*** Post your Adiol-G (3alpha-androstanediol glucuronide) blood test results

383 ng/dl Ref Range: 260-1500 ng/dl

low range - pretty typical

kazman stated that dark chocolate contains theobromine which suppresses 5AR2 activity. You should definitely avoid it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2763&hilit=chocolate&start=80

Youngbuckā€¦how are your symptoms man?Are u suffering all the sexual side effects like most of us?

Im not 100% sure but i think he has very different views on this(reasons for pfs) from the other pfs doctors

i am white with european background

Yes, seems they all have very different ideas about the cause. Shippen and Jacobs have both mentioned androgen insesitivity but only Jacobs has proposed a mechanism.

Wish they would all get together on thisā€¦ weā€™re dying hereā€¦

Some are dead. Stop the madness merck.

Hi
Does anyone know where I could make analysis of 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide (3-Alpha Diol G) in EUROPE ?(I am Italian)

Thanks

If you cannot find a laboratory in Europe please consider getting a 24 hour urinary steriod profile. Taking the 5beta to 5alpha reduced metabolite ratios from urine analysis is more accurate than serum adiol-G anyway, and can provide some further indication of the state of testosterone breakdown pathways. If you go this route let me know as I can help you calculate the ratios.

See Mewā€™s July 26, 2009 post here:
viewtopic.php?t=761

the paper there can be used as a guide.

Not sure if below link was posted before. One of the conclusions is mentioned below:

ā€œThere was, however, a strong correlation between serum 3 alpha-Adiol-G and bio T (P = 0.0005), suggesting that in men serum 3 alpha-Adiol-G levels may be dependent upon available free and albumin-bound Tā€

So increasing free T and albumin-bound T would be a solution? Not sure what the latter actually isā€¦

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2972739

3a-Andostanediol Glucoronide 265 (260-1500 ng/dL)

I had forgotten this topic, I donā€™t even know why we go on searching elsewhereā€¦

If our tests donā€™t always present the same patterns, they are clearly the same here.

Adiol-G is LOW for everyone if us.

So there is very very little 5ARII activity.

I donā€™t think there could possibly be another cause to our problems, letā€™s not forget itā€™s that little enzyme Fin inhibited, and even if every other thing was screwed up by a cascade of events afterwhile, this little enzyme is still not returning to normal functionning, we have the proof here. We could go on forever trying a zillion other things, this little enzyme would stay forever asleep anyway if no med is targeting it directly. (If only we could swallow something stimulating 5ARII activity but that is impossible for now :frowning: )

Do we have examples of post-fin sufferers who showed good level of 5ARII activity?

19 has good adiol-G readings.

adiol-G isnā€™t the best marker for 5ARII activity anyway. Uninary analysis is.

3-Adiol-G: 256 (260-1500) LOW

Now is there anyway to increase this?

Apparently increasing free testosterone does.

Boosting the cortisol production line (prog,preg,cortisol) supposedly increases DHT metabolism which should help too (as per Chillinā€™s theory).

My cortisol is already jacked out, in fact its off the charts high (donā€™t have it in front of my to give the exact number)

Well thatā€™s not great either. You might need to boost your thyroid levels to enhance cortisol absorption/metabolism.

With the way my blood testosterone levels are I should be horny as hell.

My serum test is over 800 consistantly.

My free test was 188 (top end of the range)

My DHT is normal but fluxes between 35-60 (25-75)

3-Adiol-G is 256 (260-1500)*

Cortisol is 72.2 (5-55)

Pretty much everything else is normal. (LH, FSH, SHBG, prolactin, estrodial)

My thyroid shows low T3 but I need more tests there.

*It seems my body isnā€™t metabolising Testosterone/DHT correctly. That seems to be the issue, whether its thyroid related, I have no idea. It seems that testosterone/dht metabolism is the root issue, which is why many of us like myself with normal or high Test, are still not better. The question now becomes, what altered testosterone metabolism? How did fina change testosterone metabolism permanantly. Why are the enzymes not working? Am I low on the necessary enzymes? Can I increase them? I am getting more tempted to try the cyclosporin a idea everyday, but I want to exhaust other methods first.

I think I maybe an excellent test rat for any proposed treatments because I donā€™t seem to be having the low test or screwed up estrogen issues that many of us have, yet I am suffering most of the same side effects as everyone else. In fact somewhat worse than others.

Updated:

3-Adiol-G up to 442 from 256 (260-1500) 1.5 months between tests.

I donā€™t feel much, but I suppose this is better than nothing.

What did you do to increase your 3-Adiol-G?