreign country (which seems to have been the trigger IMHO but who knows). This seems unusual however he does describe what are PFS symptoms we can recognize.

He stopped processed food, did exercise and Testosterone Replacement Therapy apparently in the form of T cream. Then there a laps of time before he claims to be better.
He attributes his recover to those three aspects: Clean food, exercise and TRT. He says TRT is great but won’t do much good if not accompanied by the two others.

In my opinion, he still displays signs of high glutamate which may or may not be related to PFS: He speaks a lot and does not leave spaces between words (which is regulated by GABA) but he says he got his life back so we can say he’s satisfied with the results he got and he has now moved on with his life.
He seems to say he’s still on TRT.

It goes in the same direction as many stories on this thread and in the direction of a theory I’m testing: An androgen deprivation therapy (fin) got people sick, maybe an androgen supplementation therapy will reverse the damage. Clean diet and exercise included. It’s still a theory so let’s see if we can see a pattern with other recovery stories.

Thank you for your post, it is much appreciated.

2 Likes

There’s another guy believe his name was John he was on the PFS podcast claims to have been cured by exercise, clean living and trt

Yes, all three. Clean food, exercise and raising androgen, it seems to be the case in lots of recovery.

I personally don’t advocate for direct testosterone supplementation. It makes the body lazy and produce less T naturally and can result in people needing to constantly supplement with exogenous testosterone, in some cases for life. I tried oral TRT and it got me very aggressive and irritable. I had to stop.

in February this year I did low dose HCG for 6 months. My testicles have grown in size and the results are persistent after I stopped HCG. Weight lifting is also a natural way of raising T levels and eating certain food while avoiding others is a great way to increase overall androgen levels.

Search 43 best ways to increase DHT to get some great suggestions.

There are many ways to increase androgen without directly taking testosterone supplement. Note that in the video you posted, the guy says oral TRT didn’t work for him while T cream did. This is because 5ar cell are abundant in the skin. 5ar type 2, which is responsible for DHT production, is mostly produced at the root of hair follicles, hence the problem with 5ar and balding.

Applying T cream, DHEA cream, progesterone cream and androsterone (an oily substance) on body hair would ensure greater contact with 5ar type 2. Pubic hair, scrotum, chest hair, beard hair are all places where 5ar would be abundant and hair loss not as dramatic as on the head. Not that I think there’s a link between those product and losing hair, but in case there was, I’d prefer losing pubic hair than those on my head.

I will say it again, increasing androgen will most likely make people feel worst. If someone is in bad shape already, I would not advise getting worst. I personally have done this because I was already better through clean food and exercise and I wanted my body to adapt to higher androgen. It seems to be working, in the last few days, I started feeling visceral sex drive (as in no choice, bite my lips, compulsory sex drive where girls attract me and there’s nothing I can do about it). Sensitivity is much better and sex is more connected. At the same time, motivation and ambition is coming back. It’s anecdotal, doesn’t mean it’s related or others would have the same results, but nonetheless I’m happy to get that.

I had normal to high testosterone levels for the first 15 years after PFS, for some reason I got in really good shape was eating healthy and they dropped below 300 and never recovered. I didn’t notice how low energy I was till I took tlando for trt. It got me back to my baseline again, some people can’t control testosterone even with clean living. My theory is that I’m not using the amount of testosterone because AR receptor is down regulated so my body stopped producing as much.

So your body adapted by lowering T instead of adjusting AR expression. It makes sense to me to do some androgen supplementation. What happened when you did ?

It got my testosterone to the 500 and dht is way high, it helped my depression and energy but sexual sides remain. I do want to mention anyone taking trt should also donate blood to dump red blood cells and also you should monitor your blood pressure if you go on trt it has a tendency to raise a bit. Otherwise no negative side effects to trt besides your body becoming reliant on it

You T is still in the normal range. Is your DHT within range ? It’s difficult to predict which way the body will react: tune down AR sensitivity or tune down androgen production ?

I raised my T to 1209 and I used HCG to have my testes produce the T naturally (even though the LH signal was artificial). Normal T range is 227 - 972 (265 - 923 from another source). My DHT is within range, above average. I stopped HCG so I now have to test if my body reduced LH production, considering it could not reduce natural T production. There’s no test to check the AR that I know of except maybe with a biopsy and looking their shape under a microscope. Not in my budget and not conclusive IMO.

