*** Post your VITAMIN D (25-OH / 25-hydroxyvitamin D) result

Hi my vitamin D level was: 13 (range is 20-100)

What really puzzles me is why is my calcium elevated out of range? Can anyone answer this?

I’m finding through research, low vitamin d levels are caused by hypothyroidism as well. Your intenstine isn’t absorbing it.
I think finasteride threw our bodies out of whack, leading to fibromyalgia symptoms(hypothyroidism) and causing a dominoe affect on everything else
We’ll see if my theory proves correct in a couple months

Welcome to the group.

I agree w/ everything you just said except “why is my calcium elevated”?? Doesn’t research say that elevated calcium is a result of either elevated vitamin D or cancer? I hate using the c word.

Elevated calcium could be due to development of Hyperparathyroidism: endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/hyper/hyper.htm

Low vitamin D levels have been implicated in the condition ( amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(9900294-6/abstract ), and aside from possible surgery to remove the parathyroid glands, treatment often involves vitamin D supplementation to increase levels.

But I have low Parathyroid levels and elevated calcium. So, that would eliminate parathyroid issues, right?
Tim

i have seen things written that say thyroid problems can screw up calcium distribution
how and why i dont know

25 OH Vitamin D: 36,8 (75 - 250 nmol/l) 04/28/2010.

3 years on Fin. 7 years off. (since 2003).

joo

Vit D 25 Hydrooxyvitamin D 19, range 30-100 ng/ml
vitamin D 25-OH, D3 19 ng/mL
vitamin D 25-OH, D2 <4 ng/mL

Test taken Aug 25, 2010. Took Fin for 15 months. Off Fin now for almost 6 months.

13 years on Fin Vit D 16 30- 100
 Had Vit D shots caused extreme anxiety, high blood preasure and could not sleep Doctor at time thought I was crazy. Second round of shots did exact same thing this before I knew what was going on with Fin and side effects.

I think more likely than ‘your body isn’t absorbing it’, the Vit D isn’t being synthesised at the skin level from sunlight properly (due to a hypothyroid state and thus low activity of 3 HSD enzyme). Don’t forget that 95% (roughly) of Vit D is acquired from sunlight and a surprisingly minimal amount acquired from diet.

I stand to be corrected on this though.

JN

Vit d defficiancy is also very common mongst celiacs. And somehow i doubt celiacs get less sunexposure than the rest of the population so vit 3 is not only about sunlight.

A few interesting facts about celiacs and our condition.

• Lower dht levels linked to celiac and irregular periods for women.
  • Many celiacs are not able to have children unless treaded.
  • Celiacs are linked to many neurological conditions and all of these are much more common in celiacs than non celiac population.
  • The predominent complain amongst celiacs are not related to stomach trouble but are infact chronic fatigue and weakness.
    -tingeling in extremeties.
    -loss os sensation in extremeties
    -oestoporosis is another common sideeffect if not treated.
    -loss of sensations. again neurological.
    -anxiety
    etc etc

How many ppl here have become better after strict diets that accidently contains no grains again?

For those of you who still not explored diets as a mean to get well. Do yourself a favor and look into this. Not suggesting that we are all celiacs and thats all there is to it but theres a good chance you will feel a whole lot better in just a few weeks time.

I still can not eat myself to 100% healt but i can eat myself to 100% poor health within days by just eating a few slices of bread. Dunno what you think but its hard to link those pieces of breads to increase or drop in T :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dude get a zinc taste test asap, get on a celiac diet. Start supplementing zinc, expect to be hit with an on slaught of sides this is just your body releasing copper into the blood stream for excretion. zinc picolinate is the one you want.
Fixing your zinc defiencey could fix you, you may possibly need b12 shots as some celiacs cannot absorb this vitamin.

Complete hogwash and dangerous self medicating advice.

Telling guys to start supplementing Zinc when they haven’t been tested for any defiency through BLOOD TESTS (not some “zinc taste test”) like you are some sort of doctor, is completely irresponsible.

Second,telling them to continue even if they start to feel sick if they take Zinc because you believe, in your mind, its “just your body releasing copper into the blood stream” is dangerous and is based on nothing but a concept you’ve cooked up in your own mind.

What qualifications do you have to go around offering self-medicating advice like this? This is a very serious issue and points to your lack of concern for others’ safety.

