Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

Who will administer it?

Did I read that right it costs 900 dollars per gram ?

Mark me down for helping to pay for drug testing.

Thank you guys very much…I already promised myself to get out of this stalemate (A state where i dont feel bad enough to kill myself, but not near well enough to have a fraction of a normal life)…I have already tried numerous things including ( 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone), which i cant give any reasonable score, becuz its poorley absorbed orally (like 3 or 4 %)…One substance im also considering is 9-Methyl-β-carbolin…BTW directly after the crash i started taking Wellbutrin 300mg, and mirtazapin 30mg (It was the only way to stay alive, cuz i was 10 seconds away from throwing myself from the parking lot where i work)…There are many other substances that i want to try, but SAGE-217 is on the top list (Which scares me the most)…What if it didnt do much, if nothing at all (To get worse is to me highly unlikely, my baseline is pretty much shit, and to hell with it, if i get worse, i will have some motivation to end it, and thats it)…Its the stalemate what scares me the most…nothing getting worse, nothing getting better, and my soul is stuck between hell, and paradise)…Im sounding like a crazy person, but this is what worries me the most, if i went on with this experiment…
Before anyone start asking about my symptoms, i will try to make them short, becuz i cant take typing them…My main symptoms are.
Loss of touch sensation all over my body, although i can feel some areas in my body, but the sensation is only 25% of whtat i was…Its like i had a stroke all over my body…I can still feel heat or cold (But ofcourse not in the genital region)…At the beginning of the crash i couldnt even feel pain…I remember as a friend of my mine did my lumbar puncture, i couldnt even tell, if he started or just finished…
Loss of smell, and taste senses, which got better through time, but nonetheless its no where near where it was…Sometimes it gets suddenly worse, and i cant even tell, what im eating…Its like chewing on tasteless cardboard…
Complete Impotenz, Loss of libido, Testicels shrinkage, severe dry eyes, dry skin, which are getting worse by the second…
I cant type anymore of this shit, without getting depressed, which is although a main symptom of mine…Depression that takes the life out of life, its how i describe this condition…
Im sorry for my english, and for my confused thoughts, but im very glad, to be able to express them to others, since i lost all contact to my family on the base, them not even trying to understand what happened to me, and telling me its only in my head shit…
One thing i really have to mention again, becuz i saw, what happened to guys asking for money for testing stuff (Like Meslimbo), which i really find normal, becuz even though lots of us is financially stable, i cant even think of guys who are poor and have to support their families under this condition (We are talking about guys living in third world countries, and even in europe or USA, but dont have money, or simply to young to have any signficant amount of it)…
I stress this out, and will keep doing that…I DONT NEED ANY MONEY FROM ANYONE…I WOULD NEVER ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT OF ANY KIND…I was always an honourable man, who refused to borrow money, even in my darkest financial times, and now that im still able to work, and having a well paying job, there is no way for me to take anything from anyone…
This is my experiment, my life, my body…Its all me, and noone else is responsible for what might happen except me…
Thx for your support… I will keep you updated, but it will take lot of time before i decide, whether i would go on with the experiment, or not, but it would definitely be in the next 3 months, becuz that would be the 1 year mark for my last dose…I want to keep things slow, and not rush into things…Please share any thoughts you might have on the subject, thx

5 Likes

Zuranolone can be taken orally…To make the right dose of 30mg daily, i will mix one gram of the stuff, with some other fillling powder, lets say powedere sugar for example…I will pay a caspule maker (very cheap on amazon), and make 30 pills out of the mixture, which will lasts me a month (More than enough to test if it at least helps, or not)

I will be buying it from one of the Vendors listed here ( it would be like 2900 dollar per gram)…Please admins delete this, if you think im promoting any company or stuff like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you know how you will get it tested yet?

That’s an insane price.

Illegal drugs like cocaine don’t even cost anywhere near that.

Nice work on finding NIH recognized vendors, Didn’t know about that. Interesting.

