Review to an old topic " The gut microbiome "

The study in Italy found alterations in gut microbiota composition.

I wonder if this problem created a chain reaction of events, lets take a look:

In a study I found that alterations in gut microbiota composition is associated with endotoxemia

Altered gut microbiota after traumatic splenectomy is associated with endotoxemia.

Stress Induces Endotoxemia and Low-Grade Inflammation by Increasing Barrier Permeability

pro-inflammatory cytokines and acute phase proteins, while in low-grade inflammation, there is a sustained but only two to threefold increase in circulation pro-inflammatory mediators (1). Chronic low-grade inflammation is characteristic for many non-communicable diseases (NCDs) including diabetes type II, cardiovascular disorders, autoimmune diseases, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, and neurodegenerative pathologies, but until now the exact mechanism behind the elevated levels of inflammatory mediators found in these conditions is not well understood

Endotoxin-initiated inflammation reduces testosterone production in men of reproductive age

Do gut bacteria make a second home in our brains?

Changes in the gut microbiota may be involved in many neurological and psychological symptoms

Treatment of male rats with finasteride, an inhibitor of 5alpha-reductase enzyme, induces long-lasting effects on depressive-like behavior, hippocampal neurogenesis, neuroinflammation and gut microbiota composition

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306453018305067

Steroids, stress and the gut microbiome-brain axis

These studies provide strong evidence that the gut microbiota is influenced by gonadal steroid hormones and steroid levels can be altered by the gut microbiome .

Altered bile acid profile associates with cognitive impairment in
Alzheimer’s disease—An emerging role for gut microbiome

https://www.alzheimersanddementia.com/article/S1552-5260(18)33486-1/pdf

1 Like

I think when people hear gut health or gut microbiome there comes an immediate stigma.
What’s happening in the gut can extend to the entire body.

When someone thinks microbiome its more than just gut health.

There’s an eye microbiome, skin microbiome, testicle microbiome, urinary tract microbiome, lungs, stomach and a Prostate microbiome. (I also had read that article before on a possible brain microbiome, crazy thought.)
The lungs, stomach, everything they once thought was sterile, they are finding out its not.

The microbiome in prostate inflammation and prostate cancer.

Dying for love: Perimenopausal degeneration of vaginal microbiome drives the chronic inflammation-malignant transformation of benign prostatic hyperplasia to prostatic adenocarcinoma.

It is just an idea but I think that endotoxemia could be in the playground

I have insulin resistance since then, so it is probably because the alterations of the gut microbiota due Fin
Please take a look at the blue table
https://restorativemedicine.org//wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Krishnan_Metabolic-Endotoxemia.pdf

I had a blood test not too long ago for tnf-alpha trying to look at some pro-inflammatory markers or cytokines. It was the cheapest one to get out of my own pocket.
It was in range.
There’s a few others il-1, il-6.

I definitely think intestinal permeability (as opposed to “leaky Gut”) can play a role as well. You see changes across a wide range of diseases from CFS to AIDS.
Changes here can also trigger autoimmunity.

Ha. I’ve actually traded some emails with that guy. He researches and markets mainly soil based probiotics. I watched a video on autism he related to the microbiome. I think he also was looking at using his soil based probiotics to treat leaky gut in AIDS or HIV positive patients.

LPS is the one related to endotoxemia, check the link above and the blue table and let me know what do you think, if you want to contact me by phone and talk, leave a message in my inbox.

Im not a big phone talker. It looks like these are the most measurable (and accessible tests)

“This increase in serum endotoxin concentration is followed by elevated inflammation that is
marked by measurable increases in interleukin-6, interleukin-1-alpha, interferon-gamma,
triglycerides and post-prandial insulin.”

I definitely believe in this, or a dysbiosis shift in general. Is this something that could happen as fast as one pill? You knock down the wrong bacteria as part of a drugs mechanism of action, in turn you give opportunistic bacteria a window and thats that.(Theory.) and Im not talking about just the gut.
They treat initial lyme Disease with just one pill.

1 Like

I agree with you about the gut microbiome, studies had found in the brain the same microbiome found in the gut.
Restoring the gut microbiome is the first step to address PFS, and it is really hard to normalize it, I don’t think that probiotics going to restore it at pre-finasteride level.
Maybe a fecal transplant.

3 Likes

I spoke few years ago with doctor. He said that microbiota weight 2 kilograms so tablet who weight only 5grams or less not gonna work.He recommended probiotic from Amway. Unfortunately it is only available in the USA.

1 Like

Everyone knows that gut health is important, these days. You should prioritise it whether you took Propecia, Accutane, or SSRIs, or none of them. Maintaining your gut health is not specific to users of Propecia, Accutane or SSRIs. Just go ahead and look after it. It will give you health benefits regardless of whether you took a dangerous, prescribed medication.

1 Like

Polyamines cause elevation of steroid 5α-reductase mRNA levels by suppressing mRNA degradation in C6 glioma cells

Polyamines are widely distributed in living organisms, and considered to play a potential role in various cellular processes
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/262115106_Polyamines_cause_elevation_of_steroid_5a-reductase_mRNA_levels_by_suppressing_mRNA_degradation_in_C6_glioma_cells

Polyamines and Gut Microbiota

Histone deacetylase inhibitors promote neurosteroid-mediated cell differentiation

Please check my last post

Result that Butyrate is a product from the gut microbiota.

According to the viome testing I had my buyrate production needs improvement.
78 percent of who they have tested had higher buyrate production.

“Gene expression data points us to the active pathways that tell us what your microbes are doing and what it means for your overall functional activity patterns. Pathway analysis allows us to suggest actionable diet and supplement recommendations with molecular-level precision.”

