*** Post your VITAMIN D (25-OH / 25-hydroxyvitamin D) result

JN, thank you for finding this. Do you know any solution for people with fat absorbtion deficiencies?

Insomnia, if you stopped supplementation in October 2009, and got tested in March 2010, thatā€™s 6 months where you were not supplementing. It is certainly possible any gains you had up to October would be gone by March, when you went for latest tests.

I wonder if my vit D3 level in October was correct or not after five months on such a big intakeā€¦I supose that if I have not any fat malabsorption problems (it would be a fatal coincidenceā€¦), my level was on the range, mostly because IF NOT, which is the way to increase this element? IF NOT, I think is easier to damage the liver than improve itā€¦
So, if my opinion were correct and my level was OK, having vit D on a properly diet, taking the sun everydayā€¦I canā€™t understand such poor number (Āæ?)
Are we sentence to intake all of our lives vit D suplements as testosteronetherapy replacement???

You should probably take it with a high quality fish oil supplement, which is what I do.

I take Moxxor. Itā€™s a little on the pricey side, but from what Iā€™ve researched, totally worth it. Google it.

Also, try and take either ZMA or a high quality Magnesium supp. at night. My mag supp of choice is MagTab cycled with ZMA.

Magnesium will also stop any twitching if you have this symptom.

Insomnia, there are other symptoms re, fat malabsorption syndrome that are more noticeable (ie) oneā€™s faeces are pale and float, skin lesions from malnutrition.

It is likely your levels recovered by October, but clearly you should have tested Vit D then.

If oral supplementation does not work then Intramuscular Vitamin D is an optioin. Easy.

I want to know if you noticed any symptom improvment when you were taking Vit D for 5 months at a high dose. Please answer this.

JN

I have low vitamin D and the floating pale stool. How do you go about fixing or testing fat malabsorbtion issues?

My faeces wasnā€™t as you describe, there were no changes on meā€¦On the other hand I felt tired and dehydrated. Pain in legs.
I canā€™t clearly put the blame on it because we can be a little bit hypochondriac, you knowā€¦

Guys, please take discussion related to Vitamin D absorption issues etc to a seperate thread or PM, as this one is for POSTING Vitamin D results only. I should also heed this advice.

Thanks.

Vit D level is 69 on a scale of 50 to 300.
Taken on 7 April 2010
Off Propecia for 9 years.

Please guys perticipate in the trial. Link below. I am filling out my form tomorrow. I want to get better. This is a golden opportunity.

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3497

JN

Ugh my values is far worse than doc had me belive over the phone.
When he said i was 28 i thought reference range was similar to most of your guys ref range ie 30-x but i was wrong.

S-25-OH Vitamin D: 28 (75-250)

Wow thats low!

Id also like to ad that the first post says :

ā€œIf you have low Vitamin D test results (25-OH, also known as 25-hydroxyvitamin D), please post your resultsā€

Id like everyone to post even if you have high values, dont you all? Id like to c if theres a general deficiency amongst us! If we all have it to a certain degree we are on to something, if 40 of a 1000 have it, it could just be that we are ill and sitting indoors to muchā€¦

Can you please change so everyone posts?

I can test for Vitamin D12 here. Does that indicate anything?

6 months off fin, after taking 10,000 IU/day for 2 months, my Vitamin D is 65 (30-80). I am also on clomid ā€“ not sure if itā€™s relevant.

What were your levels immediately after stopping Fin?

I havenā€™t tested it immediately after fin. That was my first and only test on Vitamin D.

After less than a month on approx 8000 IU / day my Vit D levels have gone up to 116 from 28. Range 70-160.

Cant really say i have noticed any impressive improvements over this time.

Because of the way these ranges were determined, there is actually talk in the Vit D community of the ranges themselves not being sufficient. Youā€™d be better to get it up to the highest reference range and then keep it there with continued supplementation. It can only help.

12,9 ng/ml (10-50)
Tested 5 months ago.
Off the drug for 5-6 years.

From what IĀ“ve read Vitamine D is linked to Parathormone. If anyone has low calcium or vitamine D the Parathormone works much more to stimulate Vitamine D or calcium. I also have intact Parathormone over limits:
68.6 pg/ml (15-65)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parathyroid_hormone

I think I started with the most pathetic Vit D numbers:

My numbers:
Septā€™09 - 8 (30-60)
Decā€™09 - 30 (30-100)
Juneā€™10 - 75 (30-100)

I am really happy my numbers have gone up. I was supplementing 10,000 iu/day from last 5 months.
I am now reducing it to 5,000 iu/day.
As for improvements, well I have so many cycles, thats its a bit hard to say. I think my liver also has a role to play in all this. Still guessing though.

Are you still on 10,000 iu/day? I reduced mine to 5,000 as I got pretty decent in the range 75 (30-100). Not sure if its a good idea. what does ur doc say?