*** Post your Adiol-G (3alpha-androstanediol glucuronide) blood test results

Free t is more of a factor?

Free T was measured directly by RIA blood analysis and not calculated with TT and SHBG.

Im not sure if this test is testing what we think it is testing

What do you think its a test for? It is indicated as a test of overall androgenicity.

I havenā€™t seen 3 Adiol G listed on my labā€™s ā€˜we-doā€™ list of tests, and itā€™s a pretty well-established lab in Canada (the Gamma corp). So I think itā€™s more a matter of the test being far less accessible than most others.

Iā€™m going to book and ask my doc as soon as possible about it.

adiol g is a relatively inactive androgen derived from dht, this means nothing to us.

I had my 3 Adoil G test today. Should get the results back from Quest in 3 days.

Really Tim, and you base that statement on what exactly?

Exactly tim - its also a nerosteroid from my understanding if you read the papers by frye in the other studies section. It has a lot to do with desire a well with masculine traits.

Agreed with the statement about doctors, but I donā€™t the the second one is accurate, that good always wins. Itā€™s all about advertising and profit, we are the suckers who got screwed.

We need scientists and scientific aproach not ā€œevidence based medicineā€

Just take a look
Neurosteroid Effects in the Central Nervous System: The Role of the GABA-A Receptor
amazon.com/Neurosteroid-Effe ā€¦ 687&sr=8-3

dms2.dartmouth.edu/henderson/

Neurosteroid Effects in the Central Nervous System: The Role of the GABA-A Receptor
amazon.com/Neurosteroid-Effe ā€¦ 006&sr=8-2

nicolelislab.net/

It would be wonderful if we could catch one of this scientific groups attention.

The more i see the more i raelize that more important than the level of the hormones itĀ“s the metabolism and nervous system signalling problems.

Perhaps a low adiol g result is best. I dont really want an inactive androgen in my body if i could have an active one

Tim do you have a link which shows evidence that low Adiol-G is a good thing.If that is the case then I should feel amazing with a rock bottom Adiol-G score of 3.4ng/ml.I think that itā€™s bad news to have a low reading based on research all over this board and perhaps based on my screwed up libido and erectile function.I hope u are rightā€¦

I donā€™t understand why there are so many herbs and medications allowing to inhibit 5ar2, but absolutely nothing to boost it. If there were, that could be tremendous help for us. Whatā€™s the biological difficulty (since there are so many herbs or meds allowing to boost Testosterone, lower Estrogenā€¦)? Been really curious about thatā€¦

Just updated my bloodtests

maracatu,

Thanks for updating your testing and treatment history. Your adiol-G appeared to reach normal levels when you were taking an astounding 1 mg/day of arimidex (presumably suppressing estradiol conversion of T and forcing it down the 5AR1 and 5AR2 oathways, Did you have any relief of symptoms in this period?

kazman

I told Dr. Shippen I had this test done and he said that its of little consequence but ā€œnice to haveā€ and its only a metabolite of DHT.

He isnt considering androgen resistance at all or, does he feel that 3 Adiol G isnt a good measure of tissue androgen metabolism even though its scientifically proven to be just that? Im pretty confused by this. Probably something obvious Im missing. Going to fax my results to his office and hopefully get to ask him this on our next phone consult. I had this tested by order of Dr. Jacobs and Iā€™ll post my results soon as I get them. This is another reason why I cant wait until all the docs conference. So many differences on how they are approaching PFS.

boo yaā€¦cheers shippen

Forgot Crisler, Forgot Shippen, Forgot Jacobs, Forgot Goldstein ā€¦
We need state of the art science and scientists not Medical Gurus or evidence based medicineā€¦
Time has passed and none of the famous doctors achive sucessā€¦ but charge a lot of dollarsā€¦

My case is not one of the worst but i firmly believe thatā€™s somethinmg wrong with our Adiol-G and since now is the best biomarker of the ā€œpost finasteride sindromeā€.

Dr. Jacobs is looking at 3 Adiol G though. Guy is probably smarter than 99% of scientists so I wouldnt disregard him totally. I havnt got that test back yet and Im thinking its the most important one.

Anyone reading this thread seeing Dr. Mariano? Is he testing for this , what are his thoughts?