Progesterone treatment?

Why you don’t try and share results for yourself? Time passes. :slight_smile:

My plan is to do this. I already bought BHB from Bulksupplements and Butyrate from Bodybio. I’m waiting for both to arrive. I will use both for a few days (along with a ketogenic diet) and also do a prostate ultrasound.

If my prostate is a normal size, or enlarged (which I doubt it is), I will test Biovea progesterone.

If it’s stunted, I won’t use a progesterone.

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Why only if prostate is affected?

I read in some topics that progesterone shrinks the prostate, and usually the prostate of those who used 5ari is usually small.

But, I have no scientific evidence on this.

1 Like

Also, can someone understand this?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-29520-5

The results of my prostate ultrasound are ready. The result was 4 x 2.5 x 2.7 cm, with an estimated weight of 15.3g. My doctor said the size is normal, but what still leaves me in doubt:

A) Is this really a normal size or a smaller size? Will progesterone further reduce the size of my prostate?

B) My E-2 is at 19, in a range of “IND - 34”. If I use progesterone, will my E-2 decrease even more? I think I’ll test tiny doses to see what happens.

C) Should I use Vitamin B6 P-5-P along, or is it a waste of money?

Thanks for sharing you experience

No you didn’t

Anyone recently tried progesterone?

I wonder what happened to the guy that was on here years ago who claimed progesterone cured PFS ?

I’ve been using progesterone before bed every night. Only a small amount at around 2.5-5mg. Hard to say if It’s helping or not to be honest, I’m just doing it anyway.

You don’t want to continuously use progesterone at high doses. People do this and feel great, then it accumulates in their system and it starts to cause negative effects. Progesterone is to men what testosterone is to women, we do not need much.

Progesterone is also HPTA suppressive according to LeoandLongevity. So you only really want to be taking it if you are on TRT.

I intend to try it soon.

1 Like

Guys, if im correct, Progesterone will work on PFS for the neurosteroid issues. BUT it will upregulate the already upregulated AR’s from PFS. It is an AR antagonist, antagonists actually upregulate the receptors.

So in theory, you will fix your NS’s with Prog, but actually make your Androgen Receptor situation worse.

So, the logical thing to do is to first fixing the Receptor overexpression, taking strong Androgenic Agents and pushing far as much as necessary for your body to downregulate the receptors.

Then later you will need a PCT and need to fix the NS’s.

You can use Progesterone to fix the neurosteroids… But, HCG itself will kill two birds with one stone. It will work as an LH and fix your balls (PCT) while fixing the neurosteroid issue too.

Then you will wait, for your supressed LH from HCG to finally came back to normal and maybe use low dose Clomid (Preferably Tamoxifen or Enclomiphene) to speed up the process and put an end to this nightmare.

I think that’s the general pictue. Many people i know use this method. Hope it works out for everyone. :dizzy:

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on your comment a bit? I have some honest questions.

Why do you say that progesterone upregulates ARs? Is this a well-known fact in the medical community, or a hypothesis from our own community? If it’s a hypothesis, I can ask my doctor (who does hormone therapy for patients) what he thinks. And he’s also corresponding with Dr. Powers so I could also ask him to reach out to Powers for his thoughts.

What are some of those strong androgenic agents? Is HCG an example? If so, which HCG dosage is best? The joekool one?

What is a PCT?

2 Likes

From my understanding, androgen receptors actually upregulate further when exposed to anabolic androgenic steroids. I have read the primary benefit from taking steroids is actually the androgen receptor upregulation, and not the actual serum concentration of hormones.

1 Like

I edited one of my messages in Androgen Receptor Overexpression thread in science section.

@BibFortuna You really need to ask this to your doctors. But you can also read the studies yourself.

Here is the thing, you can find some studies, saying Progesterone upregulates the AR. And there are some which saying the opposite. And some stuides couldn’t be able to conclude an idea… I said it does upregulates the AR’s because people i talked with experienced this on themselves. Plus, if you look the studies, generally there are more information and proof that it antagonizes AR’s. There are few small anectodes which can state the otherwise.

I am going to edit my messages when i will become sure about this. That was a mistake of me. But im sure, the things i said are %80 will turn up as true. Because many people, and the guy i talked with currently, recovers himself with this premises. I need to eliminate the last %20. Here are the things i can answer:

HCG is not an strong androgenic agent, but, depends on the dose, however higher dosages showed Leydig Cell desensitization, a very well known thing. So, people use HCG for PCT, or testicular (secondary) hypogonadism.

You can take various steroids, Trestolone, TRT or Proviron. Thats what i meant with strong androgens.

Post Cycle Theraphy. A term used by bodybuilders. Main idea is fixing your HPTA, gonad shutdown after androgens. Mainly, LH.

1 Like

I have 4 studies confirming this, but also many other studies saying the otherwise. And the main idea behind how some PFS cases recovered with androgens is simple. Studies confirmed that PFS patients have overexpressed AR.

So if androgens meant to increase the AR expression further, how come did they recover? We know many PFS cases who recovered with androgen supplementation. They downregulated them with androgens. And i took Accutane, it is known to actually downregulate the AR’s…

And i tried androgens
which probably downregulated them further, thats why i am not seeing any benefits… That’s just a guess though. All we can do is guessing…

IF main reason of PAS is actually AR downregulation, opposite of PFS, then taking androgens should have worked for me and many other PAS cases i closely know… But it seems only PFS people can see benefit from androgens which logically explains my initial theory… IF the premises are right.

I will get to a conclusion, but i need to discuss those 4 conflicting studies with some people who know the science of it. I could post more for both of them, but my eyes hurt and im so angry.

These ones say androgens downregulated the AR’s. On particular tissues that examined, on rats. Different setup, different variables.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/9/4043/2845674

These say the opposite, different variables, and protocols.

All i can say is, Modern Medicine is just a joke. A big one without the punchline.

1 Like

From my humble understanding from hours and hours of reading medical journals, there is no single flat effect from any substance on the body. Diversity in cell and tissue types, internal environment factors and content of the cells, dosage, and duration of use - all these and many other factors are able to dramatically change the effect of a substance.

Also, downregulation, upregulation, sensitization, and desensitization are not magical effects. It requires the whole cascade of reactions to happen in the cell. For example, androgens can act directly through nuclear receptors and control the DNA replication of thousands of genes. This process requires many cofactors, also many other substances can interfere with it. Also, androgens can act through membrane receptors and change the state of the cell. And any of these changes can induce other changes, and the cascade may eventually lead to the desired effect.

We need clinical trials to confirm any substance effect in a majority of people. Or maybe some sort of full biological simulation in the future. There is no other way to definitely know the answer. Research papers are more like clues and hints, but not the answer.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I’m personally 8 weeks into testosterone treatment at 250mg/wk. TT at 1700ng/dl, FT at 40ng/dl. I’ve only noticed positive improvements thus far. I may experiment at 500mg/wk or with proviron in the future.

2 Likes

What kind of treatment are you doing? And what are the positives so far?