****POST YOUR TFT (THYROID FUNCTION TESTS HERE)*****

Great discussion on Thyroidism

musclechatroom.com/forum/sho … 66&page=17

Also, look at the thyroid chart at discussion link “17”

After reading this discussion, professionals state that FT3/RT3 ratio should be no less than 20. Anything less is not optimal, and it intefers with T3 getting into the receptors.

Anonn1

What does your ratio work out as?..i dont know how to work it out

around 14.5

334/23=14.5

What are your main symtoms dude?Also do u have low body temp?

reverse T3 290 (90-350)

Have they said if they are going to treat you for this?

He said he is NOT going to treat me for this and that it means nothing.

main symptoms are lack of libido and ED, depression, fatigue and insomnia. i dont know what my temp is

34 (range 11-32)

Golf what did your doc say about this? Will they treat it?

That the potential treatment is cytomel and that he is looking more into the literature.

You gotta find a doctor that will, but your probably already onto it :wink:

Golf,

Before going on T3(cytomel) or slow released T3, make sure you get your cortisol levels checked…

If your cortisol level is low, taking T3 won’t be effective.

If cortisol is low, you need to address that deficiency first. Ideally you would do the following:

Hydrocortisone(10-30mg, depending on what you need during the day, in interval doses5mg every few hours.
Pregnolonone(100mg50 mg in morning and 50 mg at night) SLOW released.
Cytomel or slow released T3start off dosing small

I’ve been doing alot of dwelling on message boards and this is what makes some people feel really good.

thanks my cort is in range.

Results 8/30

T4 FREE 1.2 (.8-2.2 NG/DL)
TSH, SENSITIVE 2.399 (.465-4.68 UIU/ML)
PROLACTIN 16.4 (3.7-17.9 NG/ML)

Note: They did not do the T3 test. I don’t know why. My endo just will not test everything. I made sure I got Prolactin done. I have a connection here. High prolactin is indicative of hypothyroidism or prolactinoma. Look it up.

My numbers seem to fit the pattern of a lot of members. Elevated TSH within range and lower third range T4. TSH levels above 2 have been argued to be high. Also, T4 values for young healthy people should theoritcally be in the upper third of the range.

My symptoms: Cold extremities, very weak and sluggish in the AM, average body temp 97.5-.7 measured over the past 3-4 days, feelings of temperature sensitivity fluctuation, constipation. And of course the chronic PFS hypogonadic symptoms from low T.

support
http://www.mercola.com/article/hypothyroid/diagnosis_comp.htm
http://thyroid.about.com/library/endocrine/blprolactinoma2.htm

time to seek a new endo if able.

I had the same problem. They only test a couple of things that they think will show them everything. For instance they dont usually test SHBG and Free Test because Free Test will show tell them about the SHBG - that and the HMOs have their way with these guys -Keep expenses down on diagnostics.

I wrote a 3 page paper to my endo about Reverse T3 and basically gave him everything he needs so he doesnt have to do any work! I can send it you if you want. These guys are lazy as hell but will be less likely to shun you if you put everything in their hands and practically write the script for them. My endo ordered a new test for Reverse T3, TSH and Free T3 as a response as opposed to prescribing T3 but I guess its a start. I went and did the lab today. (Last tests had Reverse T3 out of range high, and TSH in the upper high range but I guess he wants to see all 3 at the same time)

In JN’s original post in this thread there is a link to labs that allow you to test without a doctor’s script. Unless your determined to go through a doctor, I imagine for reasons of cost, this is an easy way to get the thyroid tests you need.

How are you feeling dustin? Still having problems?