I dont think, i would be able to get it tested to be honest…Im gonna have to believe what those chemical companies are claiming…I mean, they have to be legit, since many research facilities buy their stuff from them (Only thing, the compund might be contaminated with some sort of carcinogen, or whatever. A risk, i would gladly take, considering i have either way a very short life span.Noone has gotten very old enough to tell us, what life for us would like in 30 years, maybe we will all become demented, have a brain atrophy, und be retarded due to chronic neurosteroid depletion( Neurosteroid are supposed to prevent that, and memory loss as a symptom is quite common among sufferers)…Im sorry for being a pessimist, but its the truth…We are very sick in a very un-obvious way, and there is no way, that we will live a normal life…Its about, how much time can we live almost normal, that counts (I would trade this shit, to 10 years of normal life, at any moment without thinking twice)…I know we are not supposed to make theories on the forum, but im deeply convinced that the problem is neurological (thus very hard to study, and understand through research without having animal models of this disease)…I would love to talk to someone who tried TRT, and ask if their other symptoms of androgen deficiency (Like body hair loss, beard loss, dry skin, dry eyes) was resolved under TRT…I for myself can say, that my dry eye symptoms go immediately (one day delay) after i raise my testosteron (I apply a commercial gel, used for PCT designed for bodybuilders), and that resolves immediately my dry eyes symptoms, which indicates for me at least, that androgen receptors are working (Even though the raise of testoteron with such products is very subtle, so i guess, with TRT even if we think of androgen resistance, one should get better not worse…Diabetes results from insulin resistance, and even in the most hardcore cases, applying higher amounts of insulin results in lowering of the blood glucose levels.)…No way in my mind are androgens responsible for me losing touch sensations, or smell/Tase sense (the place in the brain where the smellling sense generates “The olfactory bulb” has a lot of neurogenesis involved, that is under the control of neurosteroids)…There are eunuchs ffs who are completetly normal in that sense, and these symptoms dosnt get better like the dry eyes hell, after applying that gel… Again im not claiming in any way that i know whats wrong, im just sharing my thoughts, and trying to find a solution, even if it means i die trying…(Accepting that in 10 years from now, im just an old man, with a limp dick, and ppl would stare at me with “what a poor guy, whose dick is not working”, and then laughing and making jokes about it (Becuz come on, every one of us made some jokes about such stuff before getting sick ourselves)…This thought, i just demonstrated makes me wanna kill myself or die trying to get better at least…

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought we were talking about buying of alibaba. Looks good to me. $8000 for 3 months :thinking:

I would say there is a balance between depressing oneself unnecessary by thinking too much about worst case scenarios, and being too passive and just not doing anything until you realized you missed all the most important things in life and will be viewed as a lone loser.

Maybe the best strategy is to just not think about the future much, but make sure that one is doing something to advance probability of getting cure and try to enjoy progressing the other areas of life in meantime.

Regarding TRT, I took it for two years and I literally felt nothing from it. Neither better nor worse. Even when I came off (when one ordinarily feels bad because of suppressed levels), I felt the same.

You can see the pattern of people freaking out and vainly trying all kinds of witch doctor kinds of things here, then getting demoralized and quitting. Then coming back a couple years later panicked and flailing again. The best would be if the community as whole could be working away methodically at advancing research.

No, TRT doesn’t help me. It made me worse.

You took TRT for 2 years?..Did you have any symptoms of androgen deficiency before taking TRT, and did they persist while on it ?(Away from genital anesthesia, Libido loss, etc…)…Im talking about other androgen deficiency symptoms, that cant be caused by possible neurological damage (Like beard growth, body hair, dry skin, dry eyes, muscle wasting (although this one can be neurolgical related as well, since the signals from the brain may promote muscle growth, and without them muscles might atrophy)…
I really need to understand, wehther the receptors are damaged, which means they are 100000% damaged, that even TRT brings nothing to us, or if they are working, in this case all other symptoms of androgen deficiency would have resolved (Except for the ones that are neurological: including loss of libido and genital anesthesia etc…, look for neurotoxicity on wikipedia to get what i mean)…The brain controls almost everything, and if all other symptoms of androgen defciency get resolved on TRT except for genital anesthesia, libido loss, etc, then it clearly (although not 100%) shows that receptors should be working (And if they work in the eyes, skin, muscles etc…, why the hell should they not work in the genital area)…This would be for me (Although very weak, since i can never test it) a proof, that this shit is neurological, and the low Testosteron that almost everyone gets, is just a symptom of the nruological damage, that cause many other symptoms, but addressing the low T is definietly not the way to treat this disease…Please everyone who tried TRT share with me their experience

I had T levels around 500 which isn’t disastrous but on the low side. Yes I had all the symptoms of low T, but so do people who are depressed, so you never really know what the cause is. Was I depressed because of low T? Apparently not. The general experience here is that TRT does not help. It just screws around with your hormone levels. If your T levels are very low, then yeah sure do it to eliminate low T as an explanation for your problems, maybe. But if they are only somewhat low then I think it does more harm than good. A lot of people think that TRT will give them superpowers or something. I think it’s one of those things that easy to grasp for. Like taking Tibulus. T isn’t some kind of magically cure all, though, and when you go on TRT, the longer you are on it the more you risk becoming permanently dependent on it and never being able to have kids.

