Reversing Gene Expression back to Normal

you see im familiar with these cases of vascular networks developing to save the life. its really a hopeful thing to know about, and im glad your sister was saved with this mechanism. I wonder what sort of requirements are needed to trigger this sort of regeneration

2 Likes

Well, neuroplasticity of the brain can do wonders too. We just need to find the way to access it.

3 Likes

I have further progress. My sleep keeps improving, my eyes are not burning anymore (a first in 7 years, which is 4 years before I crashed) and my lips are still dry after a shower, but much less so.
My body odors returned naturally without androgenic herbs. Although they seem to fluctuate, it’s also a first since I crash that I can have body odors naturally. And my morning woods don’t wake me up much. I wake up 3-4 times in the morning, very drowsy, and go back to sleep right away compared to 2 years ago when I would either not go back to sleep or wake up more than a dozen times. I reduced sleeping herbs.
Anhedonia is gone. This one is only noticeable when it comes back ! I constantly sing in my head, it’s nice !

Unrelated, my freckles. which are the result of epigenetic damage to my skin after a heavy sun burn 31 years ago, are 80% gone. A dermatologist told me I would have them for life, there’s no treatment (except repairing the epigenome, but how a doctor would know that ?)

I’m 3 1/2 year post crash. I’m confident I’ll be fully recovered by the 5-6 years mark.

I wish you all success !

5 Likes

Further improvements: Morning woods don’t wake me up anymore, I have full nights. My lips are a little bit dry after shower but I don’t require Vaseline anymore (a first in 7 years, which is 4 years before I crashed). Body odors are firmly set. eyes still not burning.

Last improvements were posted 15 days ago. I’m improving faster then I thought.

I still sometime have high glutamate before sleep, which seems to correlate to having done more weight lifting and/or having had sex. I think it’s due to elevated androgen.

I’ll wait a little more and maybe attempt tapering sleeping meds.

4 Likes

have you been on a keto diet without interruption all this time? what dose of benzo are you taking?

I was reading up on epigenetic drugs last night, and I found out that short chain fatty acids are used as epigenetic drugs: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4251063/

“Similar to HDAC proteins, HDACi are also structurally diverse. HDACi can be categorized into several groups according to structure, including short-chain fatty acids, hydroxamic acids, epoxyketones, and benzamides.”

Which is interesting because some members on this forum have experience positive effects from butyrate supplements, and butyrate is a short chain fatty acid: Review to an old topic " The gut microbiome "

@gabriele Three years and a half on a ketogenic diet. I"m taking 3.5mg of clonazepam once a day before sleep and I really wish to stop.

@RockyMountaineer : This is very interesting indeed. 80% of the ketone bodies produced while in ketosis are BHB, which is Beta-HydroxyButyrate. I get more than 100 gr of BHB a day. Butyrate or butyric acid changes into BHB to be used by the body as fuel. But it has many other properties.

1 Like

If you want to try to stop benzo in the right way, send an email to him beatingbenzos@outlook.com
Told him your benzo story and ask for a taper plan, also read the ashton manual.
Usually he made a taper plan like 10% every 4 weeks, but for every body is different, i hope him can help you, ciao

1 Like

I have a question also, did you notice an improvement on sleep with one or two weeks no fap?

I can’t say I noticed. I may have slept better with faping but I was also sleeping good before I started faping again.

Things are moving faster for me. I did 2 months no faping, sex drive went up, I faped once and then everyday after that. Sex drive is definitely up but not at previous levels yet.

Thanks for the contact for stopping benzos ! I will stop the benzos first before the sleeping herbs as benzos interfere with a glutamate blocking amino acid that works very well to treat high glutamate insomnia and does nothing for other types of insomnia.

1 Like

I’m gonna DM u

Update: My 5ar keeps rising. Sex drive is getting stronger and I feel turned on by girls on the street, even though they may not be that pretty, and that’s a first since I crashed. I could tell a girl was pretty, but I wouldn’t get aroused like I do now just by looking at pretty legs. Sex life is back to normal.
My lips are not burning at all anymore but may feel a little dry after shower. Eyes are fine. My hair have started falling and they’re now falling faster. (If I go bald, I’ll grow a thick beard !)

On the other hand, morning wood are waking me up again, they last for hours and my sleep is getting worst. That sometime gives me brain fog and makes it more difficult to function normally. My guess is that my DHT is increasing and my AR are still too expressed (sensitive) for this higher level of androgen I’m now having.

One might see a regression but I think having more 5ar and DHT is a move in the right direction. My body just needs to re-balance to the higher androgen environment. I still eat ketogenic and do tricks to repair the epigenome as I believe it contributes. I crashed almost 4 years ago. No doubt time has been a major element for the improvements.

I’m the eternal optimist. I believe !

5 Likes

What would you say the most helpful thing towards healing was? I remember you were on carnivore

How do you know your 5ar enzymes ‘keep rising’?

2 Likes

In my opinion, the ketogenic / carnivore, one meal a day diet helped the most. However I can’t say 5ar came back because of it. I believe time did that but I will never know why it came back…

1 Like

5ar makes hair fall. But really I can’t prove anything because I didn’t test.

1 Like

Gee. It feels like part of me is going through puberty again. I’m having acne. I didn’t have pimples since I was 16 yo…
And I almost had a god damned wet dream the other night…

What’s next ? I sell my companies and I buy myself a GameBox and a scooter ?

This is full of surprises…

3 Likes

Your sleep it’s going better with the new puberty?? Lol

Lol !!! No.

But I’m sure it will. Over time, I did all this progress to the point where my 5ar came back. Now that it came back, again with time, I will most likely continue to progress in the right direction.

My lips are now just barely dry after shower. Still noticeable but not an issue. I can use this metric as a measure. It’s my version of dry skin. I’m still in the right direction with my 5ar back to the point I lose my hair.

1 Like

great for you, i’m reacting badly to many supplements and medicines and foods, i don’t know what to do anymore, i’m seriously thinking about ending it,