Success Stories Compilation

did u recovered any sexual sides?

1 Like

Yes. Morning erections came back, body odors as well. Sex drive is at 1-2 times a day and some days without sex is fine for me. Sensitivity is good enough to reach orgasm and those are not so disconnected as before. Erections are strong and refractory period much shorter.

Altogether I’m not at pre-crash level but I’m still on an improving trend. Although strangely, on one particular day, I had sensitivity just like I had as a teen and an orgasm that felt 100% like before. It lasted only one day, that was 5 months ago and then it was gone but it made me realize that underneath, all is intact and can be tapped into (well, that’s what I believe anyway)

One day I will post my story here.

Other people I’m in contact with are improving sexual sides too. There’s hope !

3 Likes

Noticed I never added myself to this thread. I recovered from many similar symptoms as Ozeph. I’m not yet 100%, but improving month by month still and life is generally great again.

I had forgotten about this thread, it helped me a lot when I was struggling, among others. Thank you for starting this thread Ozeph. Also, you were absolutely an essential part of my support structure during my recovery. Thank you for all that you did, and for what I’m sure you continue to do for others.

5 Likes

Thank you for your testimony and glad to have been helpful. Yes, I made this thread for the purpose of giving hope to people: Our lives can get better. It’s important to share our success on this thread so that others can get that hope that has helped us.

I invite others who have seen improvements to share those here on this thread. It makes a difference. Someone helping others is also helping himself in the process.

4 Likes

Hello,

Did you recover from penile numbness / TACTILE SENSITIVITY?

1 Like

I don’t have tactile sensitivity issues.

Penile numbness is still an issue but sensitivity does come back and then goes. I once had sensitivity like I had at 20. It lasted a day but if it came back for a day, my body can still produce that effect. I believe that underneath those epigenetic changes, we have an intact DNA that can be revealed again.

2 Likes

I had to look up what tactile sensitivity was. I don’t think I had this. I don’t think I had penile numbness either, just some reduced sensitivity along with general impotence, but I did recover from that.

2 Likes

Ozeph - what was your regimen?

In respect for the terms and conditions of this site I will not go into specifics. However, you can DM me if you want.

Hey guys, been a while since I was last active on here. Although I’m not 100%, I’d consider my recovery a success based on my progress over the past 5 years. For me this horror story began exactly 5 years ago and it’s been one hell of a ride. The first couple years were extremely dark, every side you can think of. Sexual, mental, extreme anxiety, physical etc.

While time was likely the largest factor in my recovery, I did try various supplements (both hormonal and non hormonal) over the years without much luck and really struggled. I began taking supervised trt 2.5ish years ago and while the changes were not drastic, it gave me a helpful little boost energy wise and physically.

These days physically I’m probably in the best shape I’ve been and those crippling mental symptoms are significantly reduced. I’d say in the past 6 months I’ve noticed the biggest change in those areas. The one symptom that has lingered is my significantly reduced libido. It’s probably 15-20% of what it was (but up from 0%) and it certainly makes relationships challenging but I’ve been able to manage and have pushed through. I’ve learned to accept that this probably will never get better and honestly accepting it has allowed me to feel at peace with my situation.

Just wanted to check in and post this message. I never thought this nightmare would end but here I am 5 years later and things have improved significantly. I’m able to live a happy, healthy and fulfilling life. I hope this message provides some hope for those of you that are struggling. Hang in there.

10 Likes

Congratulation on your progress !

I really appreciate you coming forward and sharing your results with us all. You were disabled and got back to a state where, I think you would agree, life is good enough and you can now move on.

Time seems to always be a co-factor in all recovery stories, especially around the 4-6 years mark. There are faster and longer recoveries but most recoveries documented in this thread are within that range. Note that there’s no indication as to which extent people have recovered. I think most who recovered still have some lingering mild symptoms but I can’t know for sure.

Thank you again for posting your success on this thread. It makes a difference !

