*** Post your Adiol-G (3alpha-androstanediol glucuronide) blood test results

Hi, so here is my result

Androstendion 1,4 ng/ml 0.6-3.1

is it normal or is it too low ?

Hope,

Androstanedione and 3 alpha androstanediol glucruonide are different hormone/hormone breakdown metabolites. The range you posted seems off perhaps for this reason.

oh fuck I guessed soā€¦ but isnā€™t it the test which is made for women who suffer hirsutism ? because my endo doesnā€™t know what this 3alpha-androstanediol glucuronide is. she never heard of this ā€¦ so she guessed that I mean the androstendione ā€¦although Iā€™ve mailed her the list youā€™ve published for bloodtest and said that this is an important testā€¦but what about my other values in my opinion none almost none of this is off even my dheas or something which is related too shrinkage issues . so therefor androstendione is for 5alpha reductase 1 and 3alpha androstanediol glucuronide is the test for 5 alpha reductase 2 activity ? or did I confound something ā€¦ ? I really want to get better and want to do this test but it seems that my endo doesnā€™t know what it is . I really canā€™t imagine that germany is such a less developed country in medical services even because those big asshole companies are from this countryā€¦
but anyway thank you for telling me that it is the wrong test Iā€™ve done

1 Like

PLEASE POST CORRECT TESTSā€¦CONSISTENCY IS VERY IMPORTANT!

I donā€™t believe this. Thereā€™s a new member of this forum on a daily basis, yet the Adiol G results are drying up. Really, sometimes I think there are only a small pool of members here who actually want to get better.

JN

I just got my Adiol 3 G results back 212 (260-1500 ng/dl)ā€¦LOWā€¦even though my DHT was 61 (25-75 ngdl)

Pretty interesting.

Also of interest is that Dr. Jacobs ordered labs (multiple estradiol scores) that Dr. Crisler nor Shippen or any other endos ordered and it turned out to be interestingā€¦especially the estrogen vs. T.

Labs collected 05/26/2010

ESTRADIOL, FREE - 0.54 (< or = 45 pg/ml)
ESTRADIOL, % FREE - 2.35 (1.25-1.85%)
ESTRADIOL - 23 (< OR = 29 pg/ml)

DHT - 61 (25-75 ng/dL)

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL - 557 (250-1100 ng/dl)
TESTOSTERONE FREE - 87 (46-224 ng/dl)
TESTOSTERONE BIOAVAILABLE - 182.7 (110-575 ng/dl)

SHBG - 28 (7-49 nmol/L)

3A ANDROSTANEDIOL-G - 212 (260-1550 ng/dl)

Interestingly, I had been seeing Dr. Crisler since the beginning of the year, and then switched to seeing Dr. Jacobs a few weeks back. Dr. Crisler put me on DHEA at the beginning of the year because my 24 hr urine analysis showed I had naturally high (top of range) T levels and DHT, but my DHEA was very low. I kept having to up the dose of DHEA because it wasnā€™t absorbing, but it did nothing for my libido. I had 24 hr urine analyses done 4 times and each time, the more DHEA I took, the higher my DHEA, my T, and DHT went (DHT specifically went 3 times normal range), but my Estradiol remained low. Dr. Crisler never tested my Free Estradiol or % Free Estradiol, which as detailed above, were elevated on my recent blood tests. Why did Dr. Crisler never check these? Arenā€™t the Free and % Free, the most important??

I went to see Dr. Jacobs three weeks ago. He wanted to redo all my labs, but with blood tests because heā€™s not familiar with reading urine analyses. He decided to check all three estrogen measures. I stopped taking the DHEA cream two days before the test, but I had been tapering down for the two weeks before.

Since these labs, and as of last friday, i have been taking ANDRACTIM, 5g 4x per day, same as JN. I am going to get all the labs done again tomorrow morning to see if it has had any effect on my Adiol 3 G scoreā€¦i think that should be interesting to everyone on here.

I am then going to see Dr. Jacobs next week to discuss both sets of labs, Andractim, etc, etc.

Thanks a lot for posting this PPS. It becomes more and more clear with your levels and with more papers emerging on the importance of adiol-g that this level must be increased.

I swear our bodies hormonal pathways are messed up!

How is the andracitim working for you? Any improvement in libidio/erections?

pps, we should really move this discussion elsewhere as this thread is for posting Adiol G results only.

That said, Iā€™ll have my say! If you look at the Andractim paper (posted in my recovery section), you will note there is a very good increase in Adiols (alpha and beta). You will have a raised Adiol score on Andractim.

The point is this: these Adiols (possibly and theoretically) do not come from the desired target tissue action of DHT (Andractim). They will come from cutaneous usage of DHT (as Andractim is applied transdermally).

Many men (if not all) see an inadequate response to Andractim. DHT is a difficult hormone to replace as it needs to be utilised intracellularly at target tissue. Thus IM is likely to be the only decent way of replacing it.

Your repeat Adiol score will not be that interesting. You should aim for clinical response only. Adiol scores here may not even be that relevant in tracking oneā€™s DHT replacement regimen. Clinical response would be more accurate.

JN

My Adiol-g level assay that was prescribed by Dr. Jacobs was actually right smack in the middle of the range, I will get the exact number tomorrow at work but what is odd was that serum DHT was on the low side (25) in a range of 30-75 I believe.