Understanding Your Score

• About Butyrate Production Pathways

This score assesses the levels of activity of all microbial pathways that lead to the production of a beneficial nutrient - butyrate. Butyrate is a short-chain fatty acid known to beneficially affect many wellness areas from gut lining to insulin sensitivity and satiety (feeling full). A score that needs improvement means that your microbial butyrate production could really use a good boost! Individuals with low butyrate production activity would benefit from supplements or foods that either feed or add butyrate producing microbes into your gut ecosystem.

What are microbial pathways?

What is butyrate?

Butyrate Production Pathways Key

Reference Ranges:

Needs Improvement represents 22% of Viome customers, including both healthy and unhealthy individuals.

Average represents 51% of Viome customers, including both healthy and unhealthy individuals.

Good represents 27% of Viome customers, including both healthy and unhealthy individuals.

This is a cool figure to keep in mind right here. The question is whats truly a probiotic? what are you targeting? The large or small intestine?
Funny to see propionibacterium in the stomach. Accutane users know that might be pretty wiped out.

Here’s one example of what might be possible,

Lactobacillus plantarum TW1-1 Alleviates Diethylhexylphthalate-Induced Testicular Damage in Mice by Modulating Gut Microbiota and Decreasing Inflammation

Diethylhexylphthalate (DEHP), acting as an endocrine disruptor, disturbed reproductive health. Here, we evaluated the effects of Lactobacillus plantarum TW1-1 ( L. plantarum TW1-1) on DEHP-induced testicular damage in adult male mice. Results showed that oral supplementation of L. plantarum TW1-1 significantly increased the serum testosterone concentration, enhanced the semen quality, and attenuated gonad development defects in DEHP-exposed mice. L. plantarum TW1-1 also alleviated DEHP-induced oxidative stress and inflammatory responses by decreasing the mRNA expression and serum protein concentration of different inflammatory factors [tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin (IL)-1β and IL-6]. Furthermore, L. plantarum TW1-1 significantly reduced DEHP-induced intestinal hyper-permeability and the increase in the serum lipopolysaccharide level.

Our microbiome are fuck

Could any of You for the gods sake test gut theory by doing several fmt… I know some guys here tryed it without sucess, but in pssd and pfs community there ate constantly rumors that fmt may work. None of the pssd sufferers tryed it since one member was cured more than 1 year ago.

1 Like

There are many variables to this. They arent even sure why some fecal transplants work and some dont. Also a person just died from one recently.
They have looked at what they call a super donor and what specific bacteria are effective. Some theorize a dominance of Bifido equals success. (a keystone type bacteria)
They are also looking at blood type and even something similar to being a organ donor, where the body accepts or rejects the transplant.
Then what about everything past the large intestine? What if thats what should be targeted to protect from bacterial translocation from the large intestine.
A person can also swallow fecal capsules that seem to be nearly as effective as rectal delivery.
So now your right back to looking at probiotics for a more targeted (safe) approach.
Again, Alot of variables.

^ I believe this is the guy doing the youtube interviews

I am doing pretty well, only taking (calcium magnesium butyrate) and (sodium B-hydroxybutyrate).
Both supplements are really good for the brain, butyrate also is really good for the gut microbiome.

1 Like
1 Like

Great find man. When was this published? Two days ago. You see they are just scratching the surface with some of this.

“Previous studies from our lab and others showed that specific bacteria promote serotonin levels in the gut,” Fung said. “Our new study tells us that certain gut bacteria can respond to serotonin and drugs that influence serotonin, like anti-depressants. This is a unique form of communication between bacteria and our own cells through molecules traditionally recognized as neurotransmitters.”

The team’s research on Turicibacter aligns with a growing number of studies reporting that anti-depressants can alter the gut microbiota. “For the future,” Hsiao said, “we want to learn whether microbial interactions with antidepressants have consequences for health and disease.” Hsiao wrote a blog post for the journal about the new research.

2 Likes

Read this article:
https://www.viome.com/blog/feel-hercules-hack-your-gut-optimal-performance
We can have a gut microbiome composition test, as soon I have a chance I will get this test done.

https://www.viome.com/

https://www.viome.com/products

Dysbiosis of Gut Microbiome and Its Impact on Epigenetic Regulation

1 Like

To look at a little credibility with Viome, (also I see Ubiome just filed for bankruptcy)
Results wont be quick, it took 6 weeks to get mine. Unless that’s gotten better.

I sent them a email because I thought the testing would show how active certain bacteria are compared to possibly a normal population and this is what they sent me, (so they have more information right now then what they are currently releasing, but it looks like that will change in the near future.)

“Viome recently became register with CLIA and became the very first in the world to receive such approval for the advanced metatranscriptomic sequencing technology. Due to these regulations we need to have certain aspects of the results (i.e. activity levels of organisms) certified before they can be put back into the app. We will notify our customers when these features are ready to be put back into the app/your Viome account.”

Precision Therapeutics’ Subsidiary Helomics to Collaborate with Viome to Explore the Impact of the Gut Microbiome on Ovarian Cancer

Mayo Clinic to Collaborate with Viome on AI-Driven Personalized Nutritional Strategies to Help Understand Sleep and Obesity

1 Like

In a routine blood work right after start taking propecia my fasting glucose levels was 110 my doctor told me that it was a red flag, My fasting glucose level remain basically unchanged until now.

How gut bacteria negatively influences blood sugar levels

and I don’t even want to talk about sleep problems

The Role of Microbiome in Insomnia, Circadian Disturbance and Depression

Impact of microbiota on central nervous system and neurological diseases: the gut-brain axis