Reversing silenced AR signal with demethylating agents - A promising treatment option?

I will.

Reading the article I posted above, I understand why my sleep has been deteriorating: I’ve been taking 10 gr. a day of Collagen peptides, which increases Glutamate and lowers GABA. It also explains why I had headaches, which I though were things of the past now that I’m ketogenic.

Very informative. The most thorough article I’ve read on GABA and it’s relationship to Glutamate, and also a good cue as to why some of us are more prone to neurological symptoms. A must read…

Also confirms my approach on the ketogenic diet, as well as magnesium, vitamin D, K and A supplementation as well as B6.

1 Like

What was your sulforaphane regimen again? On the one hand I’m eager to try this, but on the other I am scared of trying it out because of the admins’ admonishment about sulforaphane being an antiandrogen and the potentially huge risk that entails.

On the safe side, I would take 1/4 tsp a day for 3 days along with Broccoli extract 1/8 spoon. Then 4 days off.

On the bold side, I take 1 tps a day for 3 days along with Broccoli extract 1/8 spoon. Then 4 days off.

I haven’t done that continuously for months, I just do it once in a while.

I bought sulforaphane , then realized 2.000 mcg that it has is just super miserable amount. Going to try different brand.

have sulforaphane improved sexual sides ?

Ozeph

have sulforaphane improved sexual sides ?
Ozeph, did Sulforaphane improved your libido ?

All sexual symptoms takes time to improve. More so than the neurological ones.

If you take a look at Ozeph Regimen and Supplement you will see what I’ve been doing for the last 6 months and there’s the whole detail of it on Amino Acid For neurological symptoms (the post is so long, reading it should help you fall asleep)

My opinion and especially after reading This article:
https://www.jacobsladdercenter.com/doc/research/other/How-to-Increase-GABA-and-Balance-Glutamate.pdf

Sex drive is decreased not only by androgen imbalance and androgen receptor inhibition, but by excess Glutamate and lack of GABA (which is also the cause of the neurological symptoms). Sulforaphane was supposed to increase GABA, it turned out to increase Dopamine, Serotonin and most likely GABA although I have no proof of that.

My sex drive has improved. If I have to attribute it to a single cause, it would be the carnivore / ketogenic diet.
But if you look at my regimen, I’ve been taking so many supplements it’s hard to know which one is responsible.

I guess it’s a coincidence, but lots of what I take is also mentioned in the article.

If you try anything I did, start slowly and stop at first sign of trouble. Don’t be stubborn, that’s how people get worst.

I’m just putting a placeholder here really, but also to direct the (I don’t mind adfmitting, much cleverer) other members to sodium butyrate, which I’ve also used. Might have the potential to help, I’m not sure. Anyone fancy a read?

As I always try to mention in the same breath, Axo and Awor and others warn (with very very good reason) about the dangers of anto-androgens, but improvements of my own coincide with use of sulforaphane as per @NYscientist.

Just sticking this up for others to look at, I don’t claim I “know” anything at all really. Any good to anyone?

EDIT - I did also email Dr Rhonda Patrick to ask a proper expert about sulforaphane and direct her at our cause. If she does find time to reply she’d be a super asset on this angle I think.

1 Like

So basically Sulforaphane didn’t improve your sexual sides.

1 Like

I don’t think it did. It may have contributed, but I took too little, too late and most of my sex drive was back before I took Sulforaphane. So it was not a major contributor to me.

So has anyone be able to try Procaine or other methylation drugs to cure PFS? I couldn’t find the Procaine in my pharmacy.

I recently came across this study that seems to say the opposite on penis tissues.

So from what I understand it could be more like an insulin resistance variation but for androgen in targeted tissues.

Why not trying then to lower DHT something like 30% to see if sexual sides get better?

Im trying Butyrate, and I expect to try procaine if I think it effects me.

What is the science in using Procaine? Does it work as methyl or demethyl agent? I will also use Butyrate + BHB, thinking our problem was too much methyl radicals…

It serves as demethyl agent, im doing quite high with butyrate lately, let see where this go.

@awor, have you ever used Procaine? Did you get results from this? How is your sexual function today?

Please use the search function. It literally takes seconds to look for „@awor procaine“.

4 Likes

How are you doing? Did you try Procaine yet?

1 Like

Any updates on this

I couldn’t find it on there website

“Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.”

2 Likes