****POST YOUR TFT (THYROID FUNCTION TESTS HERE)*****

Deranged thyroid hormones could explain some our symptoms (depression, anxiety, brain fog, lethargy, even ED and other sexual symptoms). There are a few reports on this site of individuals who have improved their symptoms with thyroid hormones.

PLEASE POST YOUR THYROID FUNCTION TEST RESULTS HERE

A full screen should include

Free T4
Free T3
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Reverse T3 (apparently a very sensitive marker and rarely done).

LAB TESTS AND LABS WHERE NO DOCTOR REQUEST IS NECESSARY
stopthethyroidmadness.com/re … d-labwork/

LAB VALUES AND EXPLANATIONS
stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values/

Discussion on thyroid function and Post Propecia Syndrome should take place here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1291

An excellent analysis of the importance of TFTs can be found here: (external website)

stopthethyroidmadness.com/

JN, I don’t quite have a full thyroid panel. I’m getting one done end of next week though…These tests here are from 05/06/2010

TSH 2.57 Range: .27-4.20

TOTAL T3 .98 Range: .80-2.00

Free T4 Uptake 1.30 Range .9-1.70

31 March,2010

TSH .65 .3 - 5.9

FT4 11.4 7.0 - 17.0 pm/L
FT3 4.4 3.3 - 6.0 pm/L

19 Mar 2009

sTSH 1.00 .35 - 5.0 pm/L
FT4 12 10 - 20 pm/L
FT3 4.1 2.6 - 5.7 pm/L

JN results, 31/7/2008

TSH 1.92
Free T4
Free T3

Thyroid antibodies were negative

I need to get Reverse T3 which is the best marker.

JN

JN,

I am looking at a diagnostic test form right now. The one I am using for my blood test for tomorrow. I don’t see Reverse T3 offered. Maybe they don’t have the capability for this hormone.

They have:

T3, Total
T3 Uptake
T4 Total
T4 Free

I don’t even see T3 Free, listed. Is T3 Uptake the same as T3 Free?

Which of these is best to add?

I’ll obviously add:
TSH
T4 Free

Here go my TFT results:

August 2009, before any post-finasteride treatment:

TSH 4.61 µU/mL range 0.3 - 4.5
T3 libre 3.31 pg/mL range 2.1 - 4.2
T4 libre 1.22 ng/dL range 0.7 - 1.8
Ac. antithyrodiens: negative

October 2009, after 90 mg/day of armour thyroid since august 2009

TSH 0.93 µU/mL range 0.3 - 4.5
T3 libre 4.21 pg/mL range 2.1 - 4.2
T4 libre 0.86 ng/dL range 0.7 - 1.8
Ac. antithyrodiens: negative

Currently on 75 mg / day of Erfa thyroid, haven’t tested yet, but will do so soon and post results in the forum.

Right, I’m a little over excited about something.

Everyone, please check out ‘Reverse T3 syndrome’ or ‘Wilson’s syndrome’ (not the copper disease).
I think this may explain A LOT about our symptoms. I’ve been up all night researching this and I must say, I think ‘Reverse T3’ syndrome may be VERY important here. Apparently easily treated. And links in with adrenal issues.

Here is a good link

medical-library.net/reverse_ … drome.html

It is ESSENTIAL to get Reverse T3 tested along with ALL other thyroid hormone parameters AT THE SAME TIME in the same blood test.

JN

‘Wilson’s syndrome’ (aka Reverse T3 dominance) is not a legitimate diagnosis from the medical community. Wilson’s syndrome is typically ascribed to by alternative medicine and naturopaths who fall outside the realm of traditional medicine, and who often promote other scientifically debated/unaccepted conditions such as “adrenal fatigue”.

One must be careful not to fall for dubious claims and treatments. Just something to keep in mind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson’s_syndrome

Mew, this could be part of the puzzle. We cannot disregard the possibility of being hypothyroid.

I’m getting all the tests done, and will proceed from there.

I just want to point out dr jacobs also had a patient whom had this syndrome and he was also accused by the pharmacy of irresponsible prescribing - but he is the only person who was able to fix her condition. Apparently she had a resistance to thyroid hormone. So, just because the medical community doesn’t accept a condition, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exists. Like, ours for example.

I’m simply saying it’s important to evaluate all information as objectively as possible, not that hypothyroidism isn’t necesarily part of the puzzle. In my own case, my TSH was at 4.54 (range 5.5) within 3 months after quitting Fin, and there are other users on this site diagnosed with hypothyrodism (one even with Hashimoto’s) who improved with treatments.

What I was drawing attention to was the specific methods/diagnosis of Reverse T3 dominance as described by Dr. Wilson, which has not been accepted by the medical community at large. Just something to be kept in mind when seeking treatments. By all means though, one can ascribe to whatever medical system, belief etc they want.

Good luck, hopefully some patterns will emerge here either way. Let’s continue this thread with test results, as that is what it’s meant to be about.

Post-finasteride syndrome hasn’t been accepted by the medical community at large is it bogus?

Here is a link to a cheap lab for testing, for those interested:

econolabs.com/tests/?l=T

59 dollars for reverse t3

Mew can you look at my values? Also how did u treat your hypo thyroid?

I’m not seeing anyone else post their thyroid results…Please stop being lazy and post them.

THREAD ON A HYPOTHYROID male with erectile dysfunction(his labs are very very similiar to mine)

musclechatroom.com/forum/sho … php?t=4757

Thanks

Here are my results taken earlier this year:

TSH 2.41 (0.320 - 5.500 uIU/mL)
Free T4 0.90 (0.70 - 1.8 ng/dL)

They seem to follow a pattern on this board with moderately high TSH values (2.41 is in the 5 percentile range even though the “acceptable” range goes up to 5.5) and low Free T4 values. Many of us appear to be borderline hypothyroid.

Here’s mine from back in March. I’ll have a new blood test result soon with RT3 as well. I added IGF1, as there is likely a link to the Thyroid problem. ALso my Cortisol stimulation test result. Many hypothyroid sufferers have low cortisol/adrenal problems.

Anyone have a comment on my cortisol? it seems very low to me. Stupid doctor, said I was fine.

IGF1 93 (106-277)
IGF3 2.7 (3.4-6.7)

Free T4 1.01 (.61-1.12)
Free T3 2.81 (2.50-3.90)

Cortisol stimulation

Cortisol Basel 12.6 (8.7-22.4)

Also, I should mention to you guys that TSH is not a reliable indicator of thyroid problems. Read this article that is on, “Stop the Thyroid Madness”

The article explains one of the main reasons that Thyroid sufferers never get treated is doctors use TSH levels as main determining factor. These patients in turn, suffer for years never being diagnosed properly.

stopthethyroidmadness.com/ts … s-useless/

Reverse T3 result 25/6/2010

786 range is (140 to 540)

JN

JN you’re on to something - I can feel it in my bones…
Way to go!

Body Temperature:Throughout the Day

07/02/2010
Morning: 95.8

Afternoon:96.7

Afternoon again: 97.3

Night: 97.1

07/03/2010

Late Morning: 96.1
Evening: 97.8

07/06/2010

Morning: 96.3