5 Likes

I’m past 4 years now and thought this will be permanent. Instead, I’m entering a period of possible recovery? From your lips to God’s ears… Jim

4 Likes

I think I might have PFS the longest at this point 17 years to the month. I’ve tried probably a 1000 protocols at this point. Trying an even more restrictive diet now hopefully it helps. I have trouble eating healthy because it feels so bad to do so, which is common from any lifestyle change, but it might effect PFS sufferers more

One thing I found that boosted sensitivity a bit was running the shower on genitals with hot water for 3 minutes then cold water for 30 and repeat this a total of three times, do this every time you take a shower. It’s free and worth a try I think

This is again just a theory based on an observation, but I’ve read a study on this site that said finasteride attaches itself to 5ar producing cells in a persistent way. It doesn’t say permanent so I choose to consider it means a long time, whatever that could be (maybe a few years ?).

That would suppose it does eventually comes off the 5ar producing cells. Maybe that’s one of the reason some people see improvements with time and many have good enough improvements that they consider themselves recovered around the 4-6 years mark.

I don’t have any numbers to draw any statistics on the percentage that do improve enough that they consider themselves recovered.

I know I’m within this range and my PFS is pretty much gone, with still some lingering symptoms. I can say I can now live a normal life. I know half a dozen others in that range that consider they can now go on with their life and I’ve heard of other people that also know half a dozen to a dozen that go on having normal lives, some with mild symptoms remaining. Add that up, plus the stories on this thread and you’ll see the numbers of recoveries is significant.

Until some doctor or someone comes up with a sure way to cure this, there’s no guarantees. There’s hope, that’s for sure !

1 Like

Plants have chemical ways to protect themselves since they can’t run away. These chemicals can cause overall inflammation that can’t be linked to the plants easily. When my symptoms were at the worst, I went on a carnivore diet with lots of fat. Improvement was within a week, with half the symptoms greatly eased, but the diet is hard to adapt to. If I was to do it again, I would do as I do now and eat simple carbs as well.

Since them, I’ve adjusted the diet. 250g of rib-eye or strip-loin beef steak, an additional 120g of fat mostly from ghee (or butter) and some organ meat. I go for chicken liver or heart. Liver might me the most micro-nutriment dense food out there. And I eat some 20-50g of carbs but only once a day to spike insulin only once. I go for energy dense carbs that digest well like honey and white rice (which won’t cause allergies or lower androgen). The idea is to spike insulin for the shortest time.

That’s no more than 420g of clean food a day and provides 1800 calories which makes it very calorie dense. It’s easy to digest and there’s almost no feces, 10 times less, as almost all the food is absorbed by the body.

This diet greatly reduces inflammation and eliminates food allergies. There’s no processed food and it also puts very little stress on the digestive track which enables it to heal (especially if eaten one meal a day, which is what I do).

I’ve written many times on this forum about it and almost everyone I know who tried it saw improvements. Some didn’t but didn’t get worst either, others couldn’t get on the diet either because it’s too hard or because their liver couldn’t handle the fat load. It can be eased in gradually which makes it easier but it’s not for everyone. I think it’s worth a shot.

3 Likes

My diet is similar brown rice instead of white, I’m avoiding dairy so no butter but I get fat from olive oil and I eat plenty of meat, I keep the carbs up from rice if I have too low of carbs I heart starts to have problems

1 Like

Here is another success story very inspiring

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing another success story. Every time we add one, we show people keep recovering.

In this story, the man crashed 6 months after stopping on a trip to a foreign country (which seems to have been the trigger IMHO but who knows). This seems unusual however he does describe what are PFS symptoms we can recognize.

He stopped processed food, did exercise and Testosterone Replacement Therapy apparently in the form of T cream. Then there a laps of time before he claims to be better.
He attributes his recover to those three aspects: Clean food, exercise and TRT. He says TRT is great but won’t do much good if not accompanied by the two others.

In my opinion, he still displays signs of high glutamate which may or may not be related to PFS: He speaks a lot and does not leave spaces between words (which is regulated by GABA) but he says he got his life back so we can say he’s satisfied with the results he got and he has now moved on with his life.
He seems to say he’s still on TRT.

It goes in the same direction as many stories on this thread and in the direction of a theory I’m testing: An androgen deprivation therapy (fin) got people sick, maybe an androgen supplementation therapy will reverse the damage. Clean diet and exercise included. It’s still a theory so let’s see if we can see a pattern with other recovery stories.

Thank you for your post, it is much appreciated.

2 Likes

There’s another guy believe his name was John he was on the PFS podcast claims to have been cured by exercise, clean living and trt