I would never touch T at all to be honest…Why the hell should i?..I highly doubt, it will make me feel my body again, smell, and taste again like normal person let alone functioning as a male again…I really think low T is a consequence of depression+neurological damage+diminished neurogenesis and not the other way around, and if i cant repair the neurological issues, there is no way that substitiuting a hormone would would cure me…(All recovery stories i read, and talked to, said to me, that first the depression, insomnia, brain fog cleared up, and then they got their sexual function back…So for me the path is simply clear…No TRT…Try everything to repair the brain…
Concerns about depletion of ALLO production is for me not understandable, if you ever looked at the Meclangi paper comparison bewtween normal ppl, and PFS patients…
PFS patients almost have no Neurosteroids (I know im exagerrating, but the Difference is really big between heathy and pfs )…So if we have little to no production, why the hell should i fear risking my non existing Allo production…Its the other way around…Im having concerns of waiting too much and depreiving my Brain cells of Allo, since this can cause permanent damage and structural changes to the brain circuits…

1 Like

Yes if I could afford it I would be trying Sage 217 myself. I don’t think it will downregulate ALLO. But best to check on that. As I seem to recall, since it is an analog rather than ALLO itself, it will not cause negative feedback. But best to check on that. Ganaxolone also is an ALLO analog. Maybe someone else here knows the science better. It’s been a long time since Ive read up on it and don’t have the ability right now to go back into it.

1 Like

I already did my study on that…Most likely it should even restore Allo-Production, since it should help with major depression when nothing else has helped…There was only one study i read, that Allo upregulates its own production in Mice, through a positive Feedback loop…Which seems pretty understandable, becuz depressed ppl have low Neurosteroids, and after their depression clears up, the neurosteroids production is restored (Ofc im not pretending to know it all, im just speculating, exactly like anyone else)…The main concern, is altering the composition of GABA receptors, becuz Allo does that, but every time i come to" it might worsen me", i remember the study of Meclangi, that we dont have any in comparison with healthy functioning males, so why the hell should i be worried, that Allo would make any big difference in my brain…The other thing that worries me ofc, that it might help a lot, but one should take it for life, which i have no problem with (FFS i took every supplement in the book, and ready to do so my whole life, if it helps), but the cost factor is a major problem (Fck you MERCK, im betting the CEO is drinking some aged whisky in his own jet plane, wearing his fcking rolex, while i worry about my own health becuz of his shit company)…sigh

2 Likes

I am more unhappy about that the first principal of medicine is supposed to be “Do no harm”. Since it is the case that they occasionally inevitably will, I think the FDA should have companies set aside a portion of their profits for automatic study of ways to remediate the effects when they do. To me it’s criminal to have all research money going toward development of new drugs and none going to undoing harm. But there’s not point in thinking about that stuff. It doesn’t help us. We can only help ourselves. It effectively makes us worse when we get hung up on should’ve beens. Life is about moving past setbacks.

If we think that just because something SHOULD be some way, then it WILL be that way, then we double penetrate ourselves and then it becomes OUR fault we didn’t get cured. Nobody is going to come rescue use. The cure will come from the work we do as a community to get research done, and it won’t come until we do that.

4 Likes

Though I don’t live extremely close to any of the sites, I was thinking of seeing if I could take part in that trial for SAGE-217 for depression. Does anyone know how to apply for such a study? Do you have to have a medical doctor refer you? I emailed the contact email asking about the trial last week but received no response.

I find Sage an interesting potential option for sure. After using Finasteride (which was prescribed over the years to me by FIVE different doctors!) I have such skepticism in the safety of Pharmaceutical medications. What if Sage actually does nothing and in a few years all the people are writing in a forum on the Post Sage Syndrome website ? Just did for thought lol