Tim, please think before you post these types of comments. You are not a doctor, nor are any of us – advocating like you have all the answers, and then telling others to do something based on nothing but blind faith/trust in some anonymous poster is simply irresponsible, dangerous, and will not be tolerated.

If you want to recommend something, make it a suggestion and follow a logical process: get tested, evaluate your results, work with a medical professional if possible to determine next steps.

Cheers.

Your right mew im not a doctor. Its up to the individual if they want to pursue this, i have a gun to no ones head.
I will be doing this cause its my body and my life and all of that.
Compared to some of the drugs i have seen you recommend on this site this is extremley safe, what 50mg of zinc p/d
thats a killer
I see one of two things happening here :

1. Tim gets better and mew doesnt or

2. Tim and mew both remain unwell

Or Tim gets really fucking sick and his kidneys shutdown like mine did after continuing to take zinc when it made me feel worse. If you’re gonna use logic finish the statement.

We have guys on armidex, cabergoline, clomid, one guy(rsa?) is using chelation medicine, t3, other thyroid meds, ssri’s, chrysler has guys on testosterone levels higher than heaven, not to mention this pending iv procaine experiment.
50mg p/d of zinc(an essential element to male heath) is not going to shut your kidneys down.

Stay in touch with reality here mate, because it would seem to me that a product that is a strong aromatase inhibitor, essential for 5ar2 expression, essential for androgen binding, essential for regeneration of androgen receptors, not to mention thyroid and adrenal regulation would be useful for us. Just make sure you are absorbing it :wink:

For anyone who doubts i have a serious zinc deficiency, how do you know you don’t?

Because I took it and the body couldn’t handle it, because my body is damaged from fin. My kidneys shut down. You can say anything you want, but if you take zinc at 50 mg per day and your body only excretes half, for a MONTH, how much zinc do you have in your body? If you cure yourself on zinc great for you. If you end up retaining water and feeling like all the water and food you’ve consumed are right at the back of your throat and start to look really sick, get to a hospital quick.

And although I’m interested in the procaine experiment from an academic standpoint, I think it’s dangerous. SSRI’s too for that mater.

As I said, just finish the statement, don’t copy fox news’ playbook and skew to your favor.

lmao at your ignorance

RESULTS
1,25(OH)2D3 most substantially increased the expression of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) gene. Our analysis also revealed several novel 1,25(OH)2D3-responsive genes. Interestingly, some of the key genes regulated by 1,25(OH)2D3 are also androgen-responsive genes. 1,25(OH)2D3 also down-regulated genes that mediate androgen catabolism.

CONCLUSIONS
The putative 1,25(OH)2D3 target genes appear to be involved in a variety of cellular functions including growth regulation, differentiation, membrane transport, cell–cell and cell–matrix interactions, DNA repair, and inhibition of metastasis. The up-regulation of IGFBP-3 gene has been shown to be crucial in 1,25(OH)2D3-mediated inhibition of LNCaP cell growth. 1,25(OH)2D3 regulation of androgen-responsive genes as well as genes involved in androgen catabolism suggests that there are interactions between 1,25(OH)2D3 and androgen signaling pathways in LNCaP cells. Further studies on the role of these genes and others in mediating the anti-cancer effects of 1,25(OH)2D3 may lead to better approaches to the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer. © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

Real-time RT-PCR showed that DHT at 1–100 nM significantly inhibited 1,25-(OH)2D3-induced expression of 24-hydroxylase in LNCaP cells. Furthermore, the catabolism of 1,25-(OH)2D3 was decreased by 10 nM DHT. An androgen receptor (AR) antagonist, Casodex antagonized the DHT effect, whereas an AR agonist (due to the mutant AR in LNCaP cells) hydroxyflutamide did not.

Since i have not visited the board frequently lately im assuming you have more info on the dht vitamin d3 connection in the prostate. Cant seem to find studies on this site, maybe im just a bad searcher?

If im understanding this right then DHT will lower vitamin d3 and low vitamin d3 initself downregulate genes that mediate androgen breakdown (catabolism)? now what does breakdown (catabolism) in this scenario mean in layman terms?

Thanks!

On Propecia for three months
Symptoms started this July, I immediately got off the drug, and symptoms (weak erections) have persisted since (for 4 months)
Vit D was tested in late October

Result: 22 (30 - 100)