Anyway, he is having me do a ACTH test as well as a 24hr urine cortisol test to assess further. I told him that my cortisol was high last time it was checked, so weā€™ll see. I am doing the ACTH once DR. Jacobs gets an appt with a doc in manhattan that will actually do itā€¦

Will keep you posted as I havenā€™t really been keeping up hereā€¦

Mike

I just got my blood test back from when I was on TRT and my T level reached as high as 4000. At that time, apparently my 3 Adiol G was 2500 (250-1600). Before TRT my 3 Adiol G was low at 212 (250-1600). Interestingly, it seems that in order to raise 3 Adiol G, T works better than DHT cream/Andractim, but the really bad news is that I didnā€™t feel a thing.

at 4000 Test. level your Estrogen probably went up high tooā€¦Iā€™d be interested in seeing your: IGF-1, T3, and Reverse T3, and T4 levels as well

Result of 3 Adiol g test carried out on July 10, 2010

8.1. ng/mL (range 3.40 - 22)

This is up from 1.1 ng/mL in November last year (!?). I am not taking any medication but supplementing with Phosphatidyl Serine (though that may not last long as the Brazilian health authorities seized the last batch I ordered by mail from the US ), Vitamin D and Inhibit E (also seized by Brazilian health authorities). No change in ED though I do get morning erections( I wouldnā€™t call them ā€˜woodā€™ as they disappear as soon as I stand up and in any event rarely last for more than a minute). Slightly improved sleep, brain fog much better. Skin and hair continue to be very dry. Healthy diet (no change there) and regular exercise (swimming and running). 8 kg weight gain, mainly around the waist and thighs despite diet and exercise.

Other results (blood test taken July 10, 2010)
T3 1.11ng/mL (0.8 - 2.0)
T4 7.83ug/dL (5.1 - 14.1)
TSH 3.050 uU/mL (0.270 - 4.200)
Reverse T3 0.17ng/mL (0.1 -0.35)

IGF1 - 91.90ng/mL (171-814)
IGFB3- 4.15mg/L (2.6 -8.6)

Free Test 99.25 pg/mL (69-215)
Bioavailable test 237.78 pg/mL (125-411)
Rate of Free Androgens (35.199)
[b]Percentage Bioavailable test 27.27% (35-66.3%)
Total Test 872.10 (249-836)
SHBG 85.9 nmol/L (17 -78)
DHEA-S 81.7 ug/cL (80 - 560)
DHEA 3.74 ng/mL (1.40 - 12.50)
LH 11.44 mUI/mL (1.70 - 8.60)
FSH - 11.8 (1.5 - 12.4)
ACTH 27.2 pg/mL (5 - 46)
Cholesterol total 232 mg/cL (high)
LDL Cholesterol 164 mg/dL - (high)

that is a very very high SHBG value.

Could indicate liver problems.

Adiol-G:
10.2 ng/ml - Range: 1.0 - 23.6

Itā€™s good or bad?
Thanks

could be higher, but far from the worst on the board.

Thanks for your feedback.
I was also wondering about that, but I did a full liver panel (if thatā€™s what itā€™s called) and everything seemed ok.
IĀ“m about to give up on my Brazilian endo who is sympathetic but a bit gung-ho and am thinking of consulting Alan Jacobs in NYC who may have insights.

you can, though he is already seeing an (estimated) 5-8 of us and so far has yet to really find a breakthrough - not sure its worth flying here from brazil for. I think if you are to visit a doctor you may want to try a new one all together to vary opinions and incites of what is going on.

Yes, but I think the more people Dr. Jacobs sees, the closer we are in finding a reliable treatment which will make us feel right again.

Dr. Jacobs, from what Iā€™ve seen on his website, seems like a very smart intellecutual who WANTS to help us out. I just wish all of these doctors who came public can work together in finding the solution meaning : Dr. Jacobs, Dr. Goldstein, Dr. Crisler, Dr. Mariano(not sure if he has seen any sufferers), and Dr. Shippen.

Anyways, Dr. Jacobs is a NEURO-ENDOCRINOLOGIST, meaning he has a vast understanding of the Nervous System and Endocrine system. You want to see someone of this caliber because finasteride also effects the Neurological aspect as well.

Guys, stick with these doctors please. If there are other doctors who really want to help us, they will come public. Otherwise, you are wasting your precious timeā€¦Trust me, Iā€™ve been to 9 doctors so far.

It is just sad that our medical system will not show any initiative in helping us, however in the long term, good always winsā€¦We will prevailā€¦Satan wants us to get down ourselves, the true good Deity will help us through this messā€¦

Evolution of my 3 Adiol G

Reference ranges
TT : 236 - 997
FT: : 9 - 55
E2: 0 - 45
SHBG : 13 - 71
DHT: 250 - 1000
3AdiolG: 2,5 ā€“ 20,9

21/01/2009 (taking 1mg/day Arimidex)
TT : 517
FT: : 14
E2: 5,8
SHBG : 16,7
DHT: 174,6
3AdiolG: 16,6

23/03/2010 (taking nothing)
TT : 302
FT: : 8,4
E2: <15
SHBG : 17
DHT: 171
3AdiolG: 8,7

18/05/2010 (taking notihing)
TT : 309
FT: : 5,7
E2: 20
SHBG : 15
DHT: 201
3AdiolG: 11,2

25/06/2010 (begin TRT in 27/05/2010 with Testoviron injections)
TT : 703
FT : : 25,6
E2 : 45
SHBG : 13,1
DHT : 339
3AdiolG : 9,9

As you can see my 3 AdiolG declines and even with TRT it didnā€™t up so much (like DHT).
Have to say that TRT improves quality of my erection but zero in libidoā€¦

11/10/2010 (3rd day after injection, begin TRT in 27/05/2010 with Testoviron injections)
TT : 1220 (+73,5%)
FT : : 28,2 (+10,1%)
E2 : 37
SHBG : n.d.
DHT : 608 (+79,3%)
3AdiolG : 10,5 (+6,1%) ā€¦

Despite big increase in Total Testosterone and DHT (even with low conversion rate), 3AdiolG remaisn in the low sideā€¦