*** Post your VITAMIN D (25-OH / 25-hydroxyvitamin D) result

Yeah you want the d3 captules

visionquest,

softgels are what you want. This is the one I have been getting. I purchase it in store rather than online. It costs 10.00. I have yet to see to a better deal for this product, at 5,000 iu & 400 caps. Clearly it is being absorbed by looking at my bloodwork. Iā€™ll repost my results after the new dosage.

samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1180817

These are the ones i used

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vitamin-D3-D-10-000-IU-10000-IU-120-Softgels-LOW-PRICE-/230537847065?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item35ad206119

Given my vit d3 levels were the highest ever posted on here im assuming they work !!!

Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy 2/3/2011

Vitamin D 25 OH Total 47 (33-100 ng/ml)
Vitamin D 25 OH D3 47 (33-100 ng/ml)

My latest update of my Vitamin D value is (20-58) 22.4

I took the supplements 5 months.
the first 2 months I sometimes took up to 6,000 units daily and the last 3 months about 2,000 daily.
itā€™s still in the lower range .
I quit taking Vit D supplements 1 week before I made my bloodtest. So at least I got it up from 6.0 to 22.4.
I donā€™t want to start a discussion because that would be off topic but can somebody send me a privat message to tell me whether I should get my dose up to 3,000 units a day or should I take the injections ?
that would be very nice of you

29.9 (31.0-100.0 ng/ml)

also contracted osteonecrosis of both hips.

7/22/2010
vitamin D, 25-hydroxy 43 ng/ml range: 30-100
vitamin D, 25-oh,D3 43 ng/ml
vitamin D, 25-oh,D2 <4 ng/ml (D2 is a measure of the amount of vitamin d obtained through supplementation and diet)

2/6/2010
vitamin D, 25-hydroxy 31 ng/ml range: 30-100
vitamin D, 25-oh,D3 31 ng/ml
vitamin D, 25-oh,D2 <4 ng/ml

05/14/2011 - Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy - 45 [30 - 150] ng/mL
07/09/2011 - Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy - 40 [30 - 150] ng/mL
08/03/2011 - Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy - 36 [30 - 150] ng/mL

<20 ng/mL suggests deficiency
20-29 ng/mL suggests a relative insufficiency
30-150 ng/mL suggests a sufficient level

150 ng/mL toxic level

Iā€™m not directly supplementing, but I do drink milk and the Simply Orange brand orange juice with Vitamin D and calcium.
Interestingly in my case my level has been dropping even though Iā€™ve been more exposed to sunlight with each successive blood draw.

This is the result I got today:

Vitamin D 25, Total 30 (30-100 Ng/ml)
Vitamin D 25, D3 38 (No Range)
Vitamin D 25, D2 <4 (No Range)

Have been off the drug for nine months.

VITAMIN D3(25-OH)D3=11.9 nmol/L ref.27.7-107.0

Very low isnt it? Could it be of propecia? I quit that drug 6 years ago.

Any experiences for supplementation by D3 drop-form?

I just started with 25 drops/day (which is adequate to 5.000 I.U)

Desperado.

Low vit D is often a common factor among PFS sufferers so yes, it could be a result of finasteride.

Desperado, Yes it most certainly can. Yourā€™s is one of the lowest I have seen on here. When did you do this test and how long have you been supplementing 5,000 IU? For me 5,000 IU was the right number. I took more than that at some point, but that should take your Vit D back up to a healthy range.

If we accept (Trevor Marshall, Ph.D.) theory that Vit. D receptor is disfunctional in auto-immune diseases, and furthermore if we accept thesis about presence of high-levels of Vit. D in its active form (simultaneously with low level of tested vit.D in its non-active form in such diseases) than conclusions could point to weaken immune system in pacients with such conditions.

It is pointed in official medicine that exact role in microbic pathogens in commonly uknown etiology of internal auto-immune diseases is not yet well investigated, but certainly they take place and deserve further analysys. (Erbringer et al. 1996., Thomas Brown et al. 1977).

There are lots of debates about exact role of vit. D in auto-immune reactions, as well as newest interesting opignions of Marshalls ā€œauto-immune fundationā€.

Thus, there are possibilities that finasteride (as a steriod) could weaken human immune-system and provoke pathogen overgrowth which could lead to auto-immune immune reactions followed by tissue and cell damage.

D.

Latest result:
09/23/2011 - Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy - 34 [30 - 150] ng/mL

My 3 previous results are posted earlier in the thread.

Iā€™m honestly dissapointed you didnt also get this testedā€¦

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5403&p=42235&hilit=+second#p42235

would the next person getting D tested please ask for BOTH types

Didnā€™t know I needed to get that as well. Iā€™ll get it tested next time.

iā€™ve been doing a lot of vit d3 recently and i know it makes a big difference in a positive light. however, iā€™m doing d3 drops that you put on your tongue and instantly get absorbed into your bloodstream as opposed to through your stomachā€¦ the drops are def. the best way to take d3 or direct sunlight. the drops i have are 2k IUā€™s eachā€¦ the brand i had direct help with is called vitality works vit d3 2,000 IU drops.

i take vit d because i know my doc saw my values and she said they were clearly lowā€¦ i dont have the results in front of me so iā€™m not sur

Vitamin D, 25-OH was 7 (30-100)

More importantly, I have been taking 5000iu d3 daily for the past few years and just had the recent results above. I recently found my T, andro and pregnenolone are low and after almost 9 years of searching I recently confirmed that Propecia caused my daily headches, fog and irritability.

I have been telling my family and friends to take the same 5000iu daily after researching and learning a lot about things like vitamin Dā€™s benefits and it is incorrect that nobodyā€™s levels go above 30. My boss, gf, momā€¦ all have levels between 30 and 60 due to supplementation per my recommendation over the years. The surfer example actually proved even with high levels of sun, supplementation is needed (not that 30 is acceptable).

Most important, low D is really really bad and needs more attention here. Since my pregnenolone was low I found the enzyme CYP450 is needed to convert cholesterol over as well as adrenal ferredoxin which Iā€™m wondering if anyone is looking at. Guess what that same CYP450 enzyme class has to do with?? Vitamin D synthesisā€¦

Being low in D puts us at greater risk for cancer and accepting any level below 40 in our condition is not right. Finally I just had an ANA screen and the IFA was positive which is autoimmune related. I know itā€™s all PFS related. GO TEST YOUR ANA and Antinuclear AB Titer. I did both through Quest.

1 Like

Oitspitw,
one question: did you improve your sexual problems by the Vit D supplementation.

My vit D is also very low (way below the range). I took Vit D tablets but it had no effect.

You can see my full USP and bloods as ordered by Dr. Crisler in my latest post.

viewtopic.php?p=52545#p52545

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy (units)ng/dL (value)33.5 (range)30.0-100.0

So clearly Iā€™m at the low end of the range and this whole thread has me pondering some things. Last summer I spent nearly a week tanning on the beach for just an hour or two at a time. By the end of the week I was getting spontaneous erections and had increased sensitivity as well.