Progesterone treatment?

I would like to revive this thread. Can people give some updates as to their progesterone experiences?

1 Like

I used 2.5mg of progesterone cream daily for about a week. Felt improvements pretty quickly, but then I got quite a lot worse, especially sexually. I also got “real” depression (negative thoughts as opposed the usual absence of feeling). So I stopped.

Many people here have said it’s a zig zag ride with progesterone, but my setback was so much bigger than my improvements that I couldn’t justify continuing.

It’s possible that I need to combine it with some other supplements or hormones, but I don’t know what that would be. Testosterone? Pregnenolone?

Makes me wonder if we have something similar to autoimmune progesterone dermatitis.

Dr Will pretends he treated, with success, plenty of patients with PFS and the cure is … progesterone 100/200mg and pregnenolone … but you need to take them rectally.

Did he state how much pregnenolone he used? I couldn’t see it in the thread.

Nope. I’m trying 50mg rectally and 100mg oral. And 100mg of progesterone rectally and around 50mg topically.

Progesterone crashed me. I took it with pregnenolone for a week. I read the bottle wrong and thought that one pump was 20mg when actually 1/4 tsp was 20 mg. So the small pump I was doing was probably like 20-30mg. Anyways I felt great for a week then crashed. Mostly recovered to baseline I think. 2 weeks later I thought maybe I’d try it again but with a much smaller dose, in the 6mg range. Crashed immediately, horrible panic attack that lasted 9 hours. My dick, which had mostly returned to a normal looking dick, shrunk up tiny with hard flacid and curvature got worse. Libido went to zero. It’s been almost a week and things are starting to look better. Still not back to baseline. Libido still zero. Fingers crossed things improve. Needless to say I will not be trying progesterone again.

2 Likes

Can people give some updates as to their progesterone experiences? I have low prog and cortisol (above then references) and want to try this.

Just an update. After I crashed I returned to base after about a week. Maybe a bit better than before? Hard to quantify.

But do you still have severe ED?

Anyone try progesterone with butyrate? Butyrate is hdac inhibitor. I’m wondering if these crashes are due to epigenetic block that prevents normal homeostasis.

It would be interesting to try taking butyrate like moonchild suggested for a few weeks and then try progesterone. That way you block hdac and methylation and prevent/reverse epigenetic silencing and then use progesterone to boost neurosteroids etc.

I never had severe ED. What gave you that idea?

Why you don’t try and share results for yourself? Time passes. :slight_smile:

My plan is to do this. I already bought BHB from Bulksupplements and Butyrate from Bodybio. I’m waiting for both to arrive. I will use both for a few days (along with a ketogenic diet) and also do a prostate ultrasound.

If my prostate is a normal size, or enlarged (which I doubt it is), I will test Biovea progesterone.

If it’s stunted, I won’t use a progesterone.

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Why only if prostate is affected?

I read in some topics that progesterone shrinks the prostate, and usually the prostate of those who used 5ari is usually small.

But, I have no scientific evidence on this.

1 Like

Also, can someone understand this?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-29520-5

The results of my prostate ultrasound are ready. The result was 4 x 2.5 x 2.7 cm, with an estimated weight of 15.3g. My doctor said the size is normal, but what still leaves me in doubt:

A) Is this really a normal size or a smaller size? Will progesterone further reduce the size of my prostate?

B) My E-2 is at 19, in a range of “IND - 34”. If I use progesterone, will my E-2 decrease even more? I think I’ll test tiny doses to see what happens.

C) Should I use Vitamin B6 P-5-P along, or is it a waste of money?

Thanks for sharing you experience