*** Post your VITAMIN D (25-OH / 25-hydroxyvitamin D) result

Vit D results from 11/19.

Vitamin D 39.1 (32-100)

and i was taking 6000 i/u per day leading up to the test… going to start again and boost to 10,000 i/u

Vit D- 31.2 (30-100) low

My vit D level was very low for quite some time thanks to the poision. Some guys had improvements with different body functions as a result of supplementing Vit D3, so I decided to try that.

My reading before trying to improve this:

23 (25-80 ng/ml)

After supplementing Vit D3 for 2.5 months 25k

137 (25-80)

Obviously now my level is too high. I have no way of knowing for sure that the Vit D3 is the only reason my level rose, as I have been on HC for 8 weeks almost the entire time I was supplementing Vit D3. I do feel much more solid and more felxible. So at least we know we can get this number back up, unlike many other proteins and hormones.

Even though it’s a bit off topic , but my doctor told me that I shouldn’t take more than 1,000 ul of Vitamin D daily because it is a hormone which stores in the kidney and when you take to much it’s not healthy … So what should I do ? with a value of 6 ? (Vitamin D 25 (OH): 6.0 ug/l 20-58) I reduced my intake of 2,000.

You’re doctor is reflecting what many here believe to be outdated knowledge on Vitamin D. The body produces much more than 1,000 IUs when exposed to 30 minutes of sunlight. Do some research online and on other threads in this forum.

Hope88,

Doctors have a lot of opinions about these things and they are not always right. Many think Propecia is safe, shouldn’t that tell you something.

My advice is to supplement a couple of thousand Vit D3 a day for a month and then have a blood test done. If it is still too low you need to up the dose, until you get the number in a healthy range.

Personally, I felt a big improvement once I had been on Vit D3 for about a month. I felt solid and sturdy, not like a frail old person. Clearly, I don’t need a high dose that I was on before. I have lowered it and will do another blood test and look at it again.

One interesting thing you bring up is the Kidneys. Many things keep pointing back to the kidneys as being part of our issue.

This is a bit off topic but I found it interesting
As you all know, people who have permanent side effects from ssri use have very similar symptoms to us. I participate in forums for ssri victims too because I have found that a lot of the things that they are going through are similar to our own struggles.

Surprisingly they all have screwed up vitamin d levels too. The parallels are astonishing

Read my previous post. There is no connection between PFS and vitamin d. The vitamin d levels being reported here are completely normal when set against vitamin d levels seen in healthy people in the general population.

Scaredmale30,

This is completely inaccurate. If you want to make this kind of statement, you need to back it up with medical data. Post a link to a medical study from a respected website.

The Vit D levels that men on this forum are posting are incredibly unhealthy. Many of our levels don’t even fall within what is accepted in the medical community as healthy ranges for men. They actually fall outside of the range.

Boston

Read my post. It links to a New York Times article on the biggest, most established vit d study for decades.

Take a cohort of young people who are not complaining of any health problems. The vast majority will have vit d below 30 ng/ml. Look at JN’s post on Hawaiian surfers. They are young, fit, get plenty of sunlight and most have levels below 30ng/ml

The expert in charge of the study concludes that ranges being used by labs are way off.

These labs are all part of a health industry that wants to encourage people to believe they are deficient in things when they are not.

You have to be able to change your mind when new evidence comes to light. Our vit d levels are totally normal.

You might want to argue that everyone should take vit d and get higher than natural levels. But that is a different discussion. Fact remains that evidence shows that our vit d levels are the same as those of normal healthy young men.

This thread is for POSTING RESULTS ONLY. There is another thread for vit d discussion.

I’m not sure that is entirely the case. I happened to have a Vit D test from a few months before fin and my level came in at 68. Post fin, my level is 32.

Seasonal?

Yesterday taken
22 December 2010

Without any vit D suplement

Only a healthy diet including fish, cheese with have a lot of these vitamin

Results:

14 ng/mL range (32-80)

So, clearly deficient

139 nmol/L (51 - 140) I have been supplementing about 40 000 iu once a week. I have low free test.

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy): 38.5 ng/mL [Reference Range: 30 - 100]

Tested: October 22, 2010 at 8:30AM, after fasting overnight

I was consuming 2x Mega Men Sport tablets per day (multivitamin) at the time I took this test. I was on no other prescription drugs or over the counter products at the time.

Mine…

are you ready?

the highest my endo has ever seen.

LOL

This is from bloods taken 28th Jan. I took huge doses of vit d3 back in november/start of Dec. After that, just the odd one here and there.

I’ll be safely ruling this out. I figure that since vit d3 is fat soluable i had stored some? Either way im the opposite of deficient and i live in Ireland where it rains… (i do take a sun bed here and there!!)

suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/02/9600-iu-vitamin-d-required-to-get-975.html

Colin, thanks for posting that study. There is no doubt that the levels of Vit D we have as a result of propecia are very dangerous.

For those of you with Low Vit D levels as a result of taking this poision, maybe you could benifit from my results. I have been a human guniea pig trying to find the right level.

23 (25-80 ng/ml) several months after quiting years of propecia use

137 (25-80) 1st retest after supplementing 25,000iu of Vit D3 per day

[b] 49 /bng/mL 2nd restest after lowering the dose to 5,000 iu per day.

About 2.5 months time inbetween the last two tests taking the 5k per day.

My doctor commented this is where we like to see it. Well guess what when I talked him that day, which was a little more than a week after these results were taken my knees were starting to hurt again. i used to get a throbbing pain in my knees which was coming back. My guess the level had droppped even more in one week since the test was taken.

I’m now on 15,000 iu per day. I will test again soon, but my guess is I will need to be between 10-15k iu per day. I’m 5’11" 170lbs for those who trying to guage an appropriate amount. I won’t stop taking this until I can potentially correct my condition. The pain is no longer there.

Are you taking the capsule or tablet form of D?

I just read that tablet-form vit D is poorly absorbed. I have some gelcaps (equate brand - walmart) and was wondering what type u take.