Royal Jelly - A tonic to correct your hormone pattern??

I don’t think researchers will be investigating PFS sufferers and royal jelly - ever.

I figured it was time for another update on my royal jelly experience. So far it’s been 11 days on the stuff and, unlike magnesium and some of the hormone therapies, I continue to feel good. I would describe the improvements as 25% across the board. 25% improved cognitive function, 25% improvement in energy levels and a 25% improvement in libido. I also have a general feeling of well-being. As someone who has tried every single supplement out there I can say with confidence that this is the very best by far. I’m going to try to order the frozen stuff this evening

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking large doses of this stuff? I guess what I’m getting at is the question of it being dose dependent. If I take twice as much, would I see more of an improvement? What about four times the dose? And can taking royal jelly in high doses be harmful? I’m going to try taking more and see how I feel. I am feeling a lot better thus far but I’m greedy and want more gains.

I’m scheduled to have bloodwork in a few weeks and am very curious to see if the improvements of royal jelly show up in my bloodwork.

Taken from wikipedia:

Epigenetic effects

The honey bee queens and workers represent one of the most striking examples of environmentally controlled phenotypic polymorphism. In spite of their identical, clonal nature at the DNA level they are strongly differentiated across a wide range of characteristics including anatomical and physiological differences, the longevity of the queen and reproductive capacity.[6] Queens constitute the sexual caste and have large active ovaries, whereas workers have only rudimental inactive ovaries and are functionally sterile. The queen/worker developmental divide is controlled epigenetically by differential feeding with royal jelly; this appears to be due specifically to the protein royalactin. A female larva destined to become a queen is fed large quantities of royal jelly; this triggers a cascade of molecular events resulting in development into a queen.[3] It has been shown that this phenomenon is mediated by an epigenetic modification of DNA known as CpG methylation.[7] Silencing the expression of an enzyme that methylates DNA in newly hatched larvae led to a royal jelly-like effect on the larval developmental trajectory; the majority of individuals with reduced DNA methylation levels emerged as queens with fully developed ovaries. This finding suggests that DNA methylation in honey bees allows the expression of epigenetic information to be differentially altered by nutritional input.

Does this tell us anything?

From the changes of Prolactin down, LH up, and T up, and the iindicated effects on the pituitary, I’d guess it works far upstream on GNRH release. If we take that as the mechanism, Crazy Horny probably corresponds to what can happen with too much GNRH stimulation, and we should expect the same issues - eventual desensitization.

Once I buy some, I’ll approach it like HCG therapy - 2-3 times a week. I’m not sure whether to shoot for large initial doses, like I’ve heard people doing for HCG, or a slow ramping up to avoid desensitization.

Have there been estimates of how HCG and Free T blood levels change with twice weekly dosage? We’d probably want to replicate the Free T level changes over the week.

Joetz - Are you still taking the 1000 mg softgels or did you order another brand? How many mg per day? Any side issues? It looks like on the picture it’s from Y.S. Organic Bee Farm? (kind of hard to read).

Yeah it’s from Y.S. Organic Bee Farm. No really significant side issues so far. I also have spent 130 bucks last night shipping a 1kg bag of the frozen stuff.

Ever hear of that famous experiment with mice where they hardwired pleasure stim into their brains and gave the little mice a little button to push to activate the circuitry? The mice kept pushing the button until they died.

Sometimes I kind of feel like I’m a mouse and Royal Jelly is my pleasure button. I’ve taken 10,000 mg of Royal Jelly just today and if I had the means I’d fill a whole damn swimming pool up with the stuff and just dive in. My skin is getting oily and starting to break out, probably because of elevated hormone levels and maybe I’ll back down if I feel like the jelly is harming me in the next few days.

Fresh royal jelly is SUPER POTENT. do not, I repeat DO NOT over do it when you first start taking it. my skin also started to get oily while on it. You should try half a teaspoon AT MOST for a day or two and then see where you are at.

joetz, UK20 etc.

Which royal jelly are you taking exactly. Can you give the distributors’ names. Which one was the most effective?
Thanks.

I bought organic stuff off an ebay seller, I am trying to find a cheaper supplier though. If your in the U.S pm Bryce he is getting an amazing deal. if I could get it so cheap, I would buy a years worth.

I have begun using Bryce’s initially-posted supplier (has this changed, Bryce?):
ebeehoney.com/royaljelly.html

It’s been only a couple of days, nothing to report yet, just had a long, tiring weekend anyway. Let’s see where we’re at after 1-2 weeks of this.

Ihatepropecia702 has been using this:
iherb.com/Imperial-Elixir-Fresh-Royal-Jelly-17-6-oz-0-5-kg-Ice/16633?at=0

…and reports an extra boost in overall well being and sexual function above his continued gains with Nystatin therapy

My fresh jelly arrived today. I’m looking forward to reporting my findings

I think what is happening is the RJ is jacking up my testosterone levels. I have very oily skin, some more hair loss and when I shave the razor is clogged with very coarse hair.

I feel like my body is trying to push back somehow. I think with PFS, what makes things so complex is that the body seems to resist testosterone. Last night I got VERY heavy brain fog. I couldn’t think or remember anything and got disoriented in a neighborhood I normally know like the back of my hand

When I took 4000 mg of RJ in less than 30 minutes the fog lifted, but I am needing more and more RJ to feel good

Ordered my RJ yesterday and wasn’t there to pick it up this morning… Picking it up tmrw morning. I think it’ll be a total of 24 hours since shipping and will most likely be thawed out. Should I still try it out?

It is amazing how people on the ejaculatory anhedonia website are responding to royal jelly. I’m wondering if the positive effects being seen are because it acts like a SERM? It has been shown to have some estrogenic effects

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15946813 (Royal jelly has estrogenic effects in vitro and in vivo.)

Then there’s the rat studies claiming it increases FSH, LH, sperm count, weight of reproductive organs etc.

Probably true. I bought the stuff locally for $20-$30 per container from a reputable health food store(doesn’t mean some of their products aren’t complete garbage though).
I might try to get my hands on some of the “good shit” after my next round of blood tests to see if it does anything for me.

Absolutely still try it.

A lot of us are now having amazing benefits from Royal Jelly, this really needs to be looked into! any of you guys seeing a PFS doctor should ask why it works. Surely there are clues here.

Here are some links to pure stuff at a good price:

stakich.com/rfolder/royaljelly.htm

ebeehoney.com/royaljelly1kilo.html

I’m Using the same stuff uk20 is (he sent me a link) and I am having good results too… Sexually I feel the best I have so far since crashing 4 months ago! Anyone have a view on weather this will only be whilst on rj or if it could potentally correct any issues as the thread title suggests?

Took it the past 4 days. No changes.

No surprise. I respond to fuck all.

I’m the guy who was allergic to this stuff but lemme tell ya, it DID HELP. I’m hoping if they can distill the essence of this stuff in a non-allergenic form, I can continue taking it.

pills or the real stuff?

beeroyaljelly.net/health-benefits/impotency

The real organic stuff; same stuff as others in this thread have been taking.

I’m sure if i took big amounts it might help but it’s too expensive to experiment with given my initial failure.

I’ll stick with the spinach, probiotics and digestive enzymes for now.

I should add im still taking it, but not much left.