I’m still testing and I haven’t finished. My aim is to reverse the over-expression of the AR by flooding them with androgen above normal levels (which is what made me sicker to begin with). At the moment sex drive is one or two a day, no ED, sensitivity and especially sexual connection is better but really not 100% yet. At least I can now have enjoyable, connected climaxes which felt disconnected before (if I could have them at all). I’m not done with my experiment yet. I did manage to reduce sleeping meds: hydroxyzine from 30mg to 10mg, clonazepam from 4mg to 2.5mg. Sleep is adequate.

I posted better sexual results in the past but they didn’t stick. I have no way to say if this time will be different. It’s usually not. Overall things are slowly getting better though.

I won’t give up. I’ll continue testing my theory and posting my results.

My dht is 1275, range 106-719 yeah it’s crazy high. Strange I get no symptoms of hair thinning or any prostate issues from high dht. I have the same theory cutting my dht with propecia caused the problem trying to flood my body with androgens to reverse it. Also trying to lose fat to keep estrogen down too deadly to use anastrazole on trt. My range at my doctors office for testosterone is 300 - 900 I was at 291 so just barely under but I did test in the morning when my testosterone is supposed to be the highest so maybe it was even lower then that different times of the day

It makes sense that if your DHT is so high your T would be low. It would suggest lots of T converting to DHT. It could also suggest 5ar being abundant or 3a-HSD being low.

Do you have problem sleeping ? And do you know your progesterone levels ? To produce allopregnanolone you need both 5ar and 3a-HSD.\

There’s natural ways to keep estrogen low: Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K2), Androsterone, Aspirin and Tongkat Ali. Some of those have caused people to get worst as they increase T. Caution is advised.

Hey, ozeph,my progesterone dropped to 0.32 after the crash, it was 1.67 before taking the pill, my testosterone didn’t change much in comparison, I measured it two days after the crash, what does this mean?

My sleep is pretty regular I only have a problem if I take 5-htp in the evening, i take it because I have low serotonin and dopamine according to a neurotransmitter test. I know there’s mixed opinions on those tests

I’m not sure. Pregnenolone (from cholesterol) is transformed into Progesterone by the enzyme 3b-HSD.

5ar, 3a-HSD and 3b-HSD are all enzymes involved into the production of sexual hormones, important neurosteroids and much more. Finasteride creates a mess of varying degree to those enzymes. Both 3a-HSD and 3b-HSD are used by cells in their process to produce energy.
Is lack of energy one of your symptoms ? You may be low on one or both of those enzymes.

It’s not much of an answer. I too am low on Progesterone too and I believe it’s part of what cause my insomnia. I did find pure Progesterone and pure Allopregnanolone. I’ll receive my parcel within a week and test if I can turn Progesterone into Alopregnanolone in my body. The pure Allopregnanolone is just to have something to compare to so I know what it feels like to have Allo back.

In my opinion, this is just fiddling with secondary symptoms. The main one is AR over-expression caused by an androgen deprivation therapy, Finasteride for example, sold as a hair loss treatment. Other substances can cause the same results as we all know.

I don’t know if that helps but at least you know you’re not alone.

It’s good you can sleep (without 5-HTP.).

The Serotonin / Dopamine ratio is important. I used to take both 5-HTP (100mg) and Dopamine (Mucuna Prurien 450mg) in the morning. I had motivation problems, felt bored and unemotional.

I stopped 5-HTP and took only Dopamine and the results were much better. I sleep better (but still not fully), feel happier, I’m more motivated and take initiatives more spontaneously. I tried different ratios and one dose of 450mg of Mucuna Prurien is the best so far. I speak about my case as indication of what an imbalance would look like.

Unfortunately pure allo does not have bioavailability like the drug being marketed does. Sometimes it’s the same. In this case it is not.

1 Like

do you have the link?

Have you tried taking this for dopamine?

I take Mucuna Pruriens extract, 450mg, which contains L-Dopa, the precursor to Dopamine and it works for me.

I get L-phenylananine from a mix of Essential Amino Acids I take every day (15g of EAA). I get good benefits from EAA. D-phenylananine is made in a lab and didn’t go well with me when I tried it alone. I never tried DL-phenylananine so I can’t tell. What are